Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: A quick overnight ride....1169 miles.  (Read 8393 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
A quick overnight ride....1169 miles.
« on: February 06, 2015, 10:51:44 AM »

I left Coronado on Wed. at about 12:30pm and jetted up I-5 to Sacramento.  I had to pick up a few things so I took the Bushtec....rolled in about 8:50pm.

Called Jim over at Metal Dragon to see if he could squeeze me in for a 20k service.  Nor Cal (and So Cal), it's been raining up that way and so business at Metal Dragon is off.  If you're in need of service or mods and don't want to wait...now is the time to get your bike over to Jim!  I left Sacramento yesterday, Thur. morning at 7am and was at Jim's in Hayward at 8:30am. 

Jim jumped right on my bike....R&R all the fluids, adj. my highway pegs and the rest of the 20k service.  Don and Andy both rode in and we went for a ride.  Don led the way over some goat trail road on my bike and I rode his.  He was wondering what it's like to pull a trailer.  He was having way to much fun in those twisties...made me nervous. :nervous:  As usual, Jim did an awesome job on the motor rebuild on Don's bike.  It reminded me so much of my old 10 SESG.....set up stiff for handling and very torque.  But the back pain came quickly and that confirmed for me.....it was the way I had my bike set up that caused a lot of my back problems.  Stiff suspension, Corbin seat (no cushion) combine for a rough ride compared to the Ultra Classic. 

We stopped in Lathrop for lunch before heading on in to Stockton.  Destination was the Bank of Stockton where I refinanced my bike for the lowest interest rate I've heard of, 2.59%. 
That alone made it worth the trip!

The three of us headed out of Stockton and rode south on I-5.  We parted ways in Tracy where those two headed back for the bay area and I continued south to Coronado.  Pulled in at 10:15pm last night with 1169 miles on the clock in 33 hrs. and 45 min.   And the only back issues I had the entire trip was the thirty minutes that I spent on Don's Road Glide.  I have to say that I'm both surprised and greatful that I'm able to put down these kind of miles with almost no pain at all.  It's been a lot of years since I rode pain free and I'm really enjoying it.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
Re: A quick overnight ride....1169 miles.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 01:01:12 PM »

Sounds like an interesting day JC... Thanks for posting.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 01:32:00 PM »

Sounds like a great trip especially this time of the year! And great financing too! 

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 01:39:11 PM »

We split off outside of Tracy at 3:05. Google maps from Tracy to San Diego states 443 mi, 6 hours 37 mins.  Taking 7 hours while getting gas, food, bathroom breaks and in the dark pulling a loaded trailer through the Los Angeles area is pretty good.

Been in SoCal a little over a year and calling our NorCal roads with a few climbing twists and turns a goat trail. Two years ago you were complaining that it was too straight. 

It's always good to see everybody and get to ride.

Get that 10 pound wallet out of your back pocket before you totally mess your body up.

See you in a couple of weeks.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 03:17:37 PM »

It's been a lot of years since I rode pain free and I'm really enjoying it.  :2vrolijk_21:

Show us a side picture of the bike.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 04:06:11 PM »

Jim workin his magic.....
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 04:08:08 PM »

Ooooppppsss.....side view.

West Coast GTG   

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 04:12:28 PM »

I left Coronado on Wed. at about 12:30pm and jetted up I-5 to Sacramento.  I had to pick up a few things so I took the Bushtec....rolled in about 8:50pm.

Called Jim over at Metal Dragon to see if he could squeeze me in for a 20k service.  Nor Cal (and So Cal), it's been raining up that way and so business at Metal Dragon is off.  If you're in need of service or mods and don't want to wait...now is the time to get your bike over to Jim!  I left Sacramento yesterday, Thur. morning at 7am and was at Jim's in Hayward at 8:30am. 

Jim jumped right on my bike....R&R all the fluids, adj. my highway pegs and the rest of the 20k service.  Don and Andy both rode in and we went for a ride.  Don led the way over some goat trail road on my bike and I rode his.  He was wondering what it's like to pull a trailer.  He was having way to much fun in those twisties...made me nervous. :nervous:  As usual, Jim did an awesome job on the motor rebuild on Don's bike.  It reminded me so much of my old 10 SESG.....set up stiff for handling and very torque.  But the back pain came quickly and that confirmed for me.....it was the way I had my bike set up that caused a lot of my back problems.  Stiff suspension, Corbin seat (no cushion) combine for a rough ride compared to the Ultra Classic. 

We stopped in Lathrop for lunch before heading on in to Stockton.  Destination was the Bank of Stockton where I refinanced my bike for the lowest interest rate I've heard of, 2.59%. 
That alone made it worth the trip!

The three of us headed out of Stockton and rode south on I-5.  We parted ways in Tracy where those two headed back for the bay area and I continued south to Coronado.  Pulled in at 10:15pm last night with 1169 miles on the clock in 33 hrs. and 45 min.   And the only back issues I had the entire trip was the thirty minutes that I spent on Don's Road Glide.  I have to say that I'm both surprised and greatful that I'm able to put down these kind of miles with almost no pain at all.  It's been a lot of years since I rode pain free and I'm really enjoying it.  :2vrolijk_21:
Aha! I guess my thinking was correct. Sounds like you had a great trip. I'm glad you can ride again without huge pain.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 04:46:50 PM »

Any ride is great.....a ride with friends is just super great!!!! :orange:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 06:57:12 PM »

Any ride is great.....a ride with friends is just super great!!!! :orange:

Ain't that the truth... :bananarock:

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 07:16:19 PM »

for somebody who quit ridin you shore doin a lota ridin :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: enjoy :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 08:35:27 PM »

for somebody who quit ridin you shore doin a lota ridin :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: enjoy :2vrolijk_21:

Gotta make up for lost ground.  :P

West Coast GTG   

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 09:04:43 PM »

You just missed a big storm up here

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 09:30:09 PM »

Nice ride!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 09:37:17 PM »

You just missed a big storm up here

Yep, originally my trip was planned for Fri, Sat & Sun.  But when I saw the forecast of 2 1/2" of rain for San Francisco....I had to move it up to mid week.

We have another ride planned for next weekend, down here in So Cal and a ride to Ensenada, Mexico the weekend after that.  I'll try to remember to take my camera on these rides.

West Coast GTG   
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 25 queries.