Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2001 blue/blue paint codes? Where can I get those to?  (Read 7590 times)

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

• CVO1: 2001 Sceamin eagle road glide (custom)
2001 blue/blue paint codes? Where can I get those to?
« on: July 14, 2015, 05:45:57 AM »

I am going to be touching up my original bag lids,  and what not.  the previous owner tried to paint the inner fairing and did an extremely chitty job,  so I am going to strip it and redo it correctly.  Thanks!
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Powered by gasoline and southern comfort!

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

Re: 2001 blue/blue paint codes? Where can I get those to?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 05:11:23 AM »

anyone have any information on this?
Mavericks RC
MFFM

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 11:03:40 AM »

Getting paint codes is a subject that gets brought up every couple of months and the general consensus is that Harley will NOT release the paint codes for CVO paint. Yet once and awhile someone gets a code and posts it.....I do not remember seeing one on the 2001 though.
Most people recommend taking a piece of the bike to a good paint supplier and let then scan it under an electronic scanner to get the formula for a match or just find a good quality painter and let them paint it.(several are members on this site.)
Harley dealers also sell a touch up paint set but not sure they go back to 2001 colors and that may help you go to a paint supplier and get the codes too if you use a set as a paint sample. Regardless the CVO paint is very expensive.

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 07:35:22 PM »

Ok, that's dumb on the MoCo's part,  whats the big deal if people want to repaint their bags and stuff that gets scuffed up over time.  Do you know the three names of the colors on my bike?  I think one is sinister blue,  but im not positive.
Mavericks RC
MFFM

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 12:45:09 PM »

I would have only a guess as to the policy of guarded paint codes but assume it's so they get your money to repaint or replace the tins and it also slows down anyone trying to take a stock Harley and  making a counterfeit CVO bike. It also helps build the mystique of "hard to get CVO".
The Harley official website used to have a history of CVO bike section listing colors and more info....

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/cvo.html

Click on link that says CVO by year for more info but it looks like 1,750 Approx.. CVO Roadglides were made in 2001 and the blue colors are listed as:
Sinister Blue Pearl
Diamond Ice
States Blue Pearl
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 12:53:36 PM by VaEagle »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »

See if you can work with these.  Codes are Color Rite.

States Blue 6063
Diamond Ice 6287
Sinister Blue 6276

Accurate to the best of my old records.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 11:30:14 PM »

See if you can work with these.  Codes are Color Rite.

States Blue 6063
Diamond Ice 6287
Sinister Blue 6276

Accurate to the best of my old records.
pool boy releasing paint codes now?? how many pools does that boy clean. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :nixweiss: just kidding I know your info is reliable :2vrolijk_21:

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 05:48:43 AM »

Two lane,  You rule brother!   I never did get that derby cover I was talking about to you.  I missed the auction deadline.   totally pissed about that one too.   If you ever see another come up,  let me know ASAP.   I can sell my screamin eagle 103 cover then!   And if there are any other 1550 related goodies you know of,  let me know about those too!
Mavericks RC
MFFM

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 10:54:13 AM »

Two lane,  You rule brother!   I never did get that derby cover I was talking about to you.  I missed the auction deadline.   totally pissed about that one too.   If you ever see another come up,  let me know ASAP.   I can sell my screamin eagle 103 cover then!   And if there are any other 1550 related goodies you know of,  let me know about those too!

If memory serves there's pearl in at least two of those colors.  So a good match is as much painter as paint.  But hopefully those codes will at least be a good starting point.

kojack

• gearhead!
  • Senior CVO Member
    • NL

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 05:59:47 AM »

Hmmmm,  there is none on my bike now.  My paint looks pretty "flat".   Damn,  what to do?  just do it with the colors,  or add a bit of something to it.  I have been thinking,  that my bike has so much done to it,  its not going to ever be valuable going forward.   The stock heads are gone, the stock exhaust,  the stock front fender, the stock lowers and tour pack are missing as well.  So,  maybe I will go with my original plan and give the stock paint some "pop" with flake and or pearl.  I have to talk to puzzled about his 01 he had.   I want to give mine a similar treatment.  I need to keep the backrest mounts in it tho.  I can swap seats from single /  double then.  I found a place online that is going to sticth me a seat cover using alligator skin in the center died blue.  should look pretty good. 
Mavericks RC
MFFM