Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lyndall Carraigeless Rotors for SERKs, SERGs, and.....!  (Read 2113 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Lyndall Carraigeless Rotors for SERKs, SERGs, and.....!
« on: July 29, 2009, 02:24:24 PM »

Thought I'd share this with youze that hate the HD V-Rod style rotors on the SERKs, SERGs and other HD's these days! ;)

I've got some good news! There are finally quality replacement rotors available for the crappy V-Rod style HD rotors for the bikes that use this style rotor, like the SERK and SERG. They're SS rotors from Lyndall Racing Brakes (LRB). Not available until August, they're a definite add to Cybil for sure. Here's the email dialog between myself and Lyndall! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

"Subject: Lyndall Carriage-less SS Rotors
Hey gang, how are you guys doing? Howie here from NYC and the CVO forum. I talked to you guys in Cinci in Feb. about you making Lyndall carriage-less SS and Ceramic rotors for the '07/'08 Screamin' Eagle Road King, that bolt directly to the wheel-no center carriage (V-Rod style). They use this style rotor on many FLH/T's now, including the Screamin' Eagle Road Glide. You stated you were planning to make these, and had replacement bolts/buttons for mounting them as well. Any luck with this yet? I want to use them with the PM 6-piston DB Calipers F and PM 4-piston DB Calipers R, on my '07 SE Road King, to replace the crappy stock rotors. I was planning to use the SS ones. Are they available yet?

Thanks a lot.
Howie

Subject: RE: Lyndall Carriage-less SS Rotors
Howie,

We have completed the rotors for your bike. We are currently back ordered on them until the end of August.

Please let us know how we can be of service.
Thank you for choosing Lyndall Racing Brakes!!

Best regards, Paul

Cool Paul, thanks. I'll be ordering them thru our shop, North Shore Motorcycles. Adam will probably be contacting you. Should I let the WORLD know you've got these type of SS rotors available for the SERK's and SERG's now? When should we place the order? Do you have the Lyndall mounting hardware/buttons to replace the stock stuff too, like you said at the show? Thanks a lot Paul!

Howie

PLEASE, let the world know !! We have discontinued the bolts as the stock ones will work, and no one wanted to pay the premium for titanium hardware.
We will re-visit the hardware for this application in stainless steel, for affordability reasons. Place your order anytime as these should be available by end of August. Tell Adam and everyone there Hi for us! Also let us know what size shirt you are wearing and we will send some out.

Best regards, Paul"

Lyndall Racing Brakes These are not shown on their website yet!

Hoist! :coolblue:

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Lyndall Carraigeless Rotors for SERKs, SERGs, and.....!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 10:38:55 PM »

Paul is a good guy with a great product. I had the pistons stick in stock calipers a few years ago and wear a set of Lyndall Z-plus pads out on one edge in about 7K miles. I showed them to him and he replaced them for free, even though it was not his fault.
Good guy.

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 10:39:42 PM »

How much were the S/S ones for a SERG?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 10:50:28 PM »

How much were the S/S ones for a SERG?

He didn't give me pricing. Should be the same rotors as the SERK I imagine. I'll be checking and post it for youze! :2vrolijk_21:

I have a Roadwinder Floating Rotor on the rear, and I'll prolly leave that alone. If I had the stock rear rotor, I'd prolly go with the Lyndall there too. ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 10:29:48 AM »

Once you get pricing and info,  I be very intrested...

So lets see...  Got rid of the crap air shocks,  going to do the AK-20's and now the brakes.... I bought a CVO why?? :nixweiss:

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 10:15:04 AM »

Any update on the SS rotors?
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 11:52:51 AM »

I haven't checked recently. I was gonna check soon, as this will be some of my winter work. I'll have the rear wheel off to do the IDS anyway. As soon as I get info from Lyndall, I'll post it here! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 05:01:54 PM »

I just got off the phone with Paul from LRB. They had some delays in making these rotors. However, they also made some changes to the initial design. Seems that someone wanted to order MANY of these in SS. So they were gonna offer them in SS only. That deal never went thru, and will now only be offered in "composite", but the price point won't be too bad, around $400 each list. They are a different design than stock. They won't be a totally "carriageless" design like the stockers, but will be completely floating, unlike the stockers. There will be a barely visible "carriage" that will mount the rotor to the wheel. The rotor be completely floating around their internal carriage. You'll use the stock rotor mounting bolts to mount them. Should be a simple replacement. They plan on showing them at the V-Twin Expo in Cincy. I plan on meeting him there. I might even try to get a set before Cincy, as I wanted to do these as part of my winter work. We'll see when he's ready with them I guess. That's the latest and greatest on these LRB Rotors! ;)

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 09:45:36 PM »

Also let us know what size shirt you are wearing and we will send some out.

Don't forget the complimentary t shirt Howie   :cherry:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:48:01 PM by OhioDave »

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 20 queries.