Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: ARCHIVE COLLECTION BOOK  (Read 31887 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: ARCHIVE COLLECTION BOOK
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2008, 09:08:58 AM »

Ok here is the text of letter I just wrote tonight that I do think I will send - if it gets any where near Mr. McCaslin I will be very surprised.
Mr. McCaslin,    
Thank you for the book. It looks to be a fine book that I will enjoy on several rainy afternoons this winter.  I bought my CVO because I thought it would represent the best that Harley-Davidson had to offer. I have had multiple issues with my 110” engine, and my screaming eagle road king in general. So much so that I do not trust that the free upgrade can truly fix what is wrong with this motorcycle.
I felt so strongly about this that I went out and rode several of your competitor’s motorcycles. Some I liked most I did not. The one’s I liked were not good enough for me to completely give up on Harley-Davidson.
I have however given up on the 110” product line. Through, an understanding dealer, whom was willing to give me several breaks I am purchasing a 2009 FLHR. I am having several upgrades installed at delivery including a 103 kit. This motor has a longer track record and from my research has not had the problems that the 110” has.
All of this has left a bitter taste in my mouth, and it is not from some fine Milwaukee hops! This adventure has cost me time, money and an endless amount of frustration. It is only the understanding dealer noted above and my disdain for conflict, drama and frustration that has kept me from pursuing my state’s lemon law to settle this matter. I hope that you truly make the changes that are necessary to make sure that, as you say in your letter, customers of Harley-Davidson receive the best products and the highest standards of service. Currently this is not my view of the state of your business. Although I have bought another Harley at this point in time your apology and a book, for my inconveniences just do not seem to be enough.

It's great mi amigo....hopefully he will get the letter......all of us know that several people from MoCo are members of this site and read the posts very often.

bikerbehaviorist

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2008, 10:10:15 AM »

Thank you Jorge I hope someone at Harley sees it!

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2008, 10:35:08 AM »

I got the letter a few weeks ago. No book. I wonder if I will still get one ??????

ace07fxdl

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2008, 10:51:53 AM »

Got my book and letter yesterday. Very nice book.

2008 FLHRSE4 SERK
Twilight Blue & Candy Cobalt

"Chance favors the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2008, 11:17:59 AM »

What was special to the CVO community yesterday is not so special today...

Available to the general public for $60.00...

The Harley-Davidson® Motor Co. Archive Collection

This 408-page book with 600 color and 50 black and white images will take you inside the world of Harley-Davidson® motorcycles like never before. "The Harley-Davidson® Motor Co. Archive Collection" showcases a century of bikes that have shaped motorcycle history and brings that history to gleaming life in page after page of stunning studio photography. Featuring nearly 200 of the most important motorcycles from the Harley-Davidson® collection, the book captures the excitement of the best-known motorcycles in the world. Available in October at our authorized Harley-Davidson® dealers. Official Licensed Product.

978-0-7603-3184-2

MSRP US $60.00

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2008, 11:52:03 AM »

Letter did say book was "soon to be released."  I guess the only thing that makes the freebie CVO one special is the 110 sticker on it.  Oh well, don't need to watch eBay anymore, just go to Barnes & Noble.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2008, 12:29:13 PM »

The letter is dated 8/27, so soon to be released is long gone anyway.

Just got mine. 

Howie will just take all the pages out and keep the covers like his 110" motor.  Lots of great comments here.  Not much here to add.  Will save discussion for MV! 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2008, 02:26:13 PM »

What was special to the CVO community yesterday is not so special today...

Available to the general public for $60.00...

Except for the fact there was no bill attached to it.......important detail
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2008, 03:26:01 PM »

Got mine today.
Along with a seeping head, yep 6000 miles and head gasket is failing. :'(     >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
What timing moco has.
It does say in the letter that our book is special.
Just like our 110 motors, I'm sure. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Just bitchen a little. >:(
Dave

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2008, 04:33:48 PM »

UPS brought my book this afternoon (and HD if you're listening - nice gesture!).  OK, so now I'm getting in line for an '09.  Anybody interested in my '06?

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2008, 05:19:44 PM »

Got my book yesterday. I also feel it's a nice gesture. This is, to my knowledge, the largest modern day "fix" ever provided by Harley. I don't know if that means Harley messed up more on the 110 than any other engine or if they are just getting better about taking care of problems. If you look at how Harley handled the early twin cam bearing issues. They provided a 5 year, 50,000 mile warranty on the bearings, but would not fix them unless they failed. On the cam tensioner, they did nothing. In my case they have completely rebuilt my top end once with the upgraded gaskets, fixing the leak and now they are going to replace the heads, do all the other work again along with added fixes. I want to believe Harley is trying real hard to fix our problems and keep us happy. I love the way my 07 SEUC runs.

Scottt

VaSteve

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2008, 06:42:30 PM »

Got my book today. I went straight to the 70's to see if H-D had gotten enough gonads to mention the 1977 Confederate Edition. Nope. This is one of the more rare special editions and "that flag" has big bad H-D hiding in the corner. Pathetic.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2008, 06:45:27 PM »

Got my book today. I went straight to the 70's to see if H-D had gotten enough gonads to mention the 1977 Confederate Edition. Nope. This is one of the more rare special editions and "that flag" has big bad H-D hiding in the corner. Pathetic.

HD banned the use of anything with the Rebel Flag on it a few years ago. Even restriced dealers from using it in any dealer logos on the backs of shirts. Don't think you'll see anything HD with that again! ;)

ADDED: Just noticed this was your 1st post! Strange first post, but let me welcome you to this great site! What'cha riding? One of them Reb Bikes? Well, enjoy this place! It's the chit!!! :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 07:11:24 PM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »

I got home and my book is here and got the same responce from my wife as others "what the hell did you buy now". She still says I had to pay for it because nothing is free.
It only costs $35,000 +

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2008, 07:18:36 PM »

It only costs $35,000 +
And it's printed on recycled paper-recycled from recycled gasket material.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.