Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: tts mastertune  (Read 7028 times)

seroadglide

tts mastertune
« on: January 29, 2009, 06:11:55 PM »

Where is best place to buy?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: tts mastertune
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 06:17:55 PM »

You may want to check out our Vendor Discounts board currently we have two vendors offering discounts...

TTS V-Tuner Member Discount

Fullsac Performance is now a TTS Mastertune Dealer!

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

serghaven

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 07:49:29 PM »

Agreed, Fullsac is the place to go. I was going to buy mine from them until my dealer told me it would void my warranty to add the TTS tuner, SERT is okay though :nixweiss:

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 09:26:32 PM »

Agreed, Fullsac is the place to go. I was going to buy mine from them until my dealer told me it would void my warranty to add the TTS tuner, SERT is okay though :nixweiss:

I do not believe that's true about voiding the warranty. I know of several MoCo dealers that use the TTS product to tune bikes, since the TTS tuner is nothing more than an advanced SERT.

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 09:42:17 PM »

Where is best place to buy?

I can personally vouch for excellent service/support/price from Herko, who's a member here.  Contact him via:

http://www.flyingwperformance.com/

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 11:14:41 PM »

One of the exclusive features of the Mastertune is the ability to remove and restore the factory that has the Vin # associated with it. Once restored, any previous downloads are undetectable by the dealer. Once the Sert is used, the factory map is lost. Now you have a potential warranty issue. What your dealer was basically saying was, spend money with us and we will look the other way if there's a warranty issue. The dealer in the next town may not feel so obligated. Harleys description clearly says, "For racing use only".

SG
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:17:11 PM by Fullsac Perf »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

serghaven

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 10:35:47 AM »

Steve, I completely agree with what you said. In fact I called the Moco just now and asked them if installing a TTS would void my warranty. Of course they said yes it would. Then I asked them what if I installed a SERT? He told me that also would void my warranty. "we need to keep the bike where it will meet the epa standards". I understand that with the TTS I can remove the factory map. However, when I'm going cross country and have a problem then what? Is anyone else having these going through this pain?

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 11:13:32 AM »

Steve, I completely agree with what you said. In fact I called the Moco just now and asked them if installing a TTS would void my warranty. Of course they said yes it would. Then I asked them what if I installed a SERT? He told me that also would void my warranty. "we need to keep the bike where it will meet the epa standards". I understand that with the TTS I can remove the factory map. However, when I'm going cross country and have a problem then what? Is anyone else having these going through this pain?

You could put the disc contents, the stock map, and your active map on a small jump drive and take that and your dongle with you when you take a trip.  The cables are the same as the sert, so if you have the software and the dongle, any Harley shop you go that has a laptop and an internet connection can fix your bike. 

I realize that chit happens, but if you don't have that much faith in your bike, don't ride it across country.

Read this thread for more information about the Mastertune, and other options out there.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=31712.msg517568#msg517568
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:18:32 AM by Jbbrown73 »
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 11:15:04 AM »

There's always going to be a what if worse case senario. I'm no attorney, but the way I understand it, there's no single modification that "voids" an entire warranty. If you hang a nitrous bottle on the side of your bike and the speedo stops working, they are going to have to prove the nitrous caused the failure of the speedo to deny the warranty claim. The burden of proof is on them. If some hack remapps your bike and advances the timing 10 degrees accross the board and it pings and detonates untill the pistons are cracked, it would be very easy to associate the damage to the poor tune and deny the claim, as it should be, its not their fault. These motors are extreemly reliable, even modified, when tuned and cared for properly.
Stick with competent mechanics and tuners. Chances are slim you ever have a blown motor and a denied claim.

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 11:18:06 AM »

do you take trades, unused ssert and cables?? :D

I need a 2x er with factory map re-install capability (excellent feature)

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 11:20:35 AM »

I believe your sert cables are the same as the mastertune.  Doc 1, Steve Cole or somebody, please chime in here and tell me if i'm right or wrong.

You can probably get most of your money back on your ssert on Ebay.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 11:23:44 AM »

Here it is again! Read it! Unless the modification can be proven to cause the failure, they can not by law void your w.....ty. Not saying you won't be fighting with them idiots, but with the right ammo, they can't win this and will usually concede. But I ain't got time for that battle, just to win inferior work! That's not winning either in my book! STF!!! STW!!! & STD!!! ;)

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus01.shtm

http://www.lemon-law-explained.com/magnuson-moss-warranty-act.html

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 11:24:21 AM »

If you have a SERT which was made by TTS and resold by HD the cables are the same. IF you have a SESPT only the cable from the interface to the bike is the same.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 11:33:45 AM »

if i can usew the tts software, anyone can 8)

i was under the impression that with the tts installed the dt would not give it up :nixweiss:

not detectable is another story.  just trying to get my facts correct.

an excellent product :2vrolijk_21:

TN
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 05:31:55 PM by TN »
Wut the hell was that maneuver

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 01:14:30 PM »

where the warranty work issue vs modifications comes into play is NOT with magnusson - moss, its with epa.

the epa tampering rule is the one that causes the problem - epa tampering rules say that we cannot modify the engine, exhaust, intake, or fuel unless we are using epa approved components. 10k per violation per day is what is written... ewwww

its a federal law and is in effect in every state of the us. however the feds cant enforce it everywhere against everybody due to time and forces constraints - so what they do do is enforce against the mfg. hd has consistently sold products that violate the epa tampering statute. so the epa is pushing back - one of the ways is that hd cant warranty a racing motorcycle. if it has any race only parts on it its a legaly track bike for racing not a street bike. so no warranty.

the states all have laws that follow this regulation and all have a statement that race bikes cannot be titled, licensed, or registered for use on public roads.

where the difference comes is in enforcement - some states and some citys actually enforce the federal law as written. any jurisdiction can in fact, at will, without notice fine, pass on to epa for enforcement, harras, or confiscate said race bike when its caught on the street.

in practice almost nobody does - they have however written out dealer closing fines, especially in california.

there is as i see it no long term fix for any of this. the exemptions about building one non compliant bike for your own use in your lifetime are not very useful. all in all i think that those who really want power are going to have to get a vrod and the rest are going to have to either avoid driving where the cops really will enforce the law or just leave it stock.

of course, if you find a actual original panhead or early shovel frame & with a title - you can do anything you want, no restrictions.

just the way it is im afraid

to

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 24 queries.