Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Who has changed the seat...and to what did you change to?  (Read 14373 times)

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
Re: Who has changed the seat...and to what did you change to?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2015, 04:57:45 AM »

Hello High on HD

That seat looks killer buddy, obviously your ass and Corbin have found a good bond together! :2vrolijk_21:
You are tempting me with all these pictures though!
, I've had a lot of seats however I don't mind buying them for a touring bike because I can always swap them from touring bike to touring bike ( as long as they don't change the fender like in 2009)
As for how am I liking my bike, well I think I will never not have a street glide Cvo, I am just loving it time and again, it's just a great and well balanced bike, not fully laden all the time like an limited, yet not too stripped down like a road king where I found I needed a few more "creature" comforts" wind protection, sat nav,gauges etc...
However I just bought a softail slim last month to add to my collection as a bit of a razzler on very short trips, it's great fun sure but not a patch on the street glide Cvo, I know you can't compare the two but it is testament to how far superior the touring chassis is for long haul comfort, and comfort when riding for me equals more enjoyment...yes my street glide Cvo is here to stay of course that is till they bring the 120s version out in i'd say model year 2017. :) :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2015, 12:15:17 PM »

I would love a Corbin however this side of the water I cannot chance it not fitting properly  on my 2015 Cvo  streety and you know what there customer service is like!

Didn't mean to rant on too much about this but thought these points are worth mentioning and should form part of everyone decision when choosing a seat. :2vrolijk_21:

That seat looks killer buddy, obviously your ass and Corbin have found a good bond together! :2vrolijk_21:

I hear you on their customer service, and those are good points regarding choosing seats. Thanks for the compliment on mine.
I also had a feeling you were digging your bike, and congrats on the other new bike. I was fortunate enough to get in 14k miles on mine this year using the old Corbin solo off of my 08 Street Glide. Even though it was made for the old frame, all I had to do was put a couple of washers under the front post and it fit fine. To get around the whole customer service problem I found a newish Solo on eBay, bid on it and got it for cheap. Then I took it to Texas Upholstery (locally) and they worked with me to come up with the design and I had them do all four pieces. You could consider doing something similar.

I will probably put my old 08 set on eBay and altogether I believe I will have exactly what I wanted, and for a good overall price.

BTW. Take care over on that "side of the water." Be Safe.

S.E.Chic

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Eagle has landed!
    • GA

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Inferno Orange
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2015, 07:14:58 PM »

Danny Gray Speed Cradle with Roberti Customs Screamin' Eagle added.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2015, 07:36:49 PM »

I hear you on their customer service, and those are good points regarding choosing seats. Thanks for the compliment on mine.
I also had a feeling you were digging your bike, and congrats on the other new bike. I was fortunate enough to get in 14k miles on mine this year using the old Corbin solo off of my 08 Street Glide. Even though it was made for the old frame, all I had to do was put a couple of washers under the front post and it fit fine. To get around the whole customer service problem I found a newish Solo on eBay, bid on it and got it for cheap. Then I took it to Texas Upholstery (locally) and they worked with me to come up with the design and I had them do all four pieces. You could consider doing something similar.

I will probably put my old 08 set on eBay and altogether I believe I will have exactly what I wanted, and for a good overall price.

BTW. Take care over on that "side of the water." Be Safe.

You do the same buddy :drink:

My softail slim, will  be riding  both till the buggers salt the roads in January . :)
Ride free brothers!

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2015, 07:06:28 PM »

I have to say that my 2011 CVO Streetglide stock seat is quite comfortable for myself and my wife.

I am 5'-8" 155 lbs and my wife is 5'-1" 105 lbs. We both have prett boney butts.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

KY-SESG

• Junior CVO Member
    • KY

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Sold
    • CVO3: 1997 FLSTS Sold; 1991 Sportster Sold
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2015, 09:02:24 PM »

KY-SESG how tall are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 5'11 and like the seat but have read it is somewhat of a reduced height style, pushing the rider a bit forward? How do you feel in this compared to the stock seat, closer to the fairing, higher, lower?
I'm 5'11" 190lbs. The SM is a little taller than stock. I didn't notice much difference in moving forward. They have figured out the US Cavalry saddle design of the 1800s made a lot of sense. Leave a channel in the middle to reduce pressure on your tailbone and other parts.  They combined that with modern materials like gel to make a great looking, durable and comfortable touring seat.
Fullsac DX headers, Fullsac 2" cores w/ screens, TTS Master Tune, 117ci kit, 58mm TB, 259E Cams, high capacity oil pan, Topline Hylift Johnson b2313se lifters, Saddlemen Dominator solo seat, Yaffe 10" Monkeybars, Yaffe Stealth III plate mount, 10" FreedomShield, lower fairing Boom II speakers, Focal 570 bag speakers...

