Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Harley-Davidson Extended Service Contract (AKA) Continental Service Provider  (Read 19464 times)

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

• CVO1: 2012 SE7 (10/15/11)
    • CVO2: 2007 UC-110 SE
    • CVO3: 1965 FLH

Harley-Davidson Extended Service Contract (AKA) Continental Service Provider Extended Service Contract

If you are considering a Harley Davidson Extended Service Contract,
Here are some facts you should know;

The contract you are being solid is actually sold by Continental Service Provider (Continental Causality Company, 333 South Wabash Avenue, Chicago IL 60604 312-822-5000)
is a Licensee of Harley-Davidson. Than means they get a License Fee from Continental Service Provider to exclusively sell Extended Service Contracts with the Harley Davidson name attached.
You are not buying a ESC from Harley and Harley will not talk to you about it. If you want to hear it from the horses mouth: HD Customer Service 414-343-4056
The have hired CNA to Administer their claims.
Your contract says to call The Harley-Davidson Service Center at 1800-527-7665
This IS NOT Harley-Davidson it is CNA. They have a license to use the Harley Davidson’s name.

Harley-Davidson Customer Service is 414-343-4056

If your bike is COMPLETELY 100% stock they (Continental Causality Company )
will honor your claim after you or your dealer call CNA..

If your bike has a SERT (Screaming Eagle Race Tuner) or any other tuner,
they WILL NOT honor ANY claims.

No cams, heads, oil-pumps or tuners (not a complete list) that are not stock, basically ANY modification to the engine outside of stock configuration.

DO NOT believe your Dealer or Service Department about what they will cover. CNA is sending out inspectors to find reasons to deny claims. They recently denied a claim on my bike because it had an SERT. It was not even Dyno-tuned, it had a base MAP in it. They had the technician plug in to the computer and took a photo of the screen and black flagged my bike against ANY future claims for anything. I was less than 30 days into the warranty.

The warranty is good if you want to ride a stock bike. If not… don’t even consider it no matter what your Sales or Service Department tells you.

This is not a bad message if you ride a stock bike, if you modified it GOOD LUCK,,,, Just wanted you to know the Facts. Call the numbers above and you can verify this information.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II

Been there and done that with the factory warranty.

Unless the contract you signed specifically denies any covered because of modifications ...... fight 'em

My ESP contract, Part II section 9 - Non covered conditions, #14- YOUR MOTORCYCLE if it has been modified with any alteration to the power train ........... not approved by Harley Davidson.

Since HD sells the SERT - it must be an approved part.

I'm sure it is intentionally vague.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

I've used my extended warranty contract several times on the last two bikes.....with some of the modifications that you mention.  It's never been an issue. 

With the exception of the cam chain tensioners, I think every other time I used them (both here in Calif. and in Missouri) was for electrical problems.  Oh yea, and once for a tire.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

The factory w.....ty is void by doing any engine mods too. But your dealer usually works with ya. I think it'll always come down to who you're working with and what they present to HD/ins co for w.....ty purposes. You're always at the mercy of whoever's administering the w.....ty, unless you're bone stock! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

My ESP contract, Part II section 9 - Non covered conditions, #14- YOUR MOTORCYCLE if it has been modified with any alteration to the power train ........... not approved by Harley Davidson.

Since HD sells the SERT - it must be an approved part.

I'm sure it is intentionally vague.

Harley denotes the SERT as "RACE ONLY" not "Street Legal"

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

I've used my extended warranty contract several times on the last two bikes.....with some of the modifications that you mention.  It's never been an issue. 

Hello, hope you and yours are fine.

The local dealers do every thing for you they can on smaller items.

This was a complete engine (my 2nd complete engine)

Eventhough the after market warranty denied the claim,,, Harley-Davidson  :2vrolijk_21: stepped in and covered the complete engine. Harley has never let me down.

The "After Market" warranty is the problem not Harley 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Hello, hope you and yours are fine.

The local dealers do every thing for you they can on smaller items.

This was a complete engine (my 2nd complete engine)

Eventhough the after market warranty denied the claim,,, Harley-Davidson  :2vrolijk_21: stepped in and covered the complete engine. Harley has never let me down.

The "After Market" warranty is the problem not Harley 

We're doing fine....thanks for asking.  We haven't saw you around lately.....I hope all is good in your life.

As I recall (can never trust that  :-\ ) you had some pretty extensive engine mods done to your bike.  And I believe that they were done at Folsom HD (or one of the dealerships).  I would hope that they would stand behind it, if Harley hadn't.

Anyway, I'm happy for you that HD got behind it and all will be well for you on that end. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

As I recall (can never trust that  :-\ ) you had some pretty extensive engine mods done to your bike. 

There were not extensive mods. Basic Harley stuff; SERT, SE cams Kept it "safe" and within Harley Davidson. No after market stuff, no head work, milling, decking, no compression mods, gear drive etc....

There are bone stock 110"s failing all the time.

I want to stay on topic: The "After Market" (AKA Harley-Davidson licensee Continental Service Provider)  Extended Service Plan is the issue... not HD or how service is presenting stuff.

The Continental Service Provider Extended Service Plan  is "NOT AN OPTION" if you are going to tune your bile or even do slight mods. 
I told the warranty selling dealer what my bike had on it and he said not to worry.

He was wrong !!! and anyone considering an Extended Service Plan;

Should not by it if they plan to deviate from stock.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

Would someone mind posting a jpeg or PDF of Part II of the ESP. This contains all the Items that are covered and not covered, and the fine print. Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG

Would someone mind posting a jpeg or PDF of Part II of the ESP. This contains all the Items that are covered and not covered, and the fine print. Thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
Um - come on........ FTW........  ::)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

He!He! I got my reasons!!! ::) :P ;D ;D ;D ;)

Where's the PDF? :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

Hoist! 8)
Ok, here is the entire ESP from 2004 when I purchased my bike....

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

Page 2

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

Page 3

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 25 queries.