Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: E3-diamond-fire-spark-plug  (Read 8044 times)

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
E3-diamond-fire-spark-plug
« on: September 08, 2009, 03:27:13 PM »

Has anyone tried these new E3 Diamond Fire spark Plugs in a 2009 CVO 110" motor? I saw them on Hoursepower TV and they claimed a HP gain on an engine dyno. I was thinking of trying a set and wondered if anyone had experience with them? Thanks!

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: E3-diamond-fire-spark-plug
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 03:50:26 PM »

Has anyone tried these new E3 Diamond Fire spark Plugs in a 2009 CVO 110" motor? I saw them on Hoursepower TV and they claimed a HP gain on an engine dyno. I was thinking of trying a set and wondered if anyone had experience with them? Thanks!

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/

HPTV seems to promote Snake Oil Products, so I don't pay any attention to ANYTHING they try to promote anymore! And every fancy plug I've tried seems to have some issue or another. I now stick with standard plugs in these dinosaur style engines! Can't see a plug doing anything better for our motors  ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 03:54:33 PM »

Like Howie said..... Go w/the plugs that are recommended in your manual. I don't even use the SE plugs... just money wasted that I could spend on chrome. ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

gscgsc

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 04:34:12 PM »

I just installed them last week, bike running great so far. $5.99 ea at Advanced Auto. Starts quick!
Greg Carroll
2007 FLHTCUSE2

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 07:12:53 AM »

If there was a product that increased power or mileage with just unscrewing one and putting another on it would be on every vehicle made. 
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 08:49:36 AM »

I love reading ads for the various and sundry "better mousetrap" products out there.  Throw in some big scientific sounding words (even though many of them have nothing to do with combustion in an internal combustion engine), and we're supposed to be so impressed we just rush right out to hand them some money.

One thing they did get right, it takes less energy to create a spark from one sharp edge to another.  So if you have a marginal ignition system with a coil that barely fires the stock plugs, this could help reduce misfires.  Thus the real intended use for these plugs, lawnmowers and similar products.  That is what they were marketed for initially, not auto's or motorcycles that have high output ignition systems.  And btw, once those sharp edges erode, which they all do eventually, you are right back to square one.  I didn't see anything about using platinum or iridium to reduce that erosion.

The only thing a spark plug does is to initiate the fuel burn.  Once the mixture is ignited, all the BS in the various ads for various types of plugs is just that, BS.  Once the E3 proves to be nothing special, try the PulseStar.  Really impressive ads, once again throwing around scientific terms that don't apply, but at around $20-$25 versus only $6 for the E3 you just know they have to be a whole lot better.

Jerry

Oh, btw, you probably will notice a slight difference immediately after replacing old plugs with the new E3.  Of course, you will also notice a difference when replacing an old plug with a brand new version of the same plug.  Let us know how you're doing when you hit the 100,000 mile mark they mention in the ad.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 09:12:26 PM »

I have used these plugs for about 9 or 10 months with good
results. Can't claim the HP increase, (would probably have to
put on dyno to tell the difference) but I do get better mileage
with them and they were about the same price as stock plugs.

Mark

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 12:07:24 PM »

I put the plugs in and the bike runs good. Have not had any over the road riding to check gas milage. I have been busy burning up the back roads and wasting gas! I probably fell for the hype which I often do! I am a High Tech person who reads way too much stuff on the net. I guess you never know until you try. I will see how it does on my next road trip. Hopefully this weekend. I will keep you posted!  Face Out!
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 12:11:11 PM »

Don't need no stinking spark plugs.  I've been known to say things in public that are so shocking I can just speak to a cylinder and make the mixture fire. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 12:33:57 PM »

Don't need no stinking spark plugs.  I've been known to say things in public that are so shocking I can just speak to a cylinder and make the mixture fire.  

In a couple of weeks need you to come over & yell at a lawnmower. Or I'll just hold a phone next to it with your sparky words flowing from the earpiece.   Thanks in advance.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 04:12:11 PM »

Don't need no stinking spark plugs.  I've been known to say things in public that are so shocking I can just speak to a cylinder and make the mixture fire. 

I've got a weed wacker that needs a good talking to as well. Got a blister pulling the start cord this past weekend :oops: ;D

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 04:51:19 PM »

Like everyone is saying just stick with a regular quality plug, and change regularly. The crisp sharp edges are going to give you a better spark. I put iridium plugs in the Lincoln LS, because you have to remove the intake to remove the plugs on the one side, so they didn't get changed as often.

Craig

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 05:21:46 PM »

Like everyone is saying just stick with a regular quality plug, and change regularly. The crisp sharp edges are going to give you a better spark. I put iridium plugs in the Lincoln LS, because you have to remove the intake to remove the plugs on the one side, so they didn't get changed as often.

Craig

(Being the lazy bastard that I basically am) I don't mind the long service intervals on iridium, platinum or other plugs.  Except for the obvious problem.  Leave the damn things in too long I worry about them seizing to the head.  So even if I did run a plug like that in the bike to extend the service interval I'd still crack it loose occasionally and retighten.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 05:23:15 PM »

I've got a weed wacker that needs a good talking to as well. Got a blister pulling the start cord this past weekend :oops: ;D

In a couple of weeks need you to come over & yell at a lawnmower. Or I'll just hold a phone next to it with your sparky words flowing from the earpiece.   Thanks in advance.

Remote starting bad behaving lawn and garden equipment.  Hmm.....  Might have found a new gig here 8) .

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 05:28:53 PM »

Remote starting bad behaving lawn and garden equipment.  Hmm.....  Might have found a new gig here 8) .

Not to burst your entrepreneurial spirit but yelling only works if its red.

:nixweiss:                                                                                 :nixweiss:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 25 queries.