Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: CVO Ultra for a CVO Street Glide  (Read 4684 times)

Butcher27

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

CVO Ultra for a CVO Street Glide
« on: March 28, 2016, 12:56:50 PM »

Hello guys,
My first post but wanted to know what your thoughts are:
Contemplating trading my 2008 CVO Ultra for a 2012 CVO SG that I found online.
It would be a 5.5hr drive for me to ride out for the deal but the bike has 5,000 miles on it and by the looks of the pictures from the dealer it looks like it could be worth the ride. The SG is the Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon edition which looks very sweet. I've just been growing a little tired of my Ultra and not being able to take the pizza box on and off and just seems extremely heavy at times. I bought the bike thinking my wife would enjoy the seat much better than the small pads I've been providing her with over the years ...but she doesn't go that often and an SG I think would fit the bill. I also have an 07 Nightrain with a 110 that is tuned to 127hp at the rear wheel ...so that is my bar hopper with the guys, but I also like the comfort an SG would provide as well with plenty of punch. Also, what kind of price tag do you feel a 2012 with only 5,000 miles should hold ?

Thanks in advance
Butch

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

CVO Ultra for a CVO Street Glide
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 07:16:37 PM »

First rule is, if it's what you want, go for it.
Other considerations are 1. Not enough info. Is the SG bone stock? Modded? Tuned? Warranted?
Consider that your Tourpak can be made detachable in an afternoon. And *walla!* you've essentially got a SG, save for rear speakers.
Add the bag lids, seat and you're there.
Does you Ultra have a bunch of miles?
You just ready for a change? No problem.
More info needed to be really helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 07:20:16 PM by MrSurly »
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: CVO Ultra for a CVO Street Glide
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 07:29:54 PM »

You would get the newer frame.  And some other goodies.  I love the 12sesg3.  I just sold mine. .  To a friend.  I get to hang and ride with her anytime. . . Stuart

TEMECULA2

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 09:31:41 PM »

Stay with new Cvo ultra trading down will be worse thing you could. Trust me I know I just got a new 2016 CVO SG I still have my 09 Cvo ultra and had I been studying more I would got the Cvo ultra. In my opinion HD miss the mark on this one. They cheaper out meaning you pay a lot for the Cvo but they cut out so many standards such no bag liners no locking lids no heated grins to name a few. You will pay a lot for the Cvo name but minus the stuff that makes it standout as a Cvo. I would have rather got a 2016 Cvo ultra removed the tour pack for the price I paid for this CVO SG. My advice is do you home work first

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 10:04:27 PM »

Good advice Temecula (are you in Temecula?) however, I believe it's falling on deaf ears.  Butcher has not been back on since he posted the question.   :nixweiss:

By the way.....we've got several members on this forum up in Tememcula.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 10:50:16 PM »

Like the other wise ol' owls have said, you'd be tradin' down.  That never works.  Look at Brad Pitt!  LMAO!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Butcher27

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 12:34:33 PM »

Sorry for not acknowledging the responses sooner ...been out of town on business.
I ended up getting a 2012 CVO SG but not the Ruby Red version, I found a nicer one down in Jersey and traveled 5 hours to get her. Dark Slate & Black Diamond ...real sharp with the ghost flames. I got to take her out for a 100 mile rip this past Saturday and loved it. Full Rinehart exhaust w/race tuner ...nice sound and gets up and goes! Tried posting a picture but it would go through.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 01:05:33 AM »

You would get the newer frame.  And some other goodies.  I love the 12sesg3.  I just sold mine. .  To a friend.  I get to hang and ride with her anytime. . . Stuart

Tell me it ain't so Stu  ???  Why did you sell?
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 01:25:31 AM »

I had the bug for something new and different. . So now I'm on a rg.   :pepper:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 08:31:46 AM »

Sorry for not acknowledging the responses sooner ...been out of town on business.
I ended up getting a 2012 CVO SG but not the Ruby Red version, I found a nicer one down in Jersey and traveled 5 hours to get her. Dark Slate & Black Diamond ...real sharp with the ghost flames. I got to take her out for a 100 mile rip this past Saturday and loved it. Full Rinehart exhaust w/race tuner ...nice sound and gets up and goes! Tried posting a picture but it would go through.

With the newer SESG you got the newer frame and also the ABS brakes so that's a trade up, not down. :2vrolijk_21:

5 hour ride, one way is just a lunch ride.  :nixweiss:  By the way.....CVOHarley is on the net, right in your hotel room, when you're traveling.  :P

Congratulations on the new ride.  If you're riding by yourself most of the time and not doing many over nighters, you're probably going to enjoy the SG over the UC.   By the way, the Ultra Classic tour pack is referred to as the hat box.  The pizza box is the little thin tour pack....never seen one on an ultra classic and those things don't hold enough to make it worth their cost. :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:34:55 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Butcher27

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 12:28:44 PM »

With the newer SESG you got the newer frame and also the ABS brakes so that's a trade up, not down. :2vrolijk_21:

5 hour ride, one way is just a lunch ride.  :nixweiss:  By the way.....CVOHarley is on the net, right in your hotel room, when you're traveling.  :P

Congratulations on the new ride.  If you're riding by yourself most of the time and not doing many over nighters, you're probably going to enjoy the SG over the UC.   By the way, the Ultra Classic tour pack is referred to as the hat box.  The pizza box is the little thin tour pack....never seen one on an ultra classic and those things don't hold enough to make it worth their cost. :nixweiss:

Not sure if it's a east coast thing or not ...but we've always referred to them as pizza boxes. Maybe because from NY we prefer the Sicilian Style.  ;D

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 12:32:36 PM »

Not sure if it's a east coast thing or not ...but we've always referred to them as pizza boxes. Maybe because from NY we prefer the Sicilian Style.  ;D

Congrats on the SESG......Where in NY are you. I am on Long Island.

Mike

Butcher27

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 12:21:18 PM »

Congrats on the SESG......Where in NY are you. I am on Long Island.

Mike

North of the Syracuse area ...central NY

luc.who

• Senior CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Slate gray/Black
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 05:48:48 PM »

Congrats.. I love mine and the paint! Tuned it runs pretty good also.
2012 FLHXSE3 Slate Gray/ Diamond Black
Drago Heads & 580 Cams
118 HP and 125 TQ
Built & Tuned by Wide Open Cycles in Virginia
TTS Master Tuner
Fullsac DX Header
Rinehart 4inch slip ons

fredfoot

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 05:16:54 AM »

:worthless:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 25 queries.