Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Installing Driver Floorboard Spacers on my 2015 RGU  (Read 2831 times)

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
Installing Driver Floorboard Spacers on my 2015 RGU
« on: June 27, 2015, 07:57:02 PM »

I've installed driver floorboard spacers on my last 3 touring bikes, so it was a no-brainer to pick up a set from Kuryakyn for my RGU.  I've bought Kury's before so I didn't have a problem buying them again this time.  They are robust and I have no worries about a part failure with them.

I believe they retail for $39.95, but I paid $33 and change delivered, so I thought I did well.

Installation is a snap unless you get a kit that's been on their shelves for a while, which I did.  Mine came with a total of 6 replacement bolts (when only 4 are needed), and some screwball instructions for CVO owners about installing the bolts from the inside of the frame, which would necessitate engine removal!  I wrote Kuryakyn customer support and told them thanks for the extra bolts, but would they kindly purge their system of the old instructions.  They sent me a PDF of their "newer" instructions, but they were still incorrect, so I let them know that again.  I never heard back from them.  I suppose my email ended up in their "pest" collection.

Anyway, in about 20+ minutes you can easily have these spacers installed with a few simple tools, and if you've never put a set I need to tell you that they make several positive changes for the driver: 
First, your boot and lower leg are moved out 3/4" more into the slipstream and away from the very hot engine and exhaust. 
Second, your legs/feet are now able to spread apart a total of 1-1/2 inches more than before.  This may not sound like much but it does provide for a much more comfortable stance while riding. 
Lastly, you now have a little more room to maneuver a large boot around those shifter or brake levers.

As far as new bike ergonomic changes, this is one of the first and least expensive changes I like to make.  It's also one of the most helpful and comfortable for the little money you'll shell out for the kit.

Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Installing Driver Floorboard Spacers on my 2015 RGU
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 10:21:48 PM »

These been around for along time, had them on my '01 RK, never bought Kurakyn but several manuf have them. One of the site vendors here has them but name fails me at this time.

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited Gone
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Limited
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 01:31:37 PM »

I'm told these will not work on my 16 CVO Limited due to the Air Flow floorboards on this model. Do you know differently? Love to get the boards out to give me a bit more room etc.

Thanks

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 02:25:48 PM »

I'm told these will not work on my 16 CVO Limited due to the Air Flow floorboards on this model. Do you know differently? Love to get the boards out to give me a bit more room etc.

Thanks

I'd call Kuryakyn and find out from them. 
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

Mickle

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Gold Rush CVO FLHTKSE, sold.
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Anniversary FLHTKSE
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 10:33:33 PM »

Thanks

They worked fine on my 2015 CVO Limited.

WKC2019

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 11:13:48 PM »

Thanks

They fit without issue on my 16 SESG

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 03:52:53 PM »

The CVO floorboards are nice but the old stockers seem larger so more wiggle room for your feet. I installed the spacers as well and have been very happy with them. If I want to hit the curves a little hotter I tend to push the bike away instead of leaning to hard and worry about hitting. POM for me. Especially after Jonga's mishap. Good thing he landed on his feet. To bad the bike wasn't as lucky.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.