Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: HD Cust Serv Call Campaign - 110 Head Gaskets  (Read 60040 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
HD Cust Serv Call Campaign - 110 Head Gaskets
« on: August 27, 2007, 11:59:58 AM »

I apologize for starting yet another thread on the 110 head gasket issue, but the others have strayed.

Please keep posts in this thread related to dealing with HD Customer Service regarding the leaky head gasket issue. This is the biggest problem we face with the 110's, and finding a solution is important.

Please keep all posts on topic. Thank you in advance.

On Friday, Pinkie and I went to the HOG Rally in Knoxville with one major item on the agenda, get in front of the execs at the HD Town Hall Meeting so I could bring up the leaky 110 head gasket issue.

The Town Hall meeting was held outside and attendance was light. I would estimate about 40 people were there, and half a dozen execs made up the panel. Introductions were performed and then it was time for questions.

I brought up the head gasket issue and discussed it for a couple of minutes. One of the execs, Don Hutchkis, I think, wanted me to talk with 'Gary', an exec with a more mechanically oriented position at the MoCo.

I spoke to Gary after the meeting. He was not aware of the problem because he is only involved with the stock 96ers, but stated that the current path, through Rusty Dwyer (414-343-4121), is the correct path to take, as Mr. Dwyer is over the Customer Service department and attends the meetings with Tech Services. Gary also attends the same meetings, so hopefully our conversation will stimulate further discussions. Gary assured me that he would bring this issue back to Milwaukee.

I don't know what to expect in the future regarding this issue, but I would suggest if you are experiencing a leaky head gasket on your bike, place a call into HD Customer Service and open a ticket. Get your VIN recorded and get an incident number for reference. You won't get any immediate help that will solve the problem, but making them more aware of the problem can't hurt.

The idea behind this calling campaign is to make this problem more visible by generating more problem tickets.

Once you call in, please come back here and post that information, including the name of the person you are dealing with.

HD Customer Service 414-343-4056.

Please keep this thread on topic.

For me:
VIN 954829 FLHTCUSE
May: First repair of head gasket. (1,800 miles)
8/23 VM left for Rusty Dwyer.
8/23 Initial call to HD Cust Serv, spoke with Ola.
8/23 Received call from HD Cust Service (Ola). Instructed to go to dealer and have revised gasket installed. I informed her that it is the revised gasket that is now leaking.

8/27 Second VM left for Rusty Dwyer.
8/27 Received callback from Ola discussed meeting execs and further discussion on increasing visibility of problem. Ola suggested all affected owners call in and create a ticket.
8/28 Bike returned to dealer for second repair of head gasket problem. (5,325 miles)
8/29 HD Says bad cylinder - replace both. National backorder means it won't get fixed until after Hot Springs Rally. (Updated 8/29)

Now its your turn.

Thank you,

:indian_chief:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 06:28:13 PM by Chief »

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
Re: HD Cust Serv Call Campaign - 110 Head Gaskets
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 12:04:56 PM »

I've had a ticket open for 5-6 weeks.  Dealing with John Selenski.  This was initiated after writing to the CEO. 

Built August 2006
Leak first noticed around 3000.
Head gasket replaced 3600
leak reappeared 3800
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 01:01:33 PM by skreminegul07 »
Any day on the bike is a good day.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 12:56:03 PM »

Hello Big Indian Chief ,

Last six digits of VIN     955490
Color                         Light Candy Cherry/Black Ice
Date of Purchase         July '06
Date of Delivery           Feb '07
Dealer                        HD Grand Lyon, FRANCE
Owners Name              Jacques MENIVAL
Location                     Saint CHEF, FRANCE

Started from the States the 9th January. Arrival at the dealer the 14th February.
First miles : 17th February 2007, morning.
Need a new painting on the frame (Rust)
Out the end of June, 4k miles : leaking head gaskets, pistons and cylinders, starter.
Not come back from the dealer since the end of June 2007.

I hope this help.

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

GasRat

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 01:48:25 PM »

8/27 Called and spoke with a Debra in cust. service.  Explained entire story from the beginning of first leak.  She said she would call and talk with the SM at the dealership & get back to me.   And the Moco rep will definitely be there when my bike arrives at dealership.
Better to remain quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CVOHarley Member #2390

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 02:37:09 PM »

I just got off of the phone with a different Customer Rep after he was forwarded my VM to Rusty Dwyer. John is his first name, not Selenski.

Short story is that my bike is going back in this week and the SM will be put in contact with one special person at Tech Service to work on the problem. I was told it won't be a 16801-07B gasket either, and that's as much as he could tell me.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 02:59:19 PM by Chief »

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 02:47:34 PM »

I just got off of the phone with a different Customer Rep after he was forwarded my VM to Rusty Dwyer. John is his first name, not Selenski.

