Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Who has changed the seat...and to what did you change to?  (Read 14341 times)

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
Re: Who has changed the seat...and to what did you change to?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 03:48:48 PM »

Corbin Classic Solo with Touring Pillion and two backrests and sissy pad - $1134.00 No more numbutt.

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 04:24:02 PM »

I spent thousands on seats on all my other non-harley bikes.

The Harley stock UltraClassic seat is the most comfortable I've owned.

My 2012 cvo sg has a nice looking three piece seat, sits ok.  I bought a Stock non-cvo SG seat for short rides, looks good.

But I bolt on the stock UltraClassic seat when I get serious, like back to back 750 mile days.

I have stock handlebars, and am big at 6'2"/260.
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 06:56:25 PM »

Had Corbin on my previous bike. Worked excellent for me. Upgraded my SG  CVO and now have 2015 bike. After the first 500 ml run it's clear I need a new seat. So again went with Corbin.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 08:17:48 PM »

I have had that seat for 35000 miles and I absolutely love it! did over 500 miles just today and I had no issues and I have never been able to do that on any other seat. I have had a couple of Corbins including one that I had custom rebuilt with high end foam and gel. I have always had issues with "monkey butt" and this is the only seat that has ever worked for me. Key is not to put in too much air just like the Air Hawk seat pad. Most people including me when I first got the seat put too much air in. Need to put just a little

::)
I'm hoping to experience the same results.  No longer have the need (nor desire) to travel 350-400 miles or more a day,  but still  want a comfortable seat for my butt.  Just recently got a Danny Gray Air Hawk and have yet to try it out on an extended (150-250) mile trip............but hope it works as I have heard.

In the past,  I've had a Corbin (hard and comfortable on short trips,  but will eat your azz alive after 400 miles on the way to the Milwaukee 100 year anniversary deal yrs ago. On the return trip,  I had purchased a gel pad (in Milwaukee) that did indeed save my azz for the return trip.   Since,  I've had a Mustang seat which had (great customer service) after a problem.............but still not as comfortable (long ride) as I'm hoping the D.G. will be. :nixweiss:

skorch

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHXSE gunship Gray
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 07:13:10 PM »

I am running Mustang wide vintage solo seat w/backrest-tried others but keep coming back to the mustang. Corbin was ok but priced too extreme. customer service at corbin is lame. my 2 cents

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 08:23:47 PM »

Went with the signature series. I love it. Went with the passenger seat as well.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 09:35:13 PM »

Corbin Classic Solo with Passenger Pillion, Rider Backrest and Passenger Backrest.  Red and Silver Flame Stiching.  Leather Seat and Vinyl Sides.  1500 miles in 24 hrs and no problems. (with my butt that is)

https://goo.gl/photos/T35SJxoaAYCTUpMC9

Click on the picture to make it bigger.

Cowboy
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 09:42:59 PM by CowboyBagger »
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

DALE#3

• SOFTAIL UPDATE
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2015, 08:09:46 PM »

The stock seat ain't that bad.Hate to spend 4-600 hundred on a.....Hope it's a improvement seat?? Found this C and C company.Asked them a few question's and returned my E-Mail promptly.
The seats are like masterpieces.You name it they make it.Very impressive.I may just have Gel installed in the WARDENS seat.
Check out their site.....WOW:
http://www.ccseats.com/GelPads.htm

KY-SESG

• Junior CVO Member
    • KY

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Sold
    • CVO3: 1997 FLSTS Sold; 1991 Sportster Sold
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2015, 07:05:16 PM »

I'm late to post on this thread, butt... :drummer: I've been riding.
I went with a Saddlemen Dominator, purchased through Revzilla. I did 12000 miles thes year, 8k on the stock seat, yuck. I had a C&C on my SERK. Loved the looks, a little hard on the backside though. Rode it across the country round trip. CnC held up well but killed me on the 750 mile days.

I did an 850 mile day followed by 450 miles the next on the way to Sturgis this year with the Saddlemen Dominatorand solo with backrest. The most comfortable seat I've ever had the pleasure to ride in 26 years. It looks like it was made for my Mercury SESG with the grey stitching and carbon fiber look.

Good luck with your choice!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:44:25 AM by KY-SESG »
Fullsac DX headers, Fullsac 2" cores w/ screens, TTS Master Tune, 117ci kit, 58mm TB, 259E Cams, high capacity oil pan, Topline Hylift Johnson b2313se lifters, Saddlemen Dominator solo seat, Yaffe 10" Monkeybars, Yaffe Stealth III plate mount, 10" FreedomShield, lower fairing Boom II speakers, Focal 570 bag speakers...

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2015, 08:29:35 PM »

Any chance of some pictures buddy,.? :
Ride free brothers!

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2015, 11:45:36 PM »

Any chance of some pictures buddy,.? :
Hey Wild Hog. How's that bike treating you? I am still loving mine, and enjoying Corbin. I picked up another set for mine and had them upholstered and double stitched with flames to compliment the flames on our bikes. Here are a few pictures. I just got them back last night and the rear seat is just placed on the back and not actually bolted down yet.

KY-SESG

• Junior CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 10:46:51 AM »

Another pic.
Fullsac DX headers, Fullsac 2" cores w/ screens, TTS Master Tune, 117ci kit, 58mm TB, 259E Cams, high capacity oil pan, Topline Hylift Johnson b2313se lifters, Saddlemen Dominator solo seat, Yaffe 10" Monkeybars, Yaffe Stealth III plate mount, 10" FreedomShield, lower fairing Boom II speakers, Focal 570 bag speakers...

KY-SESG

• Junior CVO Member
    • KY

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 10:51:23 AM »

Sorry, can't figure out how to add multiple attachments to one post.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 09:58:53 PM »

KY-SESG how tall are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 5'11 and like the seat but have read it is somewhat of a reduced height style, pushing the rider a bit forward? How do you feel in this compared to the stock seat, closer to the fairing, higher, lower?

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2015, 04:37:36 AM »

Sorry, can't figure out how to add multiple attachments to one post.

Thanks for the pickys  KY-SESG, looks good, I haven't seen much in the way of saddlemen seats,
And as you say with the stitching it looks kinda custom made, how does it compare to say a mustang, any pressure points to note off?, also looks like it is nicely rounded and scolopped  by the leg (like a Corbin I suppose ), I do think shape ie rounded and scolopped in the right places has just as much to do with comfort as the amount and type of padding in a seat.

For example I've had many mustang seats and think they are comfy for me, however they could be a whole lot better if they were to realise a mans and woman's butt are not flat!, so why are there seats flat? Now they would argue once you sit on the seat it moulds to your ass, ...not true what will actually happen is you will create a pressure point at the most rounded part of you butt and after an hour or so you will notice it,
Now I think shape as mentioned is just as important, other seats with less or firmer padding but with the correct shape and rounded slightly will actually support and spread the weight of your body evenly across it and you find you can ride a hell of a lot longer, that's why I think Corbin are popular they realise this and there seats do have shape to it and even though the padding is firmer the overall support is better...we've all sat on those  curved 1/4" plywood  office chairs and been surprised how comfy they are..why.? Because of shape and even support!
I wish mustang would note this I've had long chats with them but they won't change., I would love a Corbin however this side of the water I cannot chance it not fitting properly  on my 2015 Cvo  streety and you know what there customer service is like!

Didn't mean to rant on too much about this but thought these points are worth mentioning and should form part of everyone decision when choosing a seat. :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.271 seconds with 24 queries.