Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: R@B Black hole exhaust  (Read 1660 times)

davy

• Junior CVO Member
R@B Black hole exhaust
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:26:46 PM »

Does anyone have any thoughts on the R@B 2n1 black hole exhaust compared against other competitors.
Dave :drink:

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

Re: R@B Black hole exhaust
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 10:57:39 PM »

I tried on my Jims 120 build, when Matt Gross tried tuning it we got lousy results. Placed a piece of plywood over half of the muffler, horsepower and torques shot way up. Took away the plywood and it dropped right off. could not get better than 120 hp/120 tq

Rather that play with it any further put back the V&H Pro Pipe. Got 131 hp and 134 tq.

The pipe was the LSR Blackhole on a Road Glide. phoned them and of course was told we did not know what we were doing. Pipe was an excellent looking and well made, however woud not work for me.

geezerglide

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 05:34:49 AM »

I have one on my softail, Everyone tells me they love the sound of it. The eng is a 95 stage 4 kit. Tq 97 Hp 93.( TQ peaks around 3800-4000 rpm's) As far as tuning, the dealer had no problems tuning it with a race tuning. I did have the V&H 2-1 pro on it at first but it was to damn loud.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 06:49:04 AM »

Davy, have you tried the D&D Fatcats? I'm quite happy with  mine.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 06:51:06 AM »

I have one on my softail, Everyone tells me they love the sound of it. The eng is a 95 stage 4 kit. Tq 97 Hp 93.( TQ peaks around 3800-4000 rpm's) As far as tuning, the dealer had no problems tuning it with a race tuning. I did have the V&H 2-1 pro on it at first but it was to damn loud.
That pipe does look good on your bike.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 10:46:16 AM »

I was seriously considering putting on the RB Racing LSR 2-1's but my concern was that I wouldn't be able to find a tuner who could get it to run right. I ended up putting on the V&H Pro Pipe BP and I am very satisfied with them. The RB Racing LSR Black Hole 2-1's look to be a high quality product though. Good luck with your decision.

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 06:22:13 PM »

no dispespect to cowboy, but the couple of dynos I've seen with black hole have been bad...there's one at latus-harley-davidson.com...go to service, then dyno charts, then exhaust, the rb racing is near the bottom...notice the huge torque dip below 3500rpm... the other chart I've seen with that pipe was just as bad...if you want a quiet 2 into 1 look into a supertrapp, it's quitetest...other good ones are vance and hines pro pipe hs, d&d fatcat with quiet baffle, thunderheader, bassani roadrage, rb racing lsr...the last three are REALLY loud
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 06:35:38 PM »

95" Stage 4 motor should be pumping out way better numbers that those. No offense intended, as my point is simply that you're missing something in your equation. Beagle's brother in law's 95" is putting out 100/100 with a stock 02 M&M throttle body and Reinharts. Having said that, if you're happy with the bike as is, then that's all that matters.

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 06:42:54 PM »

I did have V&H 2-1 pro on the bike before the Blackhole, That exhaust did give me a few more HP & TQ but as I said, it was to loud for me. I am thinking about going to true duals within the next year or so.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 24 queries.