Short story is that my bike is going back in this week and the SM will be put in contact with one special person at Tech Service to work on the problem. I was told it won't be a 16801-07B gasket either, and that's as much as he could tell me.

:indian:chief:

Please keep us in the loop.  Mine goes in in two weeks. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 02:50:12 PM »

Tagged.

Miker

beerman

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 06:39:42 PM »

there's a "B" gasket now?
H*ll i had one replaced with an "A" a while back
no more leaks at the head but it's leaking through the bolt hole and coming out the side at the base now - very little  - hardly noticable - and it comes off quickly with a shot of cleaner
is the B any better?
-Beerman
seems like a lot of activity ( 2000+ posts ) on the HDforum site about the strange primary noises and tranny problems - don't see that many over here
2008 FLHX, 1997 FLSTS, 1982 BMW R65

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 06:55:54 PM »

there's a "B" gasket now?
H*ll i had one replaced with an "A" a while back
no more leaks at the head but it's leaking through the bolt hole and coming out the side at the base now - very little  - hardly noticable - and it comes off quickly with a shot of cleaner
is the B any better?
-Beerman
seems like a lot of activity ( 2000+ posts ) on the HDforum site about the strange primary noises and tranny problems - don't see that many over here

Beerman,

No, I took this to mean the repair would be more than just trying another revised gasket. I'm reading between the lines here. I don't know what they will do.

GasRat

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 08:09:44 PM »

I'm glad someone else asked that "B" gasket question because I was thinking the same thing....Damn another revised gasket. :'(
Better to remain quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

CVOHarley Member #2390

Kodiak

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 09:26:28 PM »

Chief, FYI Gary is aware of the leaking head gaskets. I also spoke with him. My question was about the engine noise caused by the rocker box clearance. The first thing out of his mouth was have you had a head gasket oil leak and how many miles on the bike? The way he talked the problem goes hand and hand.
2012 Candy Cobalt Twilight Blue FLTRXSE, Vance & Hines Power Duals, 4" Rinehart's, SE Super Tuner, Mustang Super Solo with backrest &  passenger seat.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 09:48:31 PM »

My 07 is in the shop for the leaking base/head gasket.  The dealer is doing the gasket thing.  This showed up at 5300 miles.  Should I go ahead and call the company or wait until, if it does, it does it again.  I want to work with the dealer and the company, but I also do not want to get left behind in this deal.

It was in the shop for 2 1/2 weeks doing the rocker box thing and it has been in the shop two weeks tomorrow doing the base/head gasket thing.

People I ride with can't believe that I am not crazy about this.  It is only because I have something else to ride.  For the people who are having the trouble and have nothing else to ride, I am truly sorry.

Other smaller manufacturers use larger displacement engines.  Are they having these kinds of problems with oil leaking?  Is this just a company problem, due to mass production i.e profit?

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 10:01:56 PM »

Chief, FYI Gary is aware of the leaking head gaskets. I also spoke with him. My question was about the engine noise caused by the rocker box clearance. The first thing out of his mouth was have you had a head gasket oil leak and how many miles on the bike? The way he talked the problem goes hand and hand.

That's good to hear. Maybe we're getting their attention and this becomes the problem of the week. When did you speak with him? I got to him on Friday at the 2:45 Town Hall Meeting.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 10:05:16 PM »

My 07 is in the shop for the leaking base/head gasket.  The dealer is doing the gasket thing.  This showed up at 5300 miles.  Should I go ahead and call the company or wait until, if it does, it does it again.  I want to work with the dealer and the company, but I also do not want to get left behind in this deal.

It was in the shop for 2 1/2 weeks doing the rocker box thing and it has been in the shop two weeks tomorrow doing the base/head gasket thing.

People I ride with can't believe that I am not crazy about this.  It is only because I have something else to ride.  For the people who are having the trouble and have nothing else to ride, I am truly sorry.

Other smaller manufacturers use larger displacement engines.  Are they having these kinds of problems with oil leaking?  Is this just a company problem, due to mass production i.e profit?

john

John,

It might help to call in, especially this week. After the rally and the number of owners that hit them blind side with this, I'm thinking it might be a hot topic in Milwaukee. Might as well strike while the iron is hot.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 10:34:11 PM »

VIN 954230

04/26/07     7440 miles     ACR solenoid replaced, Inner primary oil leak, Head gasket leak - repalced w/ 16801-07A F&R and replaced 17285-07 Cylinder assy, Black
06/11/07     8812 miles     Head Gasket Leaking - "Replaced F Head Gasket" p/n 16801-07A, exhaust gasket 17048-98, breather kit 17650-02
08/27/07   11093 miles     Minor oil on rim of head gasket showing

I'm going to call Dusty tomorrow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 24 queries.