Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Laptop PC  (Read 971 times)

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
Laptop PC
« on: July 18, 2008, 03:58:05 PM »

Just bought my first laptop.  Gonna take pics of my trips to share with you guys while on the road.  I'm somewhat computer stupid so tell me the best choice for a photo program to keep ya'll informed while I'm having fun on the road.
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
Re: Laptop PC
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 04:25:35 PM »

I've found that a lot of software thats included with digital cameras and also printers is getting pretty good. You need something that allows you to crop, rotate, and resize. They all do that these days plus some exposure correction too. If you have recently bought a camera or printer take a look at whats on the CD included.

Bret
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 04:32:24 PM »

Just bought my first laptop.  Gonna take pics of my trips to share with you guys while on the road.  I'm somewhat computer stupid so tell me the best choice for a photo program to keep ya'll informed while I'm having fun on the road.

Pado,

If you want to free up space in your hard drive, you can upload pics from your laptop to:

photobucket.com

or

flickr.com

Will save space on your hard drive & pics can be posted from those sites.  All free.

I use the camera software - works ok for me. 

Mike

ps I used to use Paint Shop Pro but that was a while back.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 04:48:10 PM »

Check out these tools for resizing photos (and other things) from Microsoft (FREE)-
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx
direct download: http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

this integrates into Windows & when you right-click on the photo file, you'll see the option to resize, etc in the menu...

Also, look into Windows Picture and Fax Viewer to be able to rotate pictures with just a right click...
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 24 queries.