Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Twin Cam Fan  (Read 3025 times)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
Twin Cam Fan
« on: April 23, 2007, 12:56:21 PM »

Has anyone fitted the fan kit from the P&A Cat, I think it is on page 459.  Apparently it is supposed to cool the engine whilst stationary or travelling through slow traffic.   With the 07's running so hot I thought it might have been a popular mod.  Apparently it replaces the horn and the horn is relocated somehere else.

twincam

Re: Twin Cam Fan
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 01:00:23 PM »

I have seen them in use, the horn was relocted on the down tubes.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 01:01:30 PM »

Hi Twincam
Do we know if they're any good?

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 01:03:21 PM »

I have heard of the early models breaking at the mount. Local police tried it and the officers complained about baking their legs with the engine heat being blown on them. I don't know if it actually helped the bike or not though.

twincam

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 01:07:09 PM »

well I do know alot of law enforcment people use them here in AZ,  they do alot of parade duty, funerals, and such a lot of starting and stopping, plus here we have weather that reaches 112 degrees during the summer months..... so..... the part has to do some good!!!!! but, I do not have any personall experence with it!!

twincam

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 01:17:06 PM »

just looked in the book page 461 says,stronger brackets.... and lab results show 20 degree reduction in oil temp when using the fan. for what it is worth, we don't know in who's lab or what kind of conditions ect. just my 2 cents

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 04:11:04 PM »

Thanks guys your contributions are much appreciated and have given me food for thought.

Antone else like to share their views?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 04:41:53 PM »

It better do some good.  Because it's ugly as sin to have hanging there.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 05:02:40 PM »

just looked in the book page 461 says,stronger brackets.... and lab results show 20 degree reduction in oil temp when using the fan. for what it is worth, we don't know in who's lab or what kind of conditions ect. just my 2 cents

We all know who is in the lab (Jean & Willie G) :)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 05:11:23 PM »

There's humor on this forum? :o  I thought everyone was serious. :P
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 06:05:23 PM »

The fan, if they're gonna make one, belongs on the oil cooler, not the side of the engine. That just looks silly. They should have a thermostatically controlled fan built into the OC assembly. Now that would drop oil temp. I cant see that HD fan doing very much. JMO. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Tros

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 07:48:18 PM »

The fan, if they're gonna make one, belongs on the oil cooler, not the side of the engine. That just looks silly. They should have a thermostatically controlled fan built into the OC assembly. Now that would drop oil temp. I cant see that HD fan doing very much. JMO. Hoist! 8)

I thought the same thing.  BTW why do they mount the touring oil coolers down so low, where they catch road debris from the front tire?  I would think the air near the road surface is a lot hotter than up in the breeze.  :nixweiss:

twincam

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 10:44:29 PM »

It better do some good.  Because it's ugly as sin to have hanging there.
you got that right.......sob is as big as one of them there aligator snappin turtles!!!!!!!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 06:56:24 AM »

I thought the same thing.  BTW why do they mount the touring oil coolers down so low, where they catch road debris from the front tire?  I would think the air near the road surface is a lot hotter than up in the breeze.  :nixweiss:
Aesthetics. It looks good down there, as compared to other places.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 09:31:28 AM »

I agree, it's not the best location. I have a Lockhart OC on the downtubes of my Evo, directly in the airstream. It helps my HiComp Evo a lot. They can move it on the SERK, but on Fairing bikes, there's not many choices. But a fan powered OC would definitelty be better than blowing a little air between the barrels with that parade fan. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 24 queries.