Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Author Topic: Traxxion Dynamics cartridge upgrade  (Read 96199 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Traxxion Dynamics cartridge upgrade
« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2007, 01:46:54 PM »

Rog...glad you are happy with the setup you've installed, you'll quickly get used to it and then if/when you get on a bike without it, you'll wonder how you ever survived the stock stuff.

I was able to give mine another good test this past weekend riding down to PC, fully loaded and two up.  Rode on interstate for about 90 miles of the trip, then the remaining 160 on two lane state hwy, over all kinds of road surfaces, bridges, seams in the road, etc.  Suspension performed flawlessly, soaking up things that otherwise would have jolted my arms and back.  Tracks as straight as an arrow with the Metzler tires too.  Absolutely no wobble at speeds up to 105.

Probably one of the most amazing things about my set up at least, is the way the bike handles now at parking lot speeds.  I will have to admit that I used to be a bit intimidated by slow speed manuvering on this big bike because of my height and short inseam...I rarely have to put my feet on the ground any longer, other than a dead stop.  At the events in Thunder Beach, there were lots of opportunities for having to make tight, slow turns, and the bike is just a different animal now...complete confidence in the way it will behave, would be the best description.

Roger, get a few more miles in, let the feeling of the bike soak in well, and I'll look forward to hear what you have to say.  Particularly when you ride two up...it's a different bike than you've felt before. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #286 on: May 08, 2007, 02:24:09 PM »

Any update on the Bitubos yet? Looks like they put them on the slow boat from Italy.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #287 on: May 08, 2007, 03:22:45 PM »

Any update on the Bitubos yet? Looks like they put them on the slow boat from Italy.

I know they weren't in as of last Tuesday, but will try and call again tomorrow...

TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #288 on: May 08, 2007, 03:26:56 PM »

Don and Terry, you are so right.  Now I am trying to recall what I think I remember the stock ride was like.

This is like only the best cage suspension I've ever used.

Corners on the morning ride in were fun and the bike almost gives the impression of never laboring.  Not sure why I feel the power getting down better, but it does.  I'm not sure that with my Tracula addition I have a bit more shake at idle, it is really nice on the road though and damn, I can't get over how good it handles.

Since I did so much at once not sure what to attribute the big difference to, my final install included the Traxxion forks, Progressive 440's, True Track and the Tracula bushing set rather than Sta Bo.

If the Sta Bo bushings firm it up anywhere near as much as the solid ones, they'd be great.  When we get to Nelson you'll have to ride it to compare against one without the solid bushings.

Anyway, it's great in my estimate.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #289 on: May 08, 2007, 03:35:31 PM »

Don and Terry, you are so right.  Now I am trying to recall what I think I remember the stock ride was like.

This is like only the best cage suspension I've ever used.

Corners on the morning ride in were fun and the bike almost gives the impression of never laboring.  Not sure why I feel the power getting down better, but it does.  I'm not sure that with my Tracula addition I have a bit more shake at idle, it is really nice on the road though and damn, I can't get over how good it handles.

Since I did so much at once not sure what to attribute the big difference to, my final install included the Traxxion forks, Progressive 440's, True Track and the Tracula bushing set rather than Sta Bo.

If the Sta Bo bushings firm it up anywhere near as much as the solid ones, they'd be great.  When we get to Nelson you'll have to ride it to compare against one without the solid bushings.

Anyway, it's great in my estimate.

Sounds great.  The red bike has 440s and the Sta-bo bushings.  We can swap off a bit and try to divine what differences in feel come from where. 

I was lucky in feeling no gain in vibration from adding the bushings in the rear.  Apparently some notice it even with just the Sta-bo bushings.  Will be interesting to feel the difference with the vampire bushings instead..

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #290 on: May 08, 2007, 03:58:40 PM »

They were supposed to ship this past Thursday.

TTS Mastertune

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #291 on: May 08, 2007, 10:41:26 PM »

Don-

When Traxxion did your front forks, did they keep the stock lowered ride height or increase it like the Ultra's??  I told them I had 12.5" 440's on the rear but never asked what they would do to the front regarding height/travel.

Thanks, Bob

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2007, 11:48:34 PM »

Don-

When Traxxion did your front forks, did they keep the stock lowered ride height or increase it like the Ultra's??  I told them I had 12.5" 440's on the rear but never asked what they would do to the front regarding height/travel.

