Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Kury GPS Fuel Door - Installed Pics  (Read 12399 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Kury GPS Fuel Door - Installed Pics
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2009, 02:09:01 PM »

Thanks Gary. I'll give them a call in the morning.

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2009, 03:47:03 PM »

I like the handlebar mount better 'cause you don't have to take your eyes as far from where they should be.Only problem is it blocks the air temp.that's not much use anyway.JMHO
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2009, 04:10:03 PM »

I like the handlebar mount better 'cause you don't have to take your eyes as far from where they should be.Only problem is it blocks the air temp.that's not much use anyway.JMHO
I mounted mine so I can still see the extreme right side of the air temp. gauge which is where the needle stays anyway.  :sauer005: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2010, 02:59:43 AM »

Could someone that has this fuel door mount tell me if the replacement fuel door is convex shaped like the original?  I was thinking of mounting a powerlet outlet in the fuel door then I could just plug it in and pull it out to remove the whole unit and hopefully use a quick disconnect mount from Techmounts on the Kuryakyn unit so I could quickly take the GPS off.  Don't know exactly how I'd get the Techmount quick change to fit on the Kuryakyn unit, but figured it might be possible some way.  Anyway to do this I would need at least an 1" clearance under the fuel door and if it's convex like the original then I should have it-but if they made it flat then I probably wouldn't.
TIA
Steve

RetSUBLDO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '13 FLHRSE - sold
    • CVO3: '10 FLHTCUSE - sold
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2010, 06:08:07 AM »

"Could someone that has this fuel door mount tell me if the replacement fuel door is convex shaped like the original?"

Yes the door is convex like the stock door.
Eric

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2010, 02:53:53 PM »

I ordered all the parts to mount my 550 on the Kuryakyn fuel door mount with a Techmount quick disconnect and a powerlet outlet mounted in the fuel door so I can hide all the wiring and quickly remove the gps.  Actually I ordered all the parts that I THINK will allow me to do this with some fabrication.  Don't know for sure if I can get it all to work but I think I can.  I liked the location of the fuel door mount better than a handlebar mount--especially since the SERG has a hydraulic clutch and I'm hoping that there might be less vibration on the top of the fuel tank
   If I ever get it all together I'll try to post some pic's on here.
Steve
Steve

Quik2

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG B/B
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2010, 04:27:28 PM »

Great looking install !! I put mine on with the H-D left side handle bar mount it attaches with the control bolts ran the wire down with the clutch hose.I sent mine out and had it chromed 1st though.

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2010, 02:56:32 