Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: pull back risers for fxstsse3 can you help?  (Read 6051 times)

Mark Davies

• Life... for a limited time only!

• CVO1: cvo fxstsse3
pull back risers for fxstsse3 can you help?
« on: June 19, 2009, 03:06:56 PM »

Hi guys,
 Im trying to find a set of risers that will allow me to keep the stock cables but lift and bring the std bars back a bit closer to me on my '09 springer... I see wild one has a set called the wo531 chubby pull back risers - has anyone fitted these yet and if so how do they work/look? Also any other suggestions?

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: pull back risers for fxstsse3 can you help?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 03:19:43 PM »

Mark these are for standard 1" handle bars, they wont fit your bike, i think i am right that you have 1 1/4" dia bars

Mark Davies

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 05:16:55 PM »

Ah, thanks Nigel, I wondered if they were but couldnt see any diameter mentioned!
yes mine are 1 1/4 inch - Its back to the drawing board again then lol

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 05:47:27 PM »

I had the Wild1 WO531 springer risers and Wild1 WO510 handlebars on my 08' CVO Springer. I have since traded it in on my SERG. I really liked the set-up with the stock seat. I put a Corbin seat on and the seat moved me forward and I thought the handlebars had too much pullback with this set-up. Here are a few pictures so you can see how it looked. FYI: I had to change out the cables, I think they were +2.

Mark Davies

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 06:02:28 PM »

thanks for that...great pics too.... so were the wild1 bars 1 " bars? or did you order risers that could take 1 1/4" bars?

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 08:02:54 PM »

Wild1 handlebars are 1-1/4" diameter. I think the Wild1 risers have an adapter available for 1" handlebars if I remember correctly.

fatboy se

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 10:52:50 PM »

Drag Spec.  has a set of pullback risers for the 1 1/4 bars

Quiet Pro

• Live Free & Ride Hard

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3, Black Diamond & Emerald Flames
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 08:59:25 AM »

GUILTY, I see that you have a mini-tach mounted on your handlebars/risers.  I am having a problem mounting one on my 09 springer because the bars are 1 1/4" and harley down't make a mount for a 2 5/8" mini-tach that fits that diameter bars.  How did you get yours on there with the aftermarket bars?  Were you able to find a mount somewhere other than H-D?  If so, could you let me know.  This setback is keeping me from mounting a really nice looking, matching tach on my ride.  Thanks.

2009 FXSTSSE3
V & H Big Radius 2-in-2 Pipes
Power Commander

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 01:07:12 PM »

GUILTY, I see that you have a mini-tach mounted on your handlebars/risers.  I am having a problem mounting one on my 09 springer because the bars are 1 1/4" and harley down't make a mount for a 2 5/8" mini-tach that fits that diameter bars.  How did you get yours on there with the aftermarket bars?  Were you able to find a mount somewhere other than H-D?  If so, could you let me know.  This setback is keeping me from mounting a really nice looking, matching tach on my ride.  Thanks.

The tach was a stock accessory on the 08' CVO Springer.

J.P.

• Black is the new chrome

• CVO1: 09 FXSTSSE3,
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 02:52:59 AM »

I ended up using dog bone style risers, but as with most anything that is going to pull back over the tank is going to have to be at least a 5 or a 6" rise, to clear the bars from coming in contact with the tank. U will need cables and housing.
If you are doing all that you might as well match up a new set of bars! You are 3/4 the way there.

Bingo

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 08:25:19 AM »

Uncle Pauly there is a combination Speedo/Tacho  with a brushed aluminum finish that fits straight in and replaces the stock speedo on the 09 springer. I don't know the part number but check out the Harley catalog. I know it doesn't say in the catalog that it fits and no-one at Harley could answer so I took a punt and ordered one and it fitted no worries (doesn't fit the 08 springer as dash profile is too low) . Looks stock too. Then you wont have anything sitting on top of your bars, nice and clean!
Bingo
2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond & Emerald Ice Flames
V&H Big Radius 2-2,SERT

Mark Davies

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 04:12:34 AM »

I ended up using dog bone style risers, but as with most anything that is going to pull back over the tank is going to have to be at least a 5 or a 6" rise, to clear the bars from coming in contact with the tank. U will need cables and housing.
If you are doing all that you might as well match up a new set of bars! You are 3/4 the way there.
Thanks JP you're probably right...looking at the wild1 set up now  :2vrolijk_21:

SKY

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 08:34:26 AM »

Hello,
   I am brand new to the forum and my name is Eric. I live in North Carolina and I own a 2009 FXSTSSE#, candy cobalt blue. I just wanted to let you know that I put the Wild1 Chubby W0565 pullback drag bars on my bike. Shelton's Harley Davidson in Durham, N.C. did the work. I took 2.5 hours of labor and they did not have to change any cables whatsoever or splice any internal wiring. They are just great! I will try and post you a picture this weekend. Good luck!

Mark Davies

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 09:37:31 AM »

Does anyone know if the softail heavy breather kit has changed from 06 to the latest one in the parts book which lists it as an 08 item?...they look the same to me...Rang the local stealer...who didnt have a clue??!!

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 12:32:37 PM »

if u mean the forward facing air filter fitted as standard on usa springers it was only introduced in 08
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.576 seconds with 24 queries.