Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Who has changed the seat...and to what did you change to?  (Read 14374 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
Who has changed the seat...and to what did you change to?
« on: August 26, 2015, 06:50:50 PM »

I took my first decent ride on Sunday....about 100 miles.  I have to say, the seat really isn't comfortable?  The ridge in the back of the driver portion hits me right in the top of the butt crack.  I like the look of the LePera Silohuette....I had a C&C on my standard FLHX, and it was okay.  I don't want a over sized monstrosity, but I'd like a little more comfort.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
Re: Who has changed the seat...and to what did you change to?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 06:55:06 PM »

i been looking at the corbin (solo) with backrest. it is kind of pricey but is heated!! not pulled the trigger yet.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 07:37:05 PM »

I have had Corbin solo's on several bikes and as far as long distance comfort it's very good. I can do 800 miles and get off not feeling like I need to be in traction. Some people love em, some hate em.  As far as their customer service....it is one of the worst! If the seat gets to you with a problem expect to send it back and wait another month. But if you are lucky enough to get it made right the first time then you are good to go.

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 10:05:28 AM »

I have had Corbin solo's on several bikes and as far as long distance comfort it's very good. I can do 800 miles and get off not feeling like I need to be in traction. Some people love em, some hate em.  As far as their customer service....it is one of the worst! If the seat gets to you with a problem expect to send it back and wait another month. But if you are lucky enough to get it made right the first time then you are good to go.

X2 on the Corbin classic solo with heat.  The heated version of their seats are more comfortable IMHO due to the stitch pattern required for incorporating the heating elements.  Corbin customer service does suck, but if you buy through hd-dude (site member), he will make sure it is right before you get it. :2vrolijk_21:
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 11:18:27 AM »

For when the TP is on and I'm going on a trip......a cushy Mustang with driver back rest.
The rest of the time it's got the stock solo....I find it very comfy!
I've tried a Corbin...felt like I was riding on the fender....but, that may have been because of my bony ass.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:34:14 AM by dayne66 »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 11:31:16 AM »

I purchased the HD Reach seat and sent it to Alligator Bob in Illinois.  He trimmed off 6 lbs of foam, added a pro pad and covered it in buffalo hide.  It is now one of the most comfortable seats I've ever sit on.   :P
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 07:19:59 PM »

Hey Nicky
Here's mine with a le pera outcast seat, extremely comfy with backrest, looks even more badass without it, and the good thing for me is it sits me in a very similar position to the stock Cvo seat i.e low and back...this seats a keeper for me.
Ride free brothers!

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 07:29:44 PM »

Mustang seat with backrest, bought the lowdown touring version which in slightly narrower for the rider than the standard touring model; wife likes the passenger seat.   :2vrolijk_21:
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 12:56:48 PM »

Butts are like opinions... What suits others' may or may not suit YOURS!

I went through around 6 seats before I found a couple that are comfortable to my skinny little backside. I have a Corbin DualTour for solo riding, and I can literally ride all day in it, with no problems. I got really lucky and found it here on the forum for a fraction of the new price. Even has orange flame stitching with a matching TP backrest, and two rider back rests that attach to the seat itself, with nothing on the bike. This old body needs a backrest! But the DualTour is AWFUL for the BSR... it is narrow, hard, and slants forward. My BSRs all HATE it. I'd say it's 9 out of 10 for me, but only 1/10 for the BSR.

The other seat is a Mustang Super Touring Wide Vintage, which is 8/10 for me, and 10/10 for the BSR. It came with an integrated backrest, too... so swapping seats is fast and simple. It's comfy, but not nearly as good-looking as the Corbin.

I've thought about getting a Corbin solo seat, but for whatever reason I just have never bothered.

Good luck!

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 07:35:52 AM »

Hey Nicky
Here's mine with a le pera outcast seat, extremely comfy with backrest, looks even more badass without it, and the good thing for me is it sits me in a very similar position to the stock Cvo seat i.e low and back...this seats a keeper for me.

That looks great!  Did you have to take of the protective strips under the passenger seat area?

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 08:36:19 AM »

I purchased the Danny Gray AirHawk Big Seat Solo. Looks great on the bike, but I'm just not sure if it's what I want for several days of long riding back to back. It's great that you can adjust the air pressure in the seat. So far the longest rides I have done is put back to back days of around 250 miles. The first day was getting a little uncomfortable towards the end, the second day got uncomfortable under 200 miles. I'm still playing with air adjustment on most rides, trying to see what works best. I still haven't decided if it's best to start low and pump up or start high and let out. One concern I had when buying this seat, it's a narrow seat at only about 13.5 inches. I think I probably like a wider seat. I was torn between this and a Mustang Vintage Super Solo Seat 17". I may have to try the Mustang and see if it suits me better.
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 05:03:14 PM »

That looks great!  Did you have to take of the protective strips under the passenger seat area?

No I didn't, the seat goes on over the strips which is a bonus, very impressed with this seat,the quality of stitching is unsurpassed!  :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 05:10:47 PM »

i been looking at the corbin (solo) with backrest. it is kind of pricey but is heated!! not pulled the trigger yet.

Yep... it is a bit of a game of Russian roulette with a Corbin ,as to wether it will fit or not!, (soz couldn't resist it) , mind you there excellent customer service will soon sort it out if it doesn't fit!! :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 12:55:11 AM »

I purchased the Danny Gray AirHawk Big Seat Solo. Looks great on the bike, but I'm just not sure if it's what I want for several days of long riding back to back. It's great that you can adjust the air pressure in the seat. So far the longest rides I have done is put back to back days of around 250 miles. The first day was getting a little uncomfortable towards the end, the second day got uncomfortable under 200 miles. I'm still playing with air adjustment on most rides, trying to see what works best. I still haven't decided if it's best to start low and pump up or start high and let out. One concern I had when buying this seat, it's a narrow seat at only about 13.5 inches. I think I probably like a wider seat. I was torn between this and a Mustang Vintage Super Solo Seat 17". I may have to try the Mustang and see if it suits me better.
I have had that seat for 35000 miles and I absolutely love it! did over 500 miles just today and I had no issues and I have never been able to do that on any other seat. I have had a couple of Corbins including one that I had custom rebuilt with high end foam and gel. I have always had issues with "monkey butt" and this is the only seat that has ever worked for me. Key is not to put in too much air just like the Air Hawk seat pad. Most people including me when I first got the seat put too much air in. Need to put just a little
Alan

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2015, 02:23:54 PM »

I'm liking the LePera seats!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 24 queries.