Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Windshield  (Read 8002 times)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
Re: Windshield
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 06:54:52 PM »

Here's a pic of the smoked one...they come in various sizes, and are adjustable up and down via different mounting holes.  It also has a recurve on top.

Terry,
That one does look pretty sweet...

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 07:45:16 PM »

Helen...you might also want to check out WindVest...they make a nice, easily removeable windshield...that's what I'm leaning towards, as no relocating the turn signals is required.

http://www.windvest.com/products/products.html

Here's a pic of the smoked one...they come in various sizes, and are adjustable up and down via different mounting holes.  It also has a recurve on top.
Hey Terry, a added bonus (a big one, too) is that it looks great on the scooter.  If it works, that's the one for sure. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 09:52:09 AM »

Thank You   Terry    I just sent Dave the pic I have a b-day soon

Helen

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 02:46:25 PM »

Another windshield to think about...this guy gets the Windvest windshield and does the engraving on it, and it you want, has LED's that shine from the bottom up...

This thing is sick...he also does other models of HD's.. Heres the link to his site for some of the other engravings he does, or he will do custom artwork at no extra charge.

http://www.coolwindshields.com/
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 08:30:42 PM »

Does the glare from the lights distract the rider?  Have you installed the windvest yet?  Does it work for the rider?  I rode Sunday afternoon into the evening.  I turned around after six miles and came back to put on the windshield because it was so windy I felt like a drag-chute slowing down the bike.  I HATE THE LOOKS OF THE BIG WINDSHIELD ON THE V!!!  BUT you can't hardly ride long distances without it unless you want to be windburned and beat up from the ride.  I'm convinced the reason crotchrockets are designed to lay down and ride is to keep the rider from being blown off the bike!  In high winds, its all I can do to hold on to the V at speeds above 80mph.  Yet, I find myself riding faster because I want to hurry up and get home with the wind is throwing me around like a rag doll!  Not a good (safe) game plan!!!

I like the sport-shield.  I guess I could learn to ride the Vrod like a GXXR....
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 10:40:06 PM »

Does the glare from the lights distract the rider?  Have you installed the windvest yet?  Does it work for the rider?  I rode Sunday afternoon into the evening.  I turned around after six miles and came back to put on the windshield because it was so windy I felt like a drag-chute slowing down the bike.  I HATE THE LOOKS OF THE BIG WINDSHIELD ON THE V!!!  BUT you can't hardly ride long distances without it unless you want to be windburned and beat up from the ride.  I'm convinced the reason crotchrockets are designed to lay down and ride is to keep the rider from being blown off the bike!  In high winds, its all I can do to hold on to the V at speeds above 80mph.  Yet, I find myself riding faster because I want to hurry up and get home with the wind is throwing me around like a rag doll!  Not a good (safe) game plan!!!

I like the sport-shield.  I guess I could learn to ride the Vrod like a GXXR....

V...the etchings above don't light up unless it's parked...they don't recommend riding with it on.

I got my Windvest today and installed it, but it's supposed to rain tomorrow so won't get to test it.  It's a really nice shield...very thick, and the attachment chrome is excellent.  It has a recurve on the top edge.  It really fits the bike well.  Very well made.  I will post some pics by the weekend and give you a ride report.  It's not going to do anything for the hands, but appears to be pretty good protection for the chest and face.  No problem seeing over it.  The riding postion on the V does not lend itself to high speeds without something to block the wind a bit!!!

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 11:22:15 AM »

V...the etchings above don't light up unless it's parked...they don't recommend riding with it on.

I got my Windvest today and installed it, but it's supposed to rain tomorrow so won't get to test it.  It's a really nice shield...very thick, and the attachment chrome is excellent.  It has a recurve on the top edge.  It really fits the bike well.  Very well made.  I will post some pics by the weekend and give you a ride report.  It's not going to do anything for the hands, but appears to be pretty good protection for the chest and face.  No problem seeing over it.  The riding postion on the V does not lend itself to high speeds without something to block the wind a bit!!!

Rode the V in to work today...after the storms, we've got low 60's today and clear skies...the new Windvest helps significantly!!!  It ain't a Batwing, but for something as small as it is...very effective.  There's still a bit of air that gets under the front of it and comes up to your chin, but just a "breeze" and not a blast.  Airflow over the top is hitting the top of my full face HJC (my helmet of choice for the V)...what surprised me most is how much of the wind blast is gone from my shoulders and upper body with this little thing.  Definitly takes that "I'm about to be blown loose from the handlebars" feeling away.  I took a couple of pics this morning and will post them tonight.  BY FAR, the best looking windshield I've seen for the SEVROD.  A vast improvement in looks over any of the honkin' things HD offers for the V.  I'm certain that the full touring shield offered by HD is more protection, but this is a good compromise in my opinion.

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 07:38:44 PM »

As promised, here's the pics of the new Windvest...

Side view to see how well it flows with the lines of the front...

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 07:42:13 PM »

Second...from the front to see how it attaches...the lower piece bolts to the headlamp cover piece.  The whole thing takes about 5 minutes or less to put on...

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 07:43:33 PM »

another angle

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 07:46:22 PM »

Last one from the inside to show the other attachment points on the bracket....it's chrome plated billet and nicely machined/finished.  also shows the thickness of the shield material.

TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.