Thanks, Bob

I told them I had 12.5 on the rear also and instructed to set the front up to match it.  If they used mine as a baseline for that instruction then you probably got jacked up just a tiny bit too.  The static height different is minimal.  The windshield's horizon being the obvious clue.  But it's not a big deal.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #293 on: May 09, 2007, 09:16:49 AM »

Thanks for the update on the shock,  my 440's are leaking and need to be replaced.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #294 on: May 12, 2007, 08:57:59 PM »

Just got back from Atlanta ( woodstock actually) for the Traxxion dynamic install. Pretty amazing stuff. At their shop there are a bunch of rain runoffs to driveways, took several at 25 to 30 miles an hours with the abrupt "jump" still easy to control. Front end stopping with "controlled" lock of front braker from 35 mph with minimal nose dive . Leaning aggressively is way more secure. Overall get a double "WOW"! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
I know Terry(TC) and Don (2LN) went to the facility, and if you get to go it is a very impressive machining area and super nice folks. If you got a question about a suspension they got more answers than you probably want to know or hear!  When they were all done with install they even re wrapped and boxed all OEM part ( when was the last time your stealer did that?).  Made a day of it, and if you get the chance worth watching them put together then put on bike. John
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 09:21:25 PM by otophile »
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #295 on: May 12, 2007, 09:51:55 PM »

Just got back from Atlanta ( woodstock actually) for the Traxxion dynamic install. Pretty amazing stuff. At their shop there are a bunch of rain runoffs to driveways, took several at 25 to 30 miles an hours with the abrupt "jump" still easy to control. Front end stopping with "controlled" lock of front braker from 35 mph with minimal nose dive . Leaning aggressively is way more secure. Overall get a double "WOW"! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
I know Terry(TC) and Don (2LN) went to the facility, and if you get to go it is a very impressive machining area and super nice folks. If you got a question about a suspension they got more answers than you probably want to know or hear!  When they were all done with install they even re wrapped and boxed all OEM part ( when was the last time your stealer did that?).  Made a day of it, and if you get the chance worth watching them put together then put on bike. John

Hey John, those are some good looking legs  :drink: .

All teasing aside, altering the flames to match the squiggly flame effect on the fender was a great idea.  Looks sharp.  Ye olde SE Bird Head finishes it off though  :2vrolijk_21: .

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #296 on: May 12, 2007, 10:22:52 PM »

Don,
the credit for the SE head is all yours! Mine is but an imitation of the original. But yea the flame design came out great. The color really stands out next to the fender (had tried on original mock up to match the brighter red, glad I didn't!)  John
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #297 on: May 12, 2007, 10:27:09 PM »

Can't tell from the image John.  Did the wrap the squiggly flames a full 360 around the legs?  That was something they didn't want to do on mine (I think they'd underbid a bit while also promising "whatever you want to make it look right").  They did carry the design all the way around after we discussed it further though.  It's nice being able to see it from any position and any angle. 

You're right about the bird head too.  The flame job and color by itself would be slick.  The bird really punctuates the whole thing though.  It's not big and outlandish.  But once your eye sees it it really makes it all pop.

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #298 on: May 12, 2007, 10:31:52 PM »

Don,
it does go back and front. The Eagle on the right leg face forward ( same as AC cover) and the eagle on left leg faces rearward like the insert on the horn cover. The only real problems wore with the re chrome : bottom axle hole had to "regrooved" to get azure axle to fit, and the inside where bushing reside was not smooth ( they did some polishing at Traxxion, but recommended early bushing replacement at 1000 miles, which will get done with first fork oil change). john
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #299 on: May 12, 2007, 10:37:13 PM »

Don,
it does go back and front. The Eagle on the right leg face forward ( same as AC cover) and the eagle on left leg faces rearward like the insert on the horn cover. The only real problems wore with the re chrome : bottom axle hole had to "regrooved" to get azure axle to fit, and the inside where bushing reside was not smooth ( they did some polishing at Traxxion, but recommended early bushing replacement at 1000 miles, which will get done with first fork oil change). john

I had similar issues John.  Rotary hone had to be used to allow installation of the axle as the thickness of the new chrome wouldn't let it fit.  They also had the muck inside that they initally suggested would lead to a need for early bushing replacement.  In my case though they then spent, literally, a couple of extra hours running rotary wire wheels and other tools up and down inside the leg to get it cleaned out enough to satisfy them.

In the end the guy doing the installation said "ok."  And I was good to go as normal.  But they spent a LOT of extra time on it.  I'm guessing when they saw they same thing a second time someone just decided "oops, can't do that again, just tell him to get the bushing changed quicker the first time."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 24 queries.