Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Retirement Don't Work  (Read 3701 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Retirement Don't Work
« on: March 05, 2015, 04:02:03 PM »

Yea, OK I was wrong. Not having a job is great for 7 months out of the year........ride, ride, ride and then drink a little brew. But, for those who are thinking about it, the 5 months of winter suck. So, I had a little idea to help pass the time and maybe put a little coin in the scooter piggy bank. Will see how it works.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: Retirement Don't Work
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 05:15:29 PM »

Careful Jimmy, I see possible full time work from that venture. Then there goes your riding time!  :o

Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 05:39:25 PM »

My biggest challenge since retiring last May is overcoming the looks I get from my wife when she overhears me telling my friends about my trip plans.  She still works and is starting to not see the humor in my new earned freedom.  :coolblue:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 06:43:32 PM »

Yea, OK I was wrong. Not having a job is great for 7 months out of the year........ride, ride, ride and then drink a little brew. But, for those who are thinking about it, the 5 months of winter suck. So, I had a little idea to help pass the time and maybe put a little coin in the scooter piggy bank. Will see how it works.

I'm not one to say I told you so otherwise I'd tell you I told you so! What kinda motors are we talking about? Or should I wait until my customary(!) ride to NC this summer?

FreestateSE3

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE Convertible
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 07:38:49 PM »

My biggest challenge since retiring last May is overcoming the looks I get from my wife when she overhears me telling my friends about my trip plans.  She still works and is starting to not see the humor in my new earned freedom.  :coolblue:

My wife and I are the opposite- she is not amused that I'm still working, and interfering with her trip plans...
Don
Rolling Thunder, Inc.
Virginia Chapter 1
"Never Again"

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 08:14:21 PM »

My wife retired June 2014 at age 59
I retire June 2015 at age 60.
We have our health, common friends and separate friends - WE ARE READY FOR THE RETIREMENT LIFE!!!!

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 08:33:03 PM »

Congrats HGuy You're almost there.  My wife has been retired for 5 years and I'm thinking seriously about going at end of Dec.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 09:01:05 PM »

Maybe you could visit some friends that live in areas that claim not to have "winter" like Arizona or southern California for those months  :nixweiss:

I've only got 8 years and 11 months until my target retirement date....at least my retirement from full time employment, the current plan has me finding something to get me out of the house on a part time basis - that way I wont make my wife crazy, and it'll give me some gas money for the bikes  ;D
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 09:20:46 PM »

I heard retirement was wayyyy overrated, so I plan to work until I the good Lord comes for me.  :bananarock:
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 01:09:05 AM »

I heard retirement was wayyyy overrated, so I plan to work until I the good Lord comes for me.  :bananarock:
X2!
Alan

SanJuanRon

• Full CVO Member
  • Way Up High In The Mountains and Down By The Sea!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2015, 01:19:16 AM »

That's why you need to spend winter in the warm weather when you retire.  12 months of riding!  SJ Ron :)
2011.5 FLHTCUSE6, Candy Cobalt & Twilight Blue, HCC 14" Apes, V&H 2:1 Pro Pipe Chrome, Stage 1
2009 FLSTN, Tango Orange, Carlini 17" Flying Apes & High Roller Risers/Air Cover, V&H True Dual Pipes/Fishtails, LePera Seat, Stage 1, Chromed
2005 FLSTCI, Vivid Black, Wild 1 18" Psycho Apes, V&H Big Shot Long Pipes, LePera Seat, Stage 1, Chromed, 21/18 Sinister Wheels

ultrarider123

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 07:13:42 AM »

I'm with Cam on asking what kind of motors, Jimmy?  Good luck with this venture and hope it keeps ya busy.

As for retirement, I've got quite a few years to go.... ;D

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 07:28:02 AM »

I'm with Cam on asking what kind of motors, Jimmy?  Good luck with this venture and hope it keeps ya busy.

As for retirement, I've got quite a few years to go.... ;D

Gonna dabble with selling a few cars. Mainly to protect what little I have, want to make enough to pay the expenses. I've got 5 granyoungins. The oldest just got her 1st car and the youngest is 11.....stepingstones. Not knocking car dealers as they have alot of overhead, but most vehicles are 1k to 5k over what you have to pay at a dealers only sale. Just trying to survive.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2015, 07:55:31 AM »

Maybe you could visit some friends that live in areas that claim not to have "winter" like Arizona or southern California for those months  :nixweiss:

I've only got 8 years and 11 months until my target retirement date....at least my retirement from full time employment, the current plan has me finding something to get me out of the house on a part time basis - that way I wont make my wife crazy, and it'll give me some gas money for the bikes  ;D

I like a man with a plan. The earliest I can retire is in 4 yrs 3 months.
Hoping that riding motorcycles and playing poker will keep me interested.
If not, I might have to help Jimmy sell cars.

DH

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 08:00:06 AM »

:-\
I lived in Raleigh for 20 years,  one of my streetrod buddys had a similar gig.   He was a retired body shop guy and could handle all the dings and bent fenders and paint work.  His partner in crime had a Dealers license and was pretty handy at mechanical work. 
They would hit the auto auctions and pick up a car or two and one would handle the dings/paint if necessary and the other any tuneup work required and then a quick sale and split the profits. :drink:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.