Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 59

Author Topic: Financial Meltdown?!  (Read 80070 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Financial Meltdown?!
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2008, 05:06:27 PM »

Is that something we can discuss at the cookout Friday?
What does "Chithead" have to do with a color?
Are you prejudice?
Are Chitheads a certain color?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Sure, we can have some Chithead talk at the cookout next Friday, especially since we'll both be wearing our Chithead-wear (Honda shirts)! ;D

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2008, 05:12:47 PM »

If Lehman was alive, he would blame his brothers.

Merrill would blame Lynch.

Loaning money to people who cannot pay that money back is a time honored tradition in the USA.  It is not the first time this happened, and it will not be the last.  The taxpayers will pay for it, investors will pay for it, and fat cats will lose BIG BUCKS.  Taxes will increase and then we will all die.  Have a nice day!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2008, 05:32:31 PM »

Remember I'll be cooking. Any talk beyong trips, MV, touring, alcohol, tattos, garages, girls or MOTORCYLES will result in you eating what I give ya! And who knows what you might find in it! FTP!!! ::) ::) ::) :P ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2008, 05:40:08 PM »

My bike is ready - heated grips (the kind that shock your left thumb randomly) have been replaced again under w-----ty.  Cannot pick it up until Thursday or Friday due to travel for work.  Dammit.  Dammit. Dammit. 

Also dammit.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #214 on: September 16, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »

how come he takes credit for Nancy's bikes  :nixweiss:
Because he's going to clean it, work on it, and make it go fast....

Cause I can.

;)
See I told you. ;) ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #215 on: September 16, 2008, 07:46:13 PM »

Remember I'll be cooking. Any talk beyong trips, MV, touring, alcohol, tattos, garages, girls or MOTORCYLES will result in you eating what I give ya! And who knows what you might find in it! FTP!!! ::) ::) ::) :P ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Promise...trip n tities n beer n tats n rats..and what we gonna do when you come to Soflo.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #216 on: September 16, 2008, 08:13:27 PM »

IROAR, will offer the time and respect of one direct response to this thread.  Neal, of course, nailed what was going on 100%.  To fully detail the subject though the nature of the response was even more to the tone of how the topic was started than the topic itself.  That should have been obvious.

Had it been an even moderately thoughtful mention of issues in yesterday's and the recent weeks and months market and other financial troubles nothing would have happened.  We are bright people here capable of having intelligent well minded discussions on a regular basis.  And we do.  We're also bright enough to be bored chitless by drivel.

What was started was not a high minded discussion of financial foibles.  It was a barely-sensical kvetch about administrations and campaigns when everyone realizes that though they get credit and blame for the economy writ large the White House really does not control it.  The thread title might as well have been "I want to bitch about Bush and McCain and this is the reason I'm picking today."  I saw it and suffered an aneurism.  Or had the thought "chit, not another thread like that; isn't enough freaking enough."  The two feel the same.

Given the totality of the response numbers suggest most others felt the same.  And, believe me, I'd have felt exactly the same way if it'd been a thread bitching about Obama and the legislature.  Enough is enough.  We've had good people here saying spurious things to other good people.  Insults have been real.  Enough is enough.

If a discussion of the state of the economy among a bunch of gear heads is important to you go start one.  If it's legimately offered it won't get... um... any more slightly sidetracked than any other tread. 

Rather than having to watch a potential train wreck and once again see friends picking at friends over nonsense you are right.  I purposefully derailed the thread.  With ill intent toward no one.  With ill word not spoken to anyone.  With not a shot fired that wasn't in jest.  Isn't that really a better alternative in this venue than yet another thread about whether some Democrat's daddy can beat up some Republican's?

Having asked that question in closing I'll also say I really am unconcerned about the answer.  As long as we're not bitching at one another I'm satisfied.  That's the end of my part of any serious discussion here.

Don,

where the F&$K are my shocks?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:15:28 PM by Florida Marine »

Sean M Cary

« Reply #217 on: September 16, 2008, 08:14:49 PM »

Did anyone say,

PBR

Oh HELL yeah!!  PBR Rocks :drink: :drink:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2008, 08:19:12 PM »

Sean M Cary

« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2008, 08:23:15 PM »

HOLY CHIT...what the hell is it with bunnies and pancakes? :nixweiss:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #220 on: September 16, 2008, 08:25:01 PM »

I'm late in posting on this thread and from the good Colonel's response a couple posts back, I'm not going to read backwards. Rather I'd ask what intelligent folks think of the road ahead. Does one bail on stocks and mutuals and hide out in money market funds or does one ride out the storm (meaning sit pat and do nothing since you only lose if you sell)

B B

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2008, 08:32:25 PM »

HOLY CHIT...what the hell is it with bunnies and pancakes? :nixweiss:

There is a treasure trove of pictures of bunnies with a pancake on their head.

Google "Oolong".  Sort of like the Travelocity Gnome, only different.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #222 on: September 16, 2008, 08:36:04 PM »

There is a treasure trove of pictures of bunnies with a pancake on their head.

Google "Oolong".  Sort of like the Travelocity Gnome, only different.

BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAA!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You're a pisser Mike!!! :2vrolijk_21: :drink: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #223 on: September 16, 2008, 08:36:19 PM »

I'm late in posting on this thread and from the good Colonel's response a couple posts back, I'm not going to read backwards. Rather I'd ask what intelligent folks think of the road ahead. Does one bail on stocks and mutuals and hide out in money market funds or does one ride out the storm (meaning sit pat and do nothing since you only lose if you sell)

B B

Sit tight.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #224 on: September 16, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »

Sit tight.

You But Ya Nevermind! I can't!!! :D :D :D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 59

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 25 queries.