Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Dyno-numbers stock SERG  (Read 7010 times)

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
Dyno-numbers stock SERG
« on: May 27, 2009, 04:11:43 PM »

Have had the 5k service today and asked about the dynonumbers at the dealer .
 Now i am ashamed or angry or dissapointed or motivated - i do not really know what i am , here they are , messured at the rear wheel : 81 PS and 129 Nm 
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Dyno-numbers stock SERG
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »

Have had the 5k service today and asked about the dynonumbers at the dealer .
 Now i am ashamed or angry or dissapointed or motivated - i do not really know what i am , here they are , messured at the rear wheel : 81 PS and 129 Nm  

FYI: For those who are more familiar with the American nomenclature, this would translate to 79.9 HP and 95.1 LB-FT.

Highjagger, while those numbers might seem a little low compared to the numbers reported by folks here in the states, that doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with your bike.  Isn't the intake and exhaust different on the Euro spec bikes?  Also, what kind of dynomometer did your dealer use?

btw, the chart in the Screamin' Eagle catalog for the U.S. version 110 kit claims numbers of approximately 80 HP and 95 LB-FT.  Is this where the dealer got his information, or did he actually dyno your bike?  If he actually dyno'ed it, it appears he came up with exactly the same numbers Harley published for a totally stock and legal 110.

Jerry
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 05:08:40 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 07:49:09 PM »

FYI: For those who are more familiar with the American nomenclature, this would translate to 79.9 HP and 95.1 LB-FT.

Highjagger, while those numbers might seem a little low compared to the numbers reported by folks here in the states, that doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with your bike.  Isn't the intake and exhaust different on the Euro spec bikes?  Also, what kind of dynomometer did your dealer use?

btw, the chart in the Screamin' Eagle catalog for the U.S. version 110 kit claims numbers of approximately 80 HP and 95 LB-FT.  Is this where the dealer got his information, or did he actually dyno your bike?  If he actually dyno'ed it, it appears he came up with exactly the same numbers Harley published for a totally stock and legal 110.

Jerry
Makes me wonder too, aren't the numbers in the book from the crank and not the rear wheel? :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 10:00:54 PM »

Makes me wonder too, aren't the numbers in the book from the crank and not the rear wheel? :nixweiss:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

The numbers from the SE catalog are rear wheel dyno numbers Gary.  The torque number in the sales brochures are from the crank, and they don't give horsepower at all.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 10:03:53 PM »

The numbers from the SE catalog are rear wheel dyno numbers Gary.  The torque number in the sales brochures are from the crank, and they don't give horsepower at all.

Jerry
Ok, thanks. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 02:37:20 AM »

He dynoed it really , but i do not know what a dyno it is , he sent me the diagram , but it is a " bmp "-file and i am not able to attach it here at the board ( not allowed file ) .
@ Jerry , there is a Screaming Eagle catalogue with this numbers , i did not know this , where can i find this catalogue ? ( online ? )
Interesting that those listed numbers are exactly what my dealer dynoed allthough the exhaust-mufflers are totally different and the cores are very small here in germany ( the aircleaner is the same at the SERG 2009 ) . Calms me down again -thxs.

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 10:58:43 AM »

Those numbers are good for stock.Dont worry about them.Its already good enough for me but you can get your bike go 200 hp if you really wanted to.Thats what its all about.
Heres a link for you

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/Racing/screamin_eagle_parts.jsp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US&WebLogicSession=Kekf3jL0zjY5Mp0qBeMO3TsiLxs1lIyRmR8YTUKfoFCf5w26212P!-749494567!hiwpbmsp03.ihd.hd!7005!8005&HDCWPSession=srDJKpkpnlG044lWWgngVJTVv534gTZpvJv5dfxHBb1lJtv6L1ly!-873562961!153237694

This one can go 156 mph and holds landspeed record for baggers.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/105_1515.jpg

But again what is enough and how much power do you need is relative.I would be happy with 95-100 backtire and torque around 110-115 just because its relatively easy to do it.
I wouldnt touch the engine its not worthed just pipes and dyno is already enough for me. :drink:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:09:03 AM by altugo »
Ridin Legend

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 12:24:38 PM »

My idea was to leave it in stock condition - no problems with the law.
one is allways as fast as the slowest of the group - that`s the truth .