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2015, 09:18:39 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I'm right their at just over 190 lbs, Hmmmm? Might give it a shot.

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 05:16:17 PM »

IMHO, the best thing to do is take your stock seat and have the padding redone to fit your particular need/ass.  Then it is truly custom to you and will have better cushion than stock.  I did it at Daytona rally and only cost me under $200. Bargain...
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

jsfenster110

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2015, 06:14:37 AM »

Wild Hog 4,

How does the comfort of the Le para compare to Mustang or other aftermarket quality seats?  How is long term comfort on a 400+ mile day?
Previous bikes: 2009 RK, 2010 Heritage, 2011 RKC, 2012 RGU,
2015 V-Rod, 2004 BMW K1200GT and 2016 SGCVO.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2015, 04:52:42 AM »

Ahh... well a tricky question! and one I'd love to keep simple, so I'll try !

In short the mustang for me for the longer trips ,however it's not without it disadvantages as it sits me higher and further forward ( a trade off for having more foam in the seat).
The le pera is a wee bit firmer but shaped better and sits me in a great position ( further back and lower ) but is still very comfy , and the looks of the le pera is unsurpassed,
So if I had to choose between the two, I would choose the le Pera as overall it ticks more boxes!!

Hope this helps!

one last thing to note, I have 3 mustang seats, 2 fit perfect however the super vintage touring seat I have does not fit the 2015 cvo streety as the nose of the seat is not scalloped enough to clear the thicker tank console, I've spoken to mustang in depth about this and they deny there is a problem, they kindly shipped another one over to me ,but that didn't fit either! So I can only use my sport touring seat now which fits perfectly!
Any one with this seat and bike year combination have this issue?
Ride free brothers!

jsfenster110

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2015, 09:15:55 AM »

Wild Hog 4,

Thanks for the post.

Is the Le Pera leather on the seating surface?  It is beautiful.  It looks better than the stock seat in the way it tapers in the back.

Comfort is good for 400 miles?

Thank you and Happy New Year!
Previous bikes: 2009 RK, 2010 Heritage, 2011 RKC, 2012 RGU,
2015 V-Rod, 2004 BMW K1200GT and 2016 SGCVO.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2015, 02:57:22 PM »

Jsfenster

The le pera is covered in black vinyl they call Naugahyde, a very nice looking material and resilient over time, ive done days days of 450+ no problem,the good thing with le pera is several of there seats are available in a standard version, an "up front" or "daddy long legs" version,together with custom stitching and material options and a superb friendly customer service!,
I'd recommend them to anyone!

Happy New Year to you too and indeed to all on this site  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2015, 06:48:43 PM »

Jsfenster

The le pera is covered in black vinyl they call Naugahyde, a very nice looking material and resilient over time, ive done days days of 450+ no problem,the good thing with le pera is several of there seats are available in a standard version, an "up front" or "daddy long legs" version,together with custom stitching and material options and a superb friendly customer service!,
I'd recommend them to anyone!

Happy New Year to you too and indeed to all on this site  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hey Wild Hog. Glad the Le pera worked out for you, and it is an awesome looking seat too. Nice to hear it is also comfy! Have a Happy New Year!

Gkup

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 Street Glide
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2016, 08:48:48 AM »

Hey Wild Hog is that LePera seat more comfortable than the original factory seat. I'm an old Guy(60) and really like the look of that seat, however the old back side needs some comfort on long trips too. How does it work with sitting your Tea Bag on it for long trips. It looks slanted on the passenger piece. Does your luggage ride OK?. Good looking bike by the way!!

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2016, 02:33:21 AM »

Hi Gkup

The back of this seat is tapered to flow into fender, as I don't carry pillions I choose this design, however  le pera have there  "maverick" and "Sorrento" seats which have a wider seating area for pillions, my luggage fits on my air wing rack no problem although you can balance luggage with a sassy bar on the pillion area if you wish , just that it's not as wide at the rear as some seats.....
Works for me though ! ::)
Ride free brothers!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.