Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Breakout saddlebags?  (Read 15590 times)

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

• CVO1: '13 CVO Breakout (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: '05 FXD
Breakout saddlebags?
« on: November 08, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »

Anyone planning on adding the Breakout saddlebags to their rides? Curious to see what the docking hardware would look like without the bags on...
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
Engine Guard with Slipstream Highway Pegs
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Re: Breakout saddlebags?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 09:35:34 PM »

From everything I have read about them, I think they are like the Leather Pro bags-two mounted pegs on the struts.

My wife had the Leather Pro bags on her Sporty and they went on/off in a flash, and it was a very clean look with them removed.
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »

Dang, they're list for almost $900 on the Harley Davidson website!!!!  Sounds a little pricey plus why would you want to cover up that beautiful wheel.   I will prolly go with an aftermarket bag that hangs off the sissy bar.
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 09:42:49 PM »

Dang, they're list for almost $900 on the Harley Davidson website!!!!  Sounds a little pricey plus why would you want to cover up that beautiful wheel.   I will prolly go with an aftermarket bag that hangs off the sissy bar.

The Leather Pros we had on our Sporty were about $850.....rigid leather bags with solid shell backplates are pretty expensive....fantastic quality though...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 09:34:04 PM »

No way I am putting saddle bags on this bike-wouldn't put them on my CVO springer either-just too much good stuff to cover up.  Will use a sissy bar and a bag when needed.

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 10:35:25 PM »

No way I am putting saddle bags on this bike-wouldn't put them on my CVO springer either-just too much good stuff to cover up.  Will use a sissy bar and a bag when needed.

Yea, I agree.  Although I do understand that some folks will want to travel with this bike and you have to do what you have to do.  The good thing is that the Harley bags pop off in seconds and only leaves a couple of "nub" mounting tips on the strut....not bad....

However, I did order the swingarm bag.  It's a distressed brown to closely match the seat and follows the lines of the bike really well.  I'm hoping it will provide just enough storage and not take away from the lines.

I have one on my V-Rod and it works very nicely....does not intrude on the sight-lines all that much...

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 10:08:55 AM »

That's my general thoughts too. Maybe if I can find a nice brown leather bag that I can use with the sissy bar.

Got mine picked up this weekend!  Will post pics soon!
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 07:22:51 PM »

I've got them on order. Will properly have them before my bike arrives.

I've ordered the crimson red Breakout so seeing the seat is brown I thought it is going to be hard to match the seat colour with aftermarket gear so I've stayed with the HD bags.

I don't intend to have them on all the time but once a month I ride out to work for a week. 1000km trip so need the room.
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 03:12:37 PM »

Got the phone call late yesterday that my bags are here... Now I wait for 2 or so months for a bike to put them on!

Will post some pics once I pick them up.
Cheers
Brett

G_Fend

• Full CVO Member
  • FXSBSE

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 04:19:55 PM »

Got the phone call late yesterday that my bags are here... Now I wait for 2 or so months for a bike to put them on!

Will post some pics once I pick them up.

I could break them in for you on my bike if you'd like!! :huepfenjump3:
2013 CVO Breakout FXSBSE
Crimson Red Sunglo
Quick Release Windshield
V&H Slash-cut Slip-ons

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 12:46:00 PM »

It's all part of the Harley master plan.

They get you to buy a CVO bike, but alas, it does not come with bags or a windshield. So you "purchase the bolt ons" from the catalog. These items serve you well around town and on weekend jaunts. But then comes the big GTG and you are on the road for days in a gypsy like manner. You are soon jealous of "The CVO Baggers" with their fairings, large saddlebags, and cavernous tourpacks. You stare in disbelief as the other CVO riders and their wives show up with several jackets, a weeks wear of clothes, bottles of champagne (I'm not naming anyone), tools, iPods, cameras, and their pets.

Upon your return home you go and buy a CVO Bagger. This is a proven formula as it has happened more than once (again,..I'm not naming names).

Like I said, it's all part of their master plan.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 08:03:29 PM »

Ironhorse sorry you are wrong mate. Never jealous of a Bagger! Nothing worse than following one and they have the tunes playing and you keep hear bits of music interrupt the sweets sounds of my pipes. I solve the worlds problems while blissfully in tune with the thump of the v-twin only to have it shattered by gusts of Queen at full tilt!

As for clothing once the fresh gear runs out you just start turn the old stuff inside out. Easy way to make 2 sets last a week... :P
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 04:29:29 AM by Bretto »
Cheers
Brett

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2012, 10:15:47 PM »

As for clothing once the fresh gear runs out you just start turn the old stuff inside out. Easy way to make 2 sets last a week... :P

Note to self: When riding with Bretto, make sure to be up wind from him at all times. This is critical after 7 days.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Dell boy

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 12:21:27 PM »

Z06 any chance of a pic with the side bag on the bike. Does it rub on that nice red paint on the swinging arm

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »

Z06 any chance of a pic with the side bag on the bike. Does it rub on that nice red paint on the swinging arm

Hey Dell,

Actually, i sent it back.  the bag was not brown, it was a light green!  looked terrible.  i can tell you they included two clear tape strips in the package to apply to the swingarms to avoid rubbing.

I am going to try a swingarm bag from www.leatherworksinc.com.  they have nice looking, distressed brown swingarm bag.  I have a black one of theirs on my V-Rod and it looks great and is of excellent quality....
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.