Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: HD website says "NO" to XM, NIM, CB, and BAMI on SESG2  (Read 7128 times)

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
Re: HD website says "NO" to XM, NIM, CB, and BAMI on SESG2
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 06:46:20 AM »

^^

Agreed Carl.

In my case (for rear pods) I'll need to have the NUOH anyway so getting the SE Road Glide Ultra harness just saves the headache of de-pinning/re-pinning the iPod connections and wiring in the NIM. Plus, it provides for CB connections if I want to add that in the future (doubt it but you never know). Been my experience it is always better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it  :)

TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 06:11:00 AM »

I will say when I initially started looking into adding a CB, I was posting with Native Texan and a few others regarding this...It left me more than concerned that I wouldn't be able to complete this task. However, I left my 11FLHXSE2 with the dealership when I deployed (still deployed at the moment), printed the string for my mech, and they assured me that they would make it work. Sure enough, according to them, they have completed the install and run it through it's paces successfully. I haven't had the chance to question them on their fix, but will find out once I get eyes on. So perhaps the workaround is the aforementioned addition. I am surprised as well that there is such a desparity of difference between information sources.
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 12:41:43 PM »

Not going to say that all the posts about xm are not true , but I just got my 2011 flhxse2 and Marvin @ proteam hd in Lawton Ok, put the xm module on my bike right on top(velcro) of the ipod module and said it was no big deal at all. It fits fine, works fine and has no problems whatsoever. Call him if you are having trouble and I am sure he will walk you right through it. He got the proper parts and how to directly from a guy he knows at the factory to fix the missing plug issue and said it was a piece of cake and didn't even take long to do. CD

Since there are no electronics (i.e. resistors, capacitors, etc.) involved, just wiring/connectors, it's not rocket science to connect the various accessories to the HK head unit provided there is room for the modules; and, for simple accessories like NIM and XM, not using the the non-Ultra overlay harness makes sense and it's what Marvin used as shown below.  For CB, with not only the module to connect, but also PTT/Squelch, rider headset, etc., the NUOH is more convenient and the 6B connector added to the SESG2 fairing/interconnect harness is an easy way to use the NUOH like other non-Ultra touring models.  DOC.COFFIN:  Hope you can share what the dealership did on your bike.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j260/harleypingman/2011%20Wiring%20Diagrams/XMonSESG20001.jpg[/img]]
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j260/harleypingman/2011%20Wiring%20Diagrams/XMonSESG20002.jpg[/img]]
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 24 queries.