Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Got my V&H Hi-Output Slip Ons this evening.... Install help???  (Read 6605 times)

CVOBros2

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE SESG Tequila Sunrise
Re: Got my V&H Hi-Output Slip Ons this evening.... Install help???
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »

Hi Mike,

I have attached a pdf of the instructions. Only tips I think of, is that the front pipe heat shields tuck inside the V&H slip-ons and to make sure the clamps are gripping the pipes tight (try twisting the ends to make sure they don't move).

Cheers,

Kev

I installed my slip-ons tonight.  I couldn't get the front (stock) heat shield to tuck inside the right slip-on.  I did on the left side thought, I loosened the allen bolts on the "cone" at the front of the slip-ons and got the left side heat shield to go inside the cone.  Right side I just couldn't get that way.  Also left slip-on the Logo is top-dead-center and the right one is slightly off center toward the right side bag, not far off, only a few degrees but not TDC like the left side.   :nixweiss: 

I do like the sound though, low deep rumble, louder but not too loud.  Still hear the stereo but can hear the bike now for sure.

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 11:24:50 AM »

I'm still working with Vance and Hines. 

The SO's are made at the Indianapolis race division, not the California.  They Indy guys think I have the SO's with the wrong style mounting brackets, that could allow the SO to back off the head pipe.  My logos were TDC, but the V&H site doesn't show them that way if I remember right.

V&H in California is sending me a new crossover pipe and heatshield since my pipes are all pinched.

Classic45

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 08:47:10 AM »

Got my pipes on without any problems.
2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
2005 FLHRC Road King Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2010 FLHXE
2013 FLTRXSE2

Iron Butt Association Membership Number: 38579

mcriderone

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 01:28:47 PM »

i have the same problem,had to fix it the old fashion way,beer can shim,will put 200 miles on it and see what happens,also noted that the kickstand side sticks out a 1/4 in more when seated.

eismcc

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2010, 04:05:47 PM »

I'm using the HO slip ons with the power duals. My left pipe always gets dark with carbon and hot after riding alot. I've seen this problem in pics on several other threads and always with the HO slip ons. Are any of you having the same problem?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:23:21 PM by eismcc »

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 10:13:44 PM »

I have the same problem with the left side muffler, not sure what the reason for it is, thinking it may have something to do with the crossover pipe running under the frame, maybe retaining moisture not sure.  :nixweiss:
Hawg
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 24 queries.