Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 13" bars added to my 15, can't see mirrors. What to do?  (Read 13867 times)

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
Re: 13" bars added to my 15, can't see mirrors. What to do?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2015, 04:46:53 PM »

Hoop, you must have eight foot arms to have your bars shoved so far forward.  I like mine rolledback so I don't have to reach for them when I lean back against the backrest in the lazy-boy position with my feet on the highway pegs.  Of course at 5'10, I'm a long way from having 8' arms!!

Cowboy

That's pretty funny Cowboy, I'm 5'8 & no I don't have 8' arms!! I could roll them back a little but I like them where they are, I'm not uncomfortable at all & really like how the bike feels & handles.

:drink:Enjoy!!
Hoop

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2015, 04:49:12 PM »

Nice scooter...  WVHoop
Thanks 2BAGGR

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 09:07:35 PM »

I have the 12" Yaffe Monkey Bars on mine & can finally see with the stock mirrors. I know they are more than 12", closer to 14's maybe a little less but I really like them & have no trouble seeing the mirrors.

Hoop,

I've been admiring your bike, the best model year!!  I've been thinking of changing my pipes, it looks like you have a good looking set of true duals.  What brand is the head pipe and the cans?  I can't tell by the pictures.  I've always heard that true duals are a lot harder to tune, they have the best sound and the best heat reduction.  Was there any negative in the way of performance?

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2015, 03:54:11 PM »

Hoop,

I've been admiring your bike, the best model year!!  I've been thinking of changing my pipes, it looks like you have a good looking set of true duals.  What brand is the head pipe and the cans?  I can't tell by the pictures.  I've always heard that true duals are a lot harder to tune, they have the best sound and the best heat reduction.  Was there any negative in the way of performance?

Cowboy

Hey Cowboy,

Thanks for the compliment pertaining to my bike.

Well, the entire exhaust system is V&H. I had the head pipes ceramic coated by a company called NitroPlate & they did a really nice job & after four years have yet to change color.

As far as tuning I can't really say about difficulties between true dual & 2 into 1, I just have a map downloaded into the Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner which seems fine to me. I'm sure that putting it on a dyno would improve it even more but I spent 10 years on a NHRA Pro Stock team & chasing numbers again just doesn't really interest me anymore although if I did make changes that needed the services of a good tuner & dyno operator I wouldn't hesitate to have that done.

I do know that the difference between the old catalytic converter stock pipe & the true dual is night & day as far as being much cooler than stock & is also quite a bit louder & much better sounding.

As far as performance there is a loss of torque with a true dual setup.......I always hear people say that there isn't any back pressure with a true dual but what you really don't have is a scavenging effect of the other exhaust side as one or the other exhaust helps to pull stagnant gases from the other without the crossover or as with a 2 into 1. I personally don't think it's something that could be felt in the seat of the pants but there's always the possibility that it could be.

I keep kicking around the idea of a D&D 2 into 1 but like I said, I'm not chasing numbers anymore.

I love my bike & enjoy it very much, I bought it to ride, not race so I'm completely happy as it is!!

Well, for now, Lol :orange:

Hoop

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2015, 11:06:52 PM »

Thanks Hoop,  I've got a Drago's 2 into 1 that makes the bike run great but after a few hours on a long haul, the noise level starts to work on a guy.  I had true duals on an older bike and it's by far a better sounding exhaust and let the bike run a little cooler in my opinion.  I'm just kicking around the idea of going back to a true dual.

Thanks,

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2015, 09:44:25 AM »

I'd much rather hear the radio than an exhaust all day . Time to get out the credit card Cowboy.   You won't be sorry.   I usually try to keep in front of other riders with a 2 into1.  Less advil for me at the end of the day.  :huepfenjump3:

kurtlange

• Full CVO Member
  • chrome me
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2015, 06:30:17 PM »

The GPS mount is a Harley dash mount.  Same that is standard on the Ultra.

Cowboy

Thx. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.