Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Advice on new wheel chock  (Read 4078 times)

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Advice on new wheel chock
« on: March 20, 2009, 03:51:02 PM »

I'm looking into purchasing a wheel chock that will work as a stand alone and in my trailer. Any help would be greatly appreciated as there seems to be a number of them to pick from. I would consider a used one.

Thanks

Ray G. 

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
Re: Advice on new wheel chock
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 04:30:07 PM »

I have a Condor and really like it. Works in shop and in trailer as well. I bolted it to concrete floor to make it more secure, but it doesn't have to be.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 04:40:31 PM »

For my money, the ONLY one to consider is the Wheel Dock.

http://www.wheeldock.com/

I've tried almost all and nothing is as good!

Grizzly
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 05:43:09 PM »

I have a Condor and really like it. Works in shop and in trailer as well. I bolted it to concrete floor to make it more secure, but it doesn't have to be.

I second the Condor, can use on the floor in the garage, even use it on my Handy Lift. Can use in the back of a pick up and on a trailer. Ride on locks, get off bike without worrying about it tipping over, and for added safety use tie downs to make sure ti stay upright. Even though sometimes I have left the bike for days without tying down.

I would never use in a truck or trailer without tie-downs.

geezerglide

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 05:53:09 PM »

I'm with Grizzley, been using a Wheeldock for a while now and would not consider using anything else at this time.  Only I don't move mine around and have it bolted to my garage floor just for the peace of mind I enjoy

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 07:46:45 AM »

I have the Condor and love it.  I like the ability to have it in the garage as well as the trailer or other location.  I have not really looked into other products but this was one at a local bike fest and I was able to buy it right there and save on shipping.  Nice product and easy to use.

Topper
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 07:55:56 AM by 49445CVO »
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Kodiak

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 07:54:54 AM »

Wheeldock is great. I move mine from trailer to garage or anywhere it's needed. No need to bolt it down to the garage floor.
2012 Candy Cobalt Twilight Blue FLTRXSE, Vance & Hines Power Duals, 4" Rinehart's, SE Super Tuner, Mustang Super Solo with backrest &  passenger seat.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 12:53:22 PM »

I'm another vote for the Wheel Dock. Just used em bring two scooters home. Worked great!

JW

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 11:01:55 PM »

I use Wheel Pro chocks. Currently have two chocks and three plates mounted in teh trailer. I like them, well made and work well. Ride in step off tie down without assistance or worry of the bike falling over.

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Birdman

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 09:52:15 PM »

I also use the Condor.  Wouldn't use anything else. 

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 03:05:34 PM »

3rd on the Condor...everyone in our group have one or more
2000 FLTRSEI  3-ToneRed - sold
2003 FXSTDSE  Centennial Gold
2009 FLTRSE3  Silver/Titanium
2007 400-HP TRAILBLAZER SS TOW VEHICLE

...when it comes to buying toys, I can justify anything

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 05:33:32 PM »

I use titan moto cradle ,it clamps tire and will work as a stand alone or in a trailer and their is a listing in vendors discounts.Ride safe jdo

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 10:04:57 AM »

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the difference between the Condor and the Wheeldock so I'm needing more info from the well informed. It looks like the Condor will adjust to any size tire and the Wheeldock is made for a specific size but has shims or spacers to accommodate different sizes. I have only seen the Condor work at the vendor booth in Laconia last summer. Is one better than another for going from one size to another?

Thanks

Ray G.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 10:53:52 AM »

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the difference between the Condor and the Wheeldock so I'm needing more info from the well informed. It looks like the Condor will adjust to any size tire and the Wheeldock is made for a specific size but has shims or spacers to accommodate different sizes. I have only seen the Condor work at the vendor booth in Laconia last summer. Is one better than another for going from one size to another?

Thanks

Ray G.

I used the spacers for my Wheel Dock, they're easy to use. Just use the provided zip tie and the Nightster was in as snug as possible. With the Wheel Dock there's no rocking the bike in / out. Pull in to the unit and press the foot lever, get off. Other than that not a lot of differences. I got mine on a special around Christmas so price was the deciding factor. Both units seem to be quality units.

JW

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 12:20:53 PM »

Thanks

Ray G.

Hi Ray,

I actually purchased 2 Condor chocks for my trailer and found then very difficult to back the bikes out of the chocks, especially if the trailer was not on a level surface and then required a rocking motion to do so or getting off the bike and pushing it while standing at one side - not advisable at all!  The Condor uses a V shaped design so it fits all tire sizes by wedging the tire which may mark your sidewalls... Fortunately for me a friend already owned a Condor and was looking to buy two more.

The Wheeldock chock does NOT require a rocking motion to remove the bike from the chock due to its design of laying flat when support is released - see video of their website  www.wheeldock.com

Wheeldock makes 5 different sizes for various tire sizes and you only require the wedges if you're going to use the chock for different bikes with different tire sizes.  My wife and I have Electra Glides and Softails which are all 16" tires so there is no need for wedges for any of our bikes.

I have tried many chocks and have owned the Wheeldock since 2007 and for my money it's the best!  We've trailered all over North America without one concern and what is really great is that I can now load or unload a bike from our trailer on my own in less than 5 minutes - complete with strapping.

Hope this helps.

Grizzly
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 12:31:03 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 20 queries.