Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: Lurkers Welcome!  (Read 47001 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Lurkers Welcome!
« on: December 06, 2005, 01:19:32 PM »

[highlight]Post in this NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTION discussion board because this is probably where most of the lurkers go first. [/highlight] Lurker = A person who comes and views but doesn't generally post.....for whatever reason.

If you are new to this site or have been here for awhile and have just not posted......we'd like to welcome you to this site and ask you to just introduce yourself (user name is good enough for us) and tell us a little about you.......whatever you'd like for us to know.  Where are you from?  What do you ride?  Not a CVO Owner?  That's fine, you're welcome here, anyway!

I'm not a lurker but just to get it rolling, I'll kick it off:

I'm J.C. (JCZ on the site) from Sacramento and I ride an 04 Screamin Eagle Electra Glide, blue and black, of course.  I also happen to be a Global Moderator on this site so if you have any questions or if I can be of any help, shoot me a PM (private message) or just ask it right here in this thread.

I look forward to meeting some of you lurkers on here! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 07:17:48 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
Re: Lurkers Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 02:00:15 PM »

Oops JC I lurked over. My bad. I will leave now . Out into cyber space. Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 02:59:56 PM »

Guilty as charged (lurker) and thanks for the welcome.  I picked up a used 05 red cherry CVO Electraglide back in early October with 6700 miles.  The former owner bought an 06 autumn haze Ultra..  I have been so busy reading/learning that I have not needed to post.
It came with Rineharts and chrome inner primary.  I took off the Rineharts (I can hear the cringes) and put the stock touring exhaust back on.  Even with the quiet baffles, they were too loud for my tastes.  I have since added Dragonwings, saddlebag and tourpack lights, and have a windshield with Eurolip ordered from Clearview windshields.  I also added the Hogtunes and wired my driving lights to work with hi or low beams while the fairing was off.
I previously rode an 03 Fatboy and the Electraglide rides and handles so much better.
I appreciate the welcome and all the information I have received from Forum members on different topics and will post when I can ask a question or add to someone else's response.
By the way, I'm from Columbus, Ohio.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 11:12:28 AM by Boatman »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 03:15:27 PM »

Guilty as charged (lurker) and thanks for the welcome.  I picked up a used 05 red cherry CVO Electraglide back in early October with 6700 miles.  The former owner bought an 06 autumn haze Ultra..  I have been so busy reading/learning that I have not needed to post.
It came with Rineharts and chrome inner primary.  I took off the Rineharts (I can hear the cringes) and put the stock touring exhaust back on.  Even with the quiet baffles, they were too loud for my tastes.  I have since added Dragonwings, saddlebag and tourpack lights, and have a windshield with Eurolip ordered from Clearview windshields.  I also added the Hogtunes and wired my driving lights to work with hi or low beams while the fairing was off.
I previously rode an 03 Fatboy and the Electraglide rides and handles so much better.
I appreciate the welcome and all the information I have received from Forum members on different topics and will post when I can ask a question or add to someone else's response.

Thanks Boatman (there are several boatmen on here) and welcome to the site. [smiley=drink.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 03:19:42 PM »

........ and have a windshield with Eurolip ordered from Clearview windshields........  

Welcome boatman, lets see some pics of the windshield when you get it on!

hdhiwayman

• Junior CVO Member
  • The nut between the handle bars and the saddle
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 08:09:21 AM »

I lurked for a few days then just started popsting right in there, Please excuse my manners (or lack thereof). My name is Carl Winsett. I live in Rockford Ill. I currently ride a stunning black 2002 Road King. I have an 06 Autum Haze on order Due in Jan. I am a life long rider I am not a newbie, or a RUB or a 1%er. Started on a Western Auto mini bike when I was 8 and went from there thru Hondas, Kawasaki, and Harleys. My preferred methosd of trans port is 2 wheels. I'll ride in any conditions as long as there is no salt on the roads. (gotta draw the line somewhere.) I really enjoy this site, I'm on in several times a day. I find it informative and entertaining.  I hope to be and active and enjoyable member of this site. Thank you.
2006 SE Autum Haze
Freedom Power package
A little bling bling
2002 Road King
Stage 2: Andrews cams w/Rineharts true duals and DFO
Too much to list
Yes I am a chromeaholic

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 09:35:14 AM »

Hey, another member from the frozen tundra that is Illinois.  Welcome, hdhiwayman!  Eagle1, who joined recently, is from there also.  Let's all try and hook up sometime this summer!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 10:50:27 AM »

Welcome to the site HDhiwayman! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

West Coast GTG   

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 10:52:18 AM »

My name is Carl Winsett. I live in Rockford Ill. I currently ride a stunning black 2002 Road King. I have an 06 Autum Haze on order Due in Jan.

