Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Helmet Cam  (Read 5581 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Helmet Cam
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 11:02:06 AM »

While this particular thread wasn't responded to back in 04 (wasn't a whole lot of us here back then), there are some very interesting posts from back then and a lot of really good information if you're new here and have a CVO that's an 04 or earlier.

I don't know about helmet mounted cams but I do know a guy that has a handle bar mount that has a stabalization built in to it.  The mount with a stabalizer and the camera with stabalization has made for some very nice videos of our trip to Az. three or four years ago.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 11:05:37 AM »

While this particular thread wasn't responded to back in 04 (wasn't a whole lot of us here back then), there are some very interesting posts from back then and a lot of really good information if you're new here and have a CVO that's an 04 or earlier.

I don't know about helmet mounted cams but I do know a guy that has a handle bar mount that has a stabalization built in to it.  The mount with a stabalizer and the camera with stabalization has made for some very nice videos of our trip to Az. three or four years ago.

Could you contact your guy and get us some details on that stabialization unit he's using?

:2vrolijk_21:

Wildrat

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 11:12:26 AM »

The people that make most of those digital clocks with temp and humidity sell a inexpensive camers that uses a sd memory card. I have one runs on two AA batteries and comes with a variety of cables. It takes pretty good video, but nothing like a real video camera. I will try to find the info on it and post it.

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 11:15:51 AM »

The people that make most of those digital clocks with temp and humidity sell a inexpensive camers that uses a sd memory card. I have one runs on two AA batteries and comes with a variety of cables. It takes pretty good video, but nothing like a real video camera. I will try to find the info on it and post it.

If it doesn't have some kind of stabilization electronics it would be pretty wortless for helmet / bike cam thought,.
 :oops:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 11:30:26 AM »

Could you contact your guy and get us some details on that stabialization unit he's using?

:2vrolijk_21:

Will do, besides have the stabalization built into it, it also has like a pistol grip and you can aim it where you'd like by just pulling the trigger and rotating it.

Admiral.....most cameras now days have the stablization built in however, with stabalization also built into the mount it's just an added (backup) feature for the more extreme conditions (pot holes, railroad tracks, dirt roads, etc.).

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wildrat

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 11:34:23 AM »

Here is the link for the camera I bought a few years ago. It has been updated a bit but it's the same camera. It's res is 640X480, which is good for web use. I like the camera, it is small, light and does what I needed it to do. As far as stabilization, I had no issue with it and the price was right. It's around 124 on their website. When I got the two I have they were under a hundred bucks.

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/product.asp?cid=8&scid=107&pid=824

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 11:37:28 AM »

Made the call.......he's at work.  Said he'll get it for me, soon as he gets home.

But I just did a google search, I think this is the one he has (the second photo looks like the one that he has):    http://www.cammount.com/camera_mount.htm

If that's not it and he sends me different info. I'll post it here.

West Coast GTG   

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 03:58:19 PM »

Here is the link for the camera I bought a few years ago. It has been updated a bit but it's the same camera. It's res is 640X480, which is good for web use. I like the camera, it is small, light and does what I needed it to do. As far as stabilization, I had no issue with it and the price was right. It's around 124 on their website. When I got the two I have they were under a hundred bucks.

http://www2.oregonscientific.com/shop/product.asp?cid=8&scid=107&pid=824

That camera was just on sale at Sam's Club for $48.  I took mine back because of quality on a big screen.
I've used a MiniDV with a home-made gun handle for left handed use. Keep it in a magnetic tank bag, and can get it up and running in just a few seconds, with left hand. Handy to shoot other riders, road in front, road in back, view to the side, or your own face   :coolblue:.  Even with stabilization, your arm 'suspension' helps, too.

You do need to be able to ride one-handed.  Upshifts without clutch no problem; downshifts, you plop the camera into the open bag pretty quick (plan ahead).  Got some fun footage on the Dragon with this setup, keeping my speed around 35 (weekday, no crowd).  Works pretty good... in rain, not so much.  Cigar smoke clouding the picture? Nah...never been an issue.

Had a lightweight (cheap) handlebar mount for a while, but pic was too shaky.  Then it went and broke just as we were heading down the old gravel railbed off the Blue Ridge couple years ago; almost kissed that camera bye-bye. Couldn't hand-hold on that trail though, so a helmet mount would have been good.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's not the smartest thing to do, but that's me. And, when filming from farther back in a group, some viewers have seen some dumb things they've done, like riding the center line.  Or holding a camera while riding.  :D

:-Jerry
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 08:15:05 PM »

To the videos above:  Well done.

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 09:54:41 PM »

Here's what I use...gotta love that duct tape! :2vrolijk_21: Since this picture I've had to relocate the position of camcorder on the helmet. Needed to locate a little further back on helmet. With me having to compensate for leaning forward to keep the weight on the front of bike to keep the front end on the ground...those of you with engine work know where I'm coming from!!! :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 09:55:46 PM »

Front view :2vrolijk_21:

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 10:14:37 PM »

How does your helmet cam work when you travel under one of those highway overpasses with a max height limit?  That's the only problem I could see...

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 10:22:24 PM »

Here's what I use...gotta love that duct tape! :2vrolijk_21: Since this picture I've had to relocate the position of camcorder on the helmet. Needed to locate a little further back on helmet. With me having to compensate for leaning forward to keep the weight on the front of bike to keep the front end on the ground...those of you with engine work know where I'm coming from!!! :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:
:2vrolijk_21: When this thread was brought up again you know that was the first thing I thought about. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 10:42:10 PM »

How does your helmet cam work when you travel under one of those highway overpasses with a max height limit?  That's the only problem I could see...

I learned to duck! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 10:57:24 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: When this thread was brought up again you know that was the first thing I thought about. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I had to go thru it to make sure you didn't already post it! :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 25 queries.