Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GLARE CORRECT APPLICATION PROCEEDURE FOR ALL PAINTED SURFACES AND CHROME, METALS  (Read 7430 times)

Glare

• Vendor
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

THE CORRECT GLARE APPLICATION PROCEEDURE!
GLARE WINNERS CIRCLE, AND OTHER KITS

1 Knock Out
2.Spider
3.Micro
4 Glare Pro Polish

In this order you will apply the products in the exact same fashion. Buff into the painted surface with a thick Micro Fiber Towel hook and loop design until the product disappears. Turn over the Towel and use the other side to wipe off the excess. Use a new Micro Fiber Towel with each of the products mentioned above. After you finished using the four products as described you will then go over a second coat only with the Glare Pro Polish. Rub in this time but not until the polish disappears. Let it dry to a haze! Do the whole vehicle without buffing the haze off. When you are finished with the vehicle at that time wait 30 min. then buff to a shine with a new Micro Fiber Towel. Do not get water on the Vehicle for 24 hours as it has to cure, and also do not ever put any other products over the Glare except a Glare product as the Glassplexin does not mix with Silicones, Waxes, and Polymers. Very important on this point. If you want to apply another coat of Glare you can do this without any problems to fill in new scratches. As you know when you drive any vehicle on the road the dirt from the highways will make new scratches so we suggest you put on a new coat of Glare every other month. You will not need to go over the 4 step ever again unless your paint got keyed or vandalized etc. You may e-mail me for a free GLARE Power point slide show. I will send it to you upon your request via e-mail attachement. Very interesting and helpful understanding why Glare Polish Products are so different. Remember to use the 15% off Discount code 15% off, for all GLARE products purchased at www.Glare.com on all orders of $60.00 or more ;D Here is the code again 5190CLM Thank you again for your patronage, well appreciated. God bless you all and ride safely!!
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:26:58 PM by Glare »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty

Down from the mountain come the Glare Commandments.

Thou shalt...

Thanks for sharing. Used your products last year for the first time and was very pleased with the results.

Gearheadfmc

• Full CVO Member

Glare....

Question. Any options to use a D/A -- like Porter Cable 7424 -- with foam pads (Lake County CCS)?  If so, what pads would be recommended for which products?  I have been using Pinnacle products...but can change if better results are expected.... 

Thanks,

Gearheadfmc
2011.5 FLHTCUSE6

1 Knock Out
2.Spider
3.Micro
4 Glare Pro Polish

In this order you will apply the products in the exact same fashion. Buff into the painted surface with a thick Micro Fiber Towel hook and loop design until the product disappears. Turn over the Towel and use the other side to wipe off the excess. Use a new Micro Fiber Towel with each of the products mentioned above. After you finished using the four products as described you will then go over a second coat only with the Glare Pro Polish. Rub in this time but not until the polish disappears. Let it dry to a haze! Do the whole vehicle without buffing the haze off. When you are finished with the vehicle at that time wait 30 min. then buff to a shine with a new Micro Fiber Towel. Do not get water on the Vehicle for 24 hours as it has to cure, and also do not ever put any other products over the Glare except a Glare product as the Glassplexin does not mix with Silicones, Waxes, and Polymers. Very important on this point. If you want to apply another coat of Glare you can do this without any problems to fill in new scratches. As you know when you drive any vehicle on the road the dirt from the highways will make new scratches so we suggest you put on a new coat of Glare every other month. You will not need to go over the 4 step ever again unless your paint got keyed or vandalized etc. You may e-mail me for a free GLARE Power point slide show. I will send it to you upon your request via e-mail attachement. Very interesting and helpful understanding why Glare Polish Products are so different. Remember to use the 15% off Discount code for all GLARE products purchased at www.Glare.com on all orders of $60.00 or more ;D Here is the code again 5190CLM Thank you again for your patronage, well appreciated. God bless you all and ride safely!!
Hope this helps.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

Down from the mountain come the Glare Commandments.

Thou shalt...

Thanks for sharing. Used your products last year for the first time and was very pleased with the results.