Hi Carl, welcome to the club, congrats on the new bike. i am from rockford as well, up in the loves park area. did you get your new bike from kegel's, were you at the owner orientation dinner they just had on tue dec. 8, maybe i saw you there.

cheers  [smiley=drink.gif]
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 12:03:23 PM »

I sure am happy to know that lurkers are welcome...I've been a member for a year, and I'm still primarily a lurker...just don't much have the gift of gab I guess.  Anyway, I'm on here "lurking" most every day...just reading, learning, and enjoying some of the "jabs" thrown by others.  It's just entertaining to me.  I'm planning to go to the fall '06 gathering so that I can meet some of the "nuts" on here.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 12:23:56 PM »

JCZ, you had a very good idea here.  Welcome to all those that have been encouraged to find your evoices.  Look forward to meeting you in person at one event or another.  Sounds great.  :D

hdhiwayman

• Junior CVO Member
  • The nut between the handle bars and the saddle
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 12:53:17 PM »

EAGLE1
Yes I bought at Kegels, and no I wasn't at the dinner. but I was at the S.E. seminar and th champagne party. I'm always up for a ride and a cold  [smiley=drink.gif]  ;D
2006 SE Autum Haze
Freedom Power package
A little bling bling
2002 Road King
Stage 2: Andrews cams w/Rineharts true duals and DFO
Too much to list
Yes I am a chromeaholic

jachin72

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 01:04:52 PM »

JCZ, this is a great idea.  I'm Steve Roberts.  Been lurking and learning here since June while I was haggling over on old friend's (now mine) 2003 SERK.  It's in immaculate condition and I have no regrets dropping the big bucks to own it.  I live near Fresno, CA.  Since buying the SERK, my wife and I have put over 4,000 miles on the clock, including a quick round trip to Phoenix and back over the Columbus Day weekend.  This is bike number 11 and my first Harley.  I come here every night after work and read for about an hour the goings on and have learned a bunch about my new ride.  I have PM'd a few folks on here and their reception has made me feel at home.  Special thanks to JCZ, I passed your PM directly to my friend who was T-boned in July, and he just completed the last (hopefully) of 13 surgeries on his leg; to 2lane, for letting me in and helping me through the RideStr8 and Patch group buys; to Nasty Habit for the pix of your Zepplin and other ideas now on my wish list.

While in the learning/receive mode, I won't have much to say, but definitely enjoy the obvious camaraderie and expertise among the folks here.  Thanks to all for the education.  I look forward to seeing as many of you as I can in the future.

Steve

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 02:34:50 PM »

JCZ, this is a great idea.  I'm Steve Roberts.  Been lurking and learning here since June while I was haggling over on old friend's (now mine) 2003 SERK.  It's in immaculate condition and I have no regrets dropping the big bucks to own it.  I live near Fresno, CA.  Since buying the SERK, my wife and I have put over 4,000 miles on the clock, including a quick round trip to Phoenix and back over the Columbus Day weekend.  This is bike number 11 and my first Harley.  I come here every night after work and read for about an hour the goings on and have learned a bunch about my new ride.  I have PM'd a few folks on here and their reception has made me feel at home.  Special thanks to JCZ, I passed your PM directly to my friend who was T-boned in July, and he just completed the last (hopefully) of 13 surgeries on his leg; to 2lane, for letting me in and helping me through the RideStr8 and Patch group buys; to Nasty Habit for the pix of your Zepplin and other ideas now on my wish list.

While in the learning/receive mode, I won't have much to say, but definitely enjoy the obvious camaraderie and expertise among the folks here.  Thanks to all for the education.  I look forward to seeing as many of you as I can in the future.

Steve

Steve, you're just not that far for the Easyrider Show and a great weekend with a bunch of members from this site (this will be our third year of getting together at this event).......be sure to check out this link............  http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1130371485

West Coast GTG   

electraglideclyde

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • GA

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 02:52:55 PM »

Thanks for the invite. I heard about this site from a friend at our H.O.G. officer's meeting last night.
 I have an Autumn Haze on order. Ship date is Jan. 4. This will be my third Ultra and my first CVO.
 I have been lusting over the CVO's since the Road Glide, but being an avid Ultra owner, I just couldn't make the switch. Then it happened. I saw the SE Ultra on the MOCO website and I knew it was a lost cause. I have sold the V-Rod and my '01 Ultra is for sale. If I had any minor children I would have sold them too!!
Hair of the Dog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 24 queries.