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 01:09:43 PM »

My idea was to leave it in stock condition - no problems with the law.
one is allways as fast as the slowest of the group - that`s the truth .

Hey highjagger i got good news for you.
Following link is Kesstech a german company that makes electronicly adjustable sounding muffler systems for 2009 screamin eagle road glides legal in Germany.
I know you love me now will be euros well spent hehehehe :drink: :drink: :drink:

http://www.kess-tech.de/en/index.php?cPath=5000_50915038
Ridin Legend

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 06:40:27 PM »

The Kess rob about 1800 Euros for this exhaust- is this your honest .
 I would be the first one tuning this amazing scooter if i would live in the US , but here in germany the prices and laws are driving one mad when one is thinking about .
No chance , leave it stock and enjoy life .
 A CVO is elitere enough , i don`t need a perfect one .
Life is to short to waste time with tuning a harley , when the MoCo is not able to satisfy their customers then fuc... off , that`s not my job .
I use it as a bike , that`s all .
I don`t need to be the fastest .
I love to ride it and use the time with my friends .
 Better i spend them a couple of drinks than having he best dynoed SERG ( where i am sitting alone ) .
 My 2 cents ,
But respect to all who figure out the very last of this awesome bike .
I love to read your performance-reports . ( and would have it on mine ) Hmmmmmmm ????

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 07:55:49 AM »

The Kess rob about 1800 Euros for this exhaust- is this your honest .
 I would be the first one tuning this amazing scooter if i would live in the US , but here in germany the prices and laws are driving one mad when one is thinking about .
No chance , leave it stock and enjoy life .
 A CVO is elitere enough , i don`t need a perfect one .
Life is to short to waste time with tuning a harley , when the MoCo is not able to satisfy their customers then fuc... off , that`s not my job .
I use it as a bike , that`s all .
I don`t need to be the fastest .
I love to ride it and use the time with my friends .
 Better i spend them a couple of drinks than having he best dynoed SERG ( where i am sitting alone ) .
 My 2 cents ,
But respect to all who figure out the very last of this awesome bike .
I love to read your performance-reports . ( and would have it on mine ) Hmmmmmmm ????

I wonder if its worth all the trouble either its already good enough for a harley.Its not a sports racing bike anyways.
Ridin Legend

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 08:49:13 AM »

Yepp , that`s it  ,  :2vrolijk_21:

rdlalf

• CVO1: 2009 CVO UC E-Glide, ruby red
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 01:21:16 PM »

The Kess-tech solution was also recommended by my dealer (€ 2000.- !!!). Is it worth the money ? Any experience out there ? Any other LEGAL European solution the is cheaper and increases power and torque significantly ?

Regards, Alfred

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »

The Kess is only legal when you run it in automatic , close at 50km/h and opens again at about 80km/h , when you run it open all the time then it is illegal too .
Also there is a advice from Kess that you should tune your engine when you run it full-throttle for a while .
I also heard about difficulties with the small actuators which opens and closes the mufflers and electronic faults .
 But i never had one , so perhaps the guys who have mounted a Kess at their bikes should answer your questions .
My favourite exhaust and legal , very good quality and ndividuel made for each bike by Herrn Schwarz im blackforest is AMC http://www.amc-pipes.de/

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 09:05:38 PM »

I wonder if its worth all the trouble either its already good enough for a harley.Its not a sports racing bike anyways.

Maybe you should ride with some of us in the mountains! It might change your statement  :2vrolijk_21:
a.k.a  Dent Dude
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 24 queries.