Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Techmount on FLHRSE4  (Read 3068 times)

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
Techmount on FLHRSE4
« on: December 04, 2007, 06:28:23 PM »

Visited Techmount just outside Orlando today and they put a 30999MC handlebar mount on my bike and I thought the other '08 SERK owners might want to see some pictures in case Santa brings them a GPS.
I also bought the Quick Change Adapter that allows you to mount the GPS cradle to it and it has a spring loaded detent button that allows easy removal of the whole GPS unit if you have a disconnect for the power.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 10:22:30 PM by novazeus »

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
Re: Techmount on FLHRSE4
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 06:31:39 PM »

Another view.

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 06:32:33 PM »

Again.

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 06:33:48 PM »

Quick Change Adapter on mount.

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 06:35:09 PM »

Quick Change Adapter off of mount. (part number 60003)

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 06:40:36 PM »

Santa hasn't brought me a Zumo 550 yet but I think he might be here tomorrow.

I'll post pictures after I get it.

The Techmount chrome plated aluminum mount appears to be a very quality piece and since I had my bike at their factory today (and they had not seen a '08 SERK and they liked it) they assured me that this was their best mount for this bike.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 06:47:41 PM »

Santa hasn't brought me a Zumo 550 yet but I think he might be here tomorrow.

I'll post pictures after I get it.

The Techmount chrome plated aluminum mount appears to be a very quality piece and since I had my bike at their factory today (and they had not seen a '08 SERK and they liked it) they assured me that this was their best mount for this bike.

They are great mounts. :2vrolijk_21: Many of us have used them to mount our GPS's. Was just wondering will you ever run a windshield and if so have you checked clearance issues w/the mount where it's positioned. Can't really tell from the pictures if that would be a problem.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 06:52:17 PM by Fired00d »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 08:05:20 PM »

Thanks alot 4 the post this is something I've been tossing around as well. Great pics thanks for taking the time to post them.  :2vrolijk_21:

Howie

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 10:55:43 PM »

You are probably correct Firedood about it interfering with a windshield. I just had the guy at Techmount (forgive me I'm terrible with names) mount it that way so it would show better in the pictures. Since they are almost infinitely adjustable , I'm sure this position will change as soon as I start playing with the Zumo tomorrow.

I have to figure out how to make it hot with a quick disconnect and what to do about a headset inside my Arai full face helmets.

First I have to be sure I don't miss the DHL driver because a signature is required.

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 01:03:21 AM »

Howie,
No problem. I appreciate it when others do the same for me.
Thanks.

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 04:48:13 PM »

You are probably correct Firedood about it interfering with a windshield. I just had the guy at Techmount (forgive me I'm terrible with names) mount it that way so it would show better in the pictures. Since they are almost infinitely adjustable , I'm sure this position will change as soon as I start playing with the Zumo tomorrow.

I have to figure out how to make it hot with a quick disconnect and what to do about a headset inside my Arai full face helmets.

First I have to be sure I don't miss the DHL driver because a signature is required.

No interference with mine.  I mounted mine in the exact same spot, but did rotate the mounting plate 180 degrees and pitched the whole thing more forward and it sits in the perfect location to minimize glare, no interference problems and still allows full view of the turn signal indicators, etc.  I do agree, the mount by itself is a nice piece of chrome and is by far, the best looking mount I've found.  I like all of the adjustment possibilities as well as the ability to fully adjust the tension as well. 

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 05:22:46 PM »

I ordered this mount - lilked the chrome, but it doesn't give the flexibility of a RAM mount, so it's on the garage shelf along with all the other stuff I've ordered and didn't use!!!

I have the RAM mount angled where the GPS sits right in the center of the bars, in front of the windshield bag. Great location.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 01:32:29 AM »

Santa came early and I've been playing.
I tried the bluetooth phone/directions thing with my Plantronics Voyager 510 bluetooth headset and it does work.
My buddy called me and said he could hear me fine except for the motorcycle noise. The lady giving directions will not let you miss a turn. Now I know what it would be like to be married. The only problem is the physical pain of having the headset under my Arai full face helmet. I must find a better solution.
I've been running GPS in automobiles off my laptop computers since 1999, but I must say that these little gems are much more user friendly and intuitive.

Here's the rest of my pics.

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 01:33:35 AM »

more.

novazeus

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 01:34:33 AM »

another.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 24 queries.