Just think how good my bikes are gonna look once I start applying this stuff in the correct order! :huepfenjump3: :drink: :huepfenlol2:

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Knock Out
2.Spider
3.Micro
4 Glare Pro Polish

In this order you will apply the products in the exact same fashion. Buff into the painted surface with a thick Micro Fiber Towel hook and loop design until the product disappears. Turn over the Towel and use the other side to wipe off the excess. Use a new Micro Fiber Towel with each of the products mentioned above. After you finished using the four products as described you will then go over a second coat only with the Glare Pro Polish. Rub in this time but not until the polish disappears. Let it dry to a haze! Do the whole vehicle without buffing the haze off. When you are finished with the vehicle at that time wait 30 min. then buff to a shine with a new Micro Fiber Towel. Do not get water on the Vehicle for 24 hours as it has to cure, and also do not ever put any other products over the Glare except a Glare product as the Glassplexin does not mix with Silicones, Waxes, and Polymers. Very important on this point. If you want to apply another coat of Glare you can do this without any problems to fill in new scratches. As you know when you drive any vehicle on the road the dirt from the highways will make new scratches so we suggest you put on a new coat of Glare every other month. You will not need to go over the 4 step ever again unless your paint got keyed or vandalized etc. You may e-mail me for a free GLARE Power point slide show. I will send it to you upon your request via e-mail attachement. Very interesting and helpful understanding why Glare Polish Products are so different. Remember to use the 15% off Discount code for all GLARE products purchased at www.Glare.com on all orders of $60.00 or more  Here is the code again 5190CLM Thank you again for your patronage, well appreciated. God bless you all and ride safely!!
Hope this helps.

Just finished looking at the power point Perry sent and it is great. It puts together some of the chemistry involved and starts to make sense. It appears that Glare doesn't "sand down" the scratches, it fills them in and bonds to the paint. Pretty interesting.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:48:28 PM by Indenial »
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

justplainjim

• Junior CVO Member

Is there a waiting period/curing time between products?
                                  Thanks..

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor

Does this stuff come off of rubber parts. Seems like I always end up with product on rubber or plastic parts. Then have to do twice as much work to get it off. I know the use of a brush is needed for seems between parts but if I'm sloppy (seem to always be) will it clean up easy. 

jamescode3

• CVO1: 2012 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUSE7 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide

Would you do this process for a new bike. If not what Glare products should I order to start with?

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

For a new bike, just use the polish twice and buff after the half hour cure.  For an older bike in nice shape without swirl marks, use the micropolish to prepare the surface, then polish twice to finish.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

D avidGraham

Could anyone summarize the best selection of Glare products to be set up for maintaining a new bike and if the Glare rep could help indicate the best combo to buy them (kit/set) even better.

Is it
pro-shine
Quick shine (for inbetween pro shine or is it an alternative?)
Sahara (for cleaning without water?)
Wash (with water)
Wheel? (needed for chrome wheels or will sahara do it?)
How about for chrome? Use shine above or something else?
Which cloths?
Anything else?

Forgive the basics but I'm new at this and would like to get started the best way.

Thanks!
2011 FLTRUSE (Rio Red)

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

email Perry from Glare and he will set you up. He knows his stuff and is very helpful He will give you a discount and it will cost about $75-$80 to get the 4 bottle kit. He also has the microfiber cloths if you need them.
glarepolish@aol.com

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2

There has been so much interest and discussion about Glare products that I guess I'll have to give it a try.  Thanks guys for finding me another way to spend $$$ on my bike.   ;D
Jesus is Lord

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I have to write all this stuff down for next time that I use my Glare products. Did anyone ever try to read the instructions on the container labels? Even with my cheaters its nearly impossible.

SMSgt B

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

1 Knock Out
2.Spider
3.Micro
4 Glare Pro Polish

In this order you will apply the products in the exact same fashion. Buff into the painted surface with a thick Micro Fiber Towel hook and loop design until the product disappears. Turn over the Towel and use the other side to wipe off the excess. Use a new Micro Fiber Towel with each of the products mentioned above. After you finished using the four products as described you will then go over a second coat only with the Glare Pro Polish. Rub in this time but not until the polish disappears. Let it dry to a haze! Do the whole vehicle without buffing the haze off. When you are finished with the vehicle at that time wait 30 min. then buff to a shine with a new Micro Fiber Towel. Do not get water on the Vehicle for 24 hours as it has to cure, and also do not ever put any other products over the Glare except a Glare product as the Glassplexin does not mix with Silicones, Waxes, and Polymers. Very important on this point. If you want to apply another coat of Glare you can do this without any problems to fill in new scratches. As you know when you drive any vehicle on the road the dirt from the highways will make new scratches so we suggest you put on a new coat of Glare every other month. You will not need to go over the 4 step ever again unless your paint got keyed or vandalized etc. You may e-mail me for a free GLARE Power point slide show. I will send it to you upon your request via e-mail attachement. Very interesting and helpful understanding why Glare Polish Products are so different. Remember to use the 15% off Discount code 15% off, for all GLARE products purchased at www.Glare.com on all orders of $60.00 or more ;D Here is the code again 5190CLM Thank you again for your patronage, well appreciated. God bless you all and ride safely!!
Hope this helps.

So if I use this stuff, am I suck with it forever now or is there a point in time I can use something else?  I was about to try it until I read that statement.

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 25 queries.