Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley-Davidson to go direct in Canada  (Read 2647 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Harley-Davidson to go direct in Canada
« on: February 27, 2015, 08:33:31 AM »

Time will tell what this will mean for Canadians.   :nixweiss:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1494029/harley-davidson-plans-direct-distribution-to-independent-dealers-in-canada

Deeley Imports (Harley-Davidson Canada) have done a marvellous job building a strong dealer network all across Canada since the early 70's, and I believe they will be missed.  I trust we can count on the same quality service we've come accustom to for so many years.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 08:40:06 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
Re: Harley-Davidson to go direct in Canada
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 08:48:53 AM »

Maybe you will see a decrease in pricing. No wait this is HD, they might be figuring they can get a bigger slice of the pie.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 08:53:39 AM »

After reading all the posts over the years from our northern neighbors bashing Deeley, I would think many would view this favorably.  However, never forget what company you're talking about.  Once Harley takes over the distribution in Canada, be prepared for more of the heavy handed crap and profiteering we see in the USA.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 12:41:45 PM »

I believe, for rectal preservation purposes, that my yearly shopping trip 'across the line' will still need to continue!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

FLH91

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLSTNSE
    • CVO3: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 02:29:31 PM »

The only opportunity I had to deal with Deely's was during last years Western Region HOG rally.  I have to say they were great!  My wife's bike had the bearings go out on the main shaft during our 11,000 mile ride.  They got her bike right in, gave us a rental (free) and our ESP paid for our lodging the whole time while at the rally in Squamish.  After the rally, and winning half of the bike games, we picked up her bike, dropped off the rental, and everything was perfect.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 03:31:41 PM »

The only opportunity I had to deal with Deely's was during last years Western Region HOG rally.  I have to say they were great!  My wife's bike had the bearings go out on the main shaft during our 11,000 mile ride.  They got her bike right in, gave us a rental (free) and our ESP paid for our lodging the whole time while at the rally in Squamish.  After the rally, and winning half of the bike games, we picked up her bike, dropped off the rental, and everything was perfect.

That would have been the Deeley dealership...not Deeley Imports....Two very different entities!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 06:46:20 PM »

After reading all the posts over the years from our northern neighbors bashing Deeley, I would think many would view this favorably.  However, never forget what company you're talking about.  Once Harley takes over the distribution in Canada, be prepared for more of the heavy handed crap and profiteering we see in the USA.

Jerry
Duly noted Jerry :2vrolijk_21:, but I am hopeful that this new situation for your neighbors from the north will mean, that we will now only have "one" devil to deal with when fighting for our satisfaction, when problems arise.

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 10:30:26 AM »

I believe, for rectal preservation purposes, that my yearly shopping trip 'across the line' will still need to continue!

X2.

There are 4 dealers to choose from within a 1 1/2 to 2 hour ride from Toronto to Buffalo. Even with the exchange of the higher U.S. buck its still worth it. The 4 dealers are competing for your dollar. Somehow I don't believe this will happen north of the boarder.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.