Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: wo575 throttle issue  (Read 4913 times)

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
wo575 throttle issue
« on: October 11, 2014, 01:14:35 PM »

My dealer just installed the WO575 handlebar  on my 2012 cvo flht  but I noticed the throttle is sticking at slow speeds or if I just want to lightly throttle at low speed. Took it back and they Re lubed what they could without having to take it apart. Service guy said sometimes the throttle by wire isn't a perfect fit and that could be the issue. Anyone encounter or have any ideas if that could be the issue?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:37:28 PM by Alremc »
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
Rhineharts 4 in Cans in black
TTS MasterTune

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: wo575 throttle issue
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 02:44:23 PM »

Just one experience, but I haven't had any problems with WO575s on my SEUC3 TBW. 
If you want peace, prepare for war.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 04:07:12 PM »

My dealer just installed the WO575 handlebar  on my 2012 cvo flht  but I noticed the throttle is sticking at slow speeds or if I just want to lightly throttle at low speed. Took it back and they Re lubed what they could without having to take it apart. Service guy said sometimes the throttle by wire isn't a perfect fit and that could be the issue. Anyone encounter or have any ideas if that could be the issue?

So if the "service guy" thinks it might be because the throttle sensor didn't fit the bar correctly, I wonder why they installed it anyway and gave it back to you with a sticking/binding throttle?  If the sensor was too tight a fit it would have been very easy to do a light reaming of the bar opening rather than just beating the sensor into the bar end, if that's what they did.

Tell this "service guy" it isn't your job to figure it out, it's his responsibility to get it right.  Period.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 04:37:50 PM »

It is not possible to lube the tbw sensor. It either works correctly or it does not. Have WO575s on my cuse7 and have helped two others install in their bikes. No fitment or tbw sensor issues. Your dealer needs to step up and fix this for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 10:10:50 AM »

Thanks all for the posts, Will be heading back to the dealer for another shot to get it fixed. For the short time I have  ridden the bike, I'm liking them WO575s!
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
TTS MasterTune

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 11:03:57 AM »

Thanks all for the posts, Will be heading back to the dealer for another shot to get it fixed. For the short time I have  ridden the bike, I'm liking them WO575s!
I have the WO575s on my '07 and on my '12.  Great bars imo.  They fit me well and they look great also.  Good luck in getting your throttle issue sorted.  BTW it is not uncommon for the twist grip sensor to fail.  It happened on my '12 during the first year I had it and the symptoms were similar - operation not smooth and did not want to go to full off position on its own - felt like it was sticking or hanging up.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 01:07:15 PM »

So another round with the dealer and another tech said that if the tbw sensor wasn't replaced when they replaced the bars that could be the problem. as I have very basic idea how the tbw works and if there are and  moving parts and as Ultrafxr seen this on his machine, I'm hoping that solve this. Keep you all posted when done.
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
TTS MasterTune

Springer Dan

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 01:34:08 PM »

My dealer insisted on replacing the twist grip sensor when installing 578s even though the bike was fairly new. Said that they had seen too many issues with them.

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 02:50:18 PM »

Replaced about 10 sets of handle bars never had to replace throttle sensor.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 03:52:28 PM »

Replaced about 10 sets of handle bars never had to replace throttle sensor.

:2vrolijk_21:     It's pretty simple.  Remove the old sensor with diligence and care, and then reinstall it to the new bars with proper diligence and care.  If the sensor worked fine before, it should work fine after.  If it worked fine before, and works like crap after, then the guy doing the bar change screwed up the sensor.  The part I really love is how they gave the OP's bike back to him either without checking the operation of the throttle at all, or just assumed he wouldn't know the difference.  As for any shop that just tells a customer he has to buy a new sensor every time they change his bars, that's BS.  What they are doing is having the customer pay for "insurance" against the tech screwing things up.  $115 extra just because the "tech" is ham fisted, in other words.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 09:59:40 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:     It's pretty simple.  Remove the old sensor with diligence and care, and then reinstall it to the new bars with proper diligence and care.  If the sensor worked fine before, it should work fine after.  If it worked fine before, and works like crap after, then the guy doing the bar change screwed up the sensor.  The part I really love is how they gave the OP's bike back to him either without checking the operation of the throttle at all, or just assumed he wouldn't know the difference.  As for any shop that just tells a customer he has to buy a new sensor every time they change his bars, that's BS.  What they are doing is having the customer pay for "insurance" against the tech screwing things up.  $115 extra just because the "tech" is ham fisted, in other words.

Jerry

Plenty of "techs" out there with that particular affliction....unfortunately..
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 12:14:04 PM »

Plenty of "techs" out there with that particular affliction....unfortunately..
Unfortunately I might have been one of the unfortunate with the tech with that affliction. After they fix this issue, I'll have to find another shop to handle my business as the expert service advisor initially told me that there was nothing wrong as he demonstrated to me. His demostration was grabbing a handful of throttle and fully opening twice! Yea dude, that is the way i ride every time, FULL OPEN THROTTLE! Now how about trying real life throttle and see where it sticks! yea, there you go!  >:(
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
TTS MasterTune

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 04:35:03 PM »

My dealer insisted on replacing the twist grip sensor when installing 578s even though the bike was fairly new. Said that they had seen too many issues with them.
BS. Another $tealer in action. Replaced 3 sets of bars without replacing twist grip sensor, and no problems. Jerry nailed it.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2014, 07:41:31 PM »

Well to close this thread out, the dealer replaced the TBW sensor and the throttle is now smooth as butter. They nailed me for the cost of the sensor and 1/2 of the time it took them to replace it. The saving grace was since they had the fairing off this time, i had them move the bars back toward me about 1/4 of an inch and that did the trick. They are fitting me just how I had hoped when i started this process. Thanks to all who commented on the subject!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:54:49 PM by Alremc »
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
TTS MasterTune

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 08:51:52 AM »

Thats great to hear.  I have same issue on my 13 thats has 576's on them just a little stick at beginning of problem
.  When it was in for last service they lubed it said that should fix it.  It didn't and I'm actually taking it down to have that and the heated grips fixed this am.  So good to know thats what it was. 
Thanks
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 25 queries.