Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help needed! Bars on new 16 Limited  (Read 2343 times)

milesw

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

Help needed! Bars on new 16 Limited
« on: May 21, 2016, 10:56:35 AM »

Hi all - I just purchased my new 16 CVO Limited and its a great bike - but...I am big guy 260Lbs, and 5'11 and found that I was far too close to the tank with the stock seat and even in that position, I didn't like the subtle reach for the bars too. The back rest that comes with the stock is set far too forward and non-adjustable, so to get comfy (I plan to do some very big rides), I need your help. The dealer has given me a lower and set further back seat to check out, which was better for a more comfortable height for the bars, but now my knees are too high as the boards are too high! So...here's my thinking: Get the stock seat recut to set me back 2 inches and fit and adjustable back rest - this way I keep the matching stitching and also the heated seat. The height on the stock, relative to the boards was fine - so that leaves me with the bars. All the HD sites say that there are no alternative bars for the 16 Limited - but on some forums I am being told to ignore this and order any recent fairing-compatible bars - but what I don't know is what size to give me the another 2 inch rise and 2 inch closer to the rider? I'd appreciate you collective advice - and thanks in advance!

Roadblock

• ZFFZ Zealots MC
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited Red/Black
    • CVO2: 2013 firefighter Roadking
Re: Help needed! Bars on new 16 Limited
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 01:24:37 AM »

I have the Paul yaffe 10" bars, and was able to use the stock cables
2016 CVO Limited Red/Black
11.5" Clockwerks tinted windshield
Yaffe 10" apes

milesw

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 09:13:40 AM »

Thanks!

GWN

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 11:00:38 AM »

I know the backrest is not the quick adjustable one, but it is adjustable. Remove the seat and move it back a hole or 2 (or 3) if thats what you need. As for bars, there are plenty of threads on here that will help you out. Use the search function for Sweepers 2+2, WO 578, or anything else you may think might work and a whole bunch of solutions for your situation will appear. It sure helped me. Happy hunting

GPS HD Dan

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO Ultra
    • CVO3: 2015 CVO Ltd
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 08:48:41 PM »

I changed my bars to Khrome Werks narrow sweepers, same width as stock but 2" rise and 2" pullback. I'm 6ft tall but have shorter arms and they are by far the best change I have made, I am able to sit straight up against the backrest(which is in 3rd hole) and am not reaching at all for the bars.

http://www.khromewerks.com/main.asp?uri=1029&pi=1277

Here is a photo to show a profile of them installed

milesw

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 09:18:14 PM »

Thanks all - just ordered the Khrome Works - did you get it to work with the heated grips? Thanks

GPS HD Dan

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO Ultra
    • CVO3: 2015 CVO Ltd
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 06:20:46 PM »

Yes heated grips work perfect and was able to use stock brake and clutch line. Had to add wire extension kit.

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited Gone
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Limited
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 08:34:14 AM »

Check out Mustang seats. had a similar problem with a 2014 bike. Mustang makes a seat that allows you to sit further back , I believe over an inch further back. Good seat and worked for me. i also went to a 10" mini ape bar from Wild One.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.