Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Remember - Rider Randy Scott Killed by Congressman Bill Janklow  (Read 7052 times)

rememberrandyscott

With the Sturgis Rally upon us once again, it is a reminder to the anniversary of Randy Scott's death.

Please remember Randy Scott, and his tragic death 5 years ago, after being hit at an intersection by Congressman William (Wild Bill) Janklow.

Congressman Janklow, former Govenor of South Dakota, hid from liability, and he was aware of this as he was protected by the Federal Torts Claims Act, and he and the Insurance Company (State Farm) of the car he was driving, had no Economic Loss....

The Federal Government was liable for Wild Bill's actions and the death of Randy Scott.

Wild Bill did not pay 1 cent to Randy's family, and he is now back to practicing Law in South Dakota.

All of you Riders have NO idea that this family, and his friends, not only suffered a loss, but an Economic Loss, as well as the value of Randy's bike that he was riding (Road King).

Wild Bill, lives and resides in Brandon, South Dakota and is alive and well, living off his Government Pension, and once again working as a Practicing Lawyer.

For Randy Scott, who was only riding down a country road, and had a Congressman blow through a Stop Sign at 70 mph, there is No Justice.

Remember this accident took place in South Dakota, following the Rally, for which many of you attend in Stugis, South Dakota, annually.

So, as  you ride across the state of South Dakota, be aware of Wild Bill in Brandon, South Dakota.....and the Scott Family's home in Luverne, MN which is all of 30 miles from the home of Wild Bill.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Remember - Rider Randy Scott Killed by Congressman Bill Janklow
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:15:47 PM »

It never cease to amze me on how the connected pollically think they are differnt from the "connected" mafia.

I will ride with him in mind this weekend and bring it up in conversation at stops. 

Find Peace

Slainte!  :drink:

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 02:36:06 PM »

Thanks for the reminder - whoever you may be. :( I remember very clearly and strongly the wrongs Randy's tragic death brought to light. >:( Hard to imagine what the family has been through and my prayers for them tonight.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 02:33:06 PM »

That is a crying shame. To take a mans life is bad enough but to get off Scott (NO PUN INTENDED) free is BS!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Ozzie

• Senior CVO Member
  • Have Trailer - Will Travel To Rescue CVO
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 05:10:13 PM »

May God Bless Randy's Family and someday punish the old SD man for his criminal actions.
Ride Smart and Be Seen. Then Ride Like the Wind where The Eagles Fly.
Ozzie
03 FLSTF
06 FLHTCU
07 FLTR

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 03:13:41 PM »

Janklow got a suspended imposition of sentence.  This means his record is clear.  -What a joke!  I guess he'll have to wait for judgement day to get what he's got coming.  I've seen people pay more for a second DUI than Wild Bill got.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 03:26:51 PM »

Janklow got a suspended imposition of sentence.  This means his record is clear. 

Are you sure?  He later petitioned the South Dakota Supreme Court to reinstate his law license but wouldn't have had to do so if the felony conviction record was officially clear.  He also might not have resigned his seat in the house if at the end of the 100 day sentence he would've been able to regain his committee seats.

Janklow was an unapologetic reckless driver.  He tried to make excuses about low blood sugar at his trial.  When the family attempted to try him in civil court after the criminal conviction he evaded the action completely by hiding behind the Federal tort claims act.  Argued that he was on official government business while driving that day.  That being so as a federal legislator the Federal Government was liable for his action not him.  A Federal Court bought the argument too.  US Government (you and me) later paid out a million dollar settlement to the family for Janklow's actions that day.

If you're looking for anything to to make you go "hmmmm" about the guy; while Governor of South Dakota he once got a speeding ticket for riding his Harley too fast.  In the four blocks from his residence to the Capital.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 03:33:06 PM »

I'm positive about the suspended imposition.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 03:38:19 PM »

I'm positive about the suspended imposition.

Got me curious enough to go look.  Found the state court records system and you are absolutely correct.  Though there were some notes I didn't initally make complete sense of.  It looks almost like the "suspended imposition" of sentence didn't dismiss the felony conviction from his permanent record but was somehow some other type of sentence stipulation that allowed Janklow to serve the sentence in a local jail with early release and work release provisions rather than a State prison.

Pretty convoluted record.  Might still be curious enough over the weekend to do more homework.  Then again, might not.

Abbynormal

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 yellow
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 09:27:53 AM »

Terrible story, I am afraid that it is way too typical of those who elect to represent us. They may go into office with good intentions, but the system soon corrupts them and their too human frailties are too weak to resist the temptations of power and rank. My only hope is that the old adage holds true: what goes around, comes around. Eventually, this guy will pay in spades. Or there is no God and no justice.  ARRRRGHHHHH!

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 02:57:30 PM »

Kind of funny all this is getting rehashed again.  In today's Rapid City Journal there's a front page article headlined with a quote "Nothing I can do to fix it" -Wild Bill Janklow.  It's an article about the accident 5 years ago.  Scott's mother said there's a memorial motorcycle ride planned for today (8/16).  I know the area where they will hold the ride like the back of my hand.  I spent every summer riding around that area.  (I was born and raised in Sioux Falls)

Janklow is a very smart man who did a lot of good things for the state of South Dakota.  He just drove vehicles like he was the only person on the road.  He blasted through a stop sign at about 75 mph on a country road just a few miles from where he grew up.   

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 03:35:50 PM »

Kind of funny all this is getting rehashed again.  In today's Rapid City Journal there's a front page article headlined with a quote "Nothing I can do to fix it" -Wild Bill Janklow.  It's an article about the accident 5 years ago.  Scott's mother said there's a memorial motorcycle ride planned for today (8/16).  I know the area where they will hold the ride like the back of my hand.  I spent every summer riding around that area.  (I was born and raised in Sioux Falls)

Janklow is a very smart man who did a lot of good things for the state of South Dakota.  He just drove vehicles like he was the only person on the road.  He blasted through a stop sign at about 75 mph on a country road just a few miles from where he grew up.   

Maybe but in my book he's a criminal that got away w/ murder and we got to foot the bill. Eff him.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 06:55:04 PM »

Maybe but in my book he's a criminal that got away w/ murder and we got to foot the bill. Eff him.

Our Buckeye friend has said it as concisely as can be done.

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 24 queries.