Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legends Air Ride  (Read 4413 times)

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
Legends Air Ride
« on: December 13, 2015, 12:04:35 AM »

Have a Legends Air Ride system.  I think I have a leak as I raise suspension and it falls after some period of less than a few hours.  Anyone familiar with what I should do or check?
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: Legends Air Ride
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 07:56:29 AM »

Leak is most likely at a air line connection. Mix a water/liquid soap solution in a spray bottle and wet it down.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 10:22:06 AM »

Until you get it figured out you might get in the habit of dropping it down letting all the air out when you park it for the night. Mine kept setting off the alarm at a hotel in the middle of the night as it let go of the last bit of air. I thought somebody was bumping into my bike for awhile. 

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 11:16:20 AM »

Mine ended up being a leaky valve. Got to the point it wouldn't stay up at all one day.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 01:16:15 PM »

Have a Legends Air Ride system.  I think I have a leak as I raise suspension and it falls after some period of less than a few hours.  Anyone familiar with what I should do or check?

I installed my Legend Air Suspension in 2007 and still use the system on my bike.  About 3 years ago, my shocks would fully drop if my bike sat for more than 4 or 5 days.  I found no air leaks in the tubing or at the connections, so I assumed the leak to either be in the shocks or the compressor.  That winter, I took the shocks off and sent them to Legend to have them inspected and rebuilt/replaced as necessary.  Legend rebuilt the shocks and shipped them back to me - at no cost!  They were 5 years old at the time...  Can't ask for much more than that for great service...

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 03:13:35 PM »

I installed my Legend Air Suspension in 2007 and still use the system on my bike.  About 3 years ago, my shocks would fully drop if my bike sat for more than 4 or 5 days.  I found no air leaks in the tubing or at the connections, so I assumed the leak to either be in the shocks or the compressor.  That winter, I took the shocks off and sent them to Legend to have them inspected and rebuilt/replaced as necessary.  Legend rebuilt the shocks and shipped them back to me - at no cost!  They were 5 years old at the time...  Can't ask for much more than that for great service...
I have Legends on my '07 and my '12.  Over the years I too have had some problems - great product imo but nothing works perfectly forever.  Never had a leak at a connection but did have a leak through the compressor.  There is a solenoid operated valve that is supposed to keep air from back bleeding through the compressor but I guess it can fail as mine did.  Not a fast leak but after 3 or 4 days the shocks would be deflated.  And I've had slow leaks through the shocks themselves which would cause them to deflate over 3 or 4 days.  I took one shock off connected a long piece of air line to the shock and then to the 'y' fitting on the bike.  I immersed the shock in a bucket of water and pumped some air in it to check for leaks.  That's how I determined that I had a leaking shock.

Never, ever had any problem with Legend honoring their lifetime warranty to the original purchaser and rebuilding the shocks.  Great company and great folks.

BTW ALL my Legends have bled down somewhat over the course of a week or more.  I think that is pretty normal and expected.  But to see my bike almost sitting on the floor after a few days is not.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

cyco1450

• Elite CVO Member
  • Cheaper to keep her...
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO RG Black Earth/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO SG - sold
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 04:46:05 PM »

The ones that are leaking are on my '10 Vrod. The ones on my '11 CVO SG are fine.  For whatever reason, I tend not to believe it's the lines, but either the compressor or the shocks. With that said, as I write this I'm thinking it's the compressor? The reason why I say this is because it would be awfully coincidental to have both shocks start leaking at same time. If one shock was bad, the other, I would think, would still hold the bike up, at least for a few days.  This is "falling" within a couple hours.
I guess I'll call legends and see what they say.  Thanks for all great feedback .
2018 CVO RG Black Earth
2007 CVO Springer Amarillo Gold 1 of 398
2003 100th Ann FLSTCI
2001 CVO Switchblade
1999 Dyna WG Zippers 107
1997 Heritage Springer Ol’ Boy
1997 Fat Boy Street Stalker 1 of 1
1993 Heritage Softail Cow Glide #1109
1990 Fat Boy Grey Ghost 1st year
1977 FLH Restomod
1977 XLCR
1971 FX Night Train!

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 06:07:04 PM »

The ones that are leaking are on my '10 Vrod. The ones on my '11 CVO SG are fine.  For whatever reason, I tend not to believe it's the lines, but either the compressor or the shocks. With that said, as I write this I'm thinking it's the compressor? The reason why I say this is because it would be awfully coincidental to have both shocks start leaking at same time. If one shock was bad, the other, I would think, would still hold the bike up, at least for a few days.  This is "falling" within a couple hours.
I guess I'll call legends and see what they say.  Thanks for all great feedback .
There is one air line from the compressor that has a 'y' connection to split into two lines - one to each shock.  So a leak anywhere in the system even if it is only one shock will deflate the entire system.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:30:14 PM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 25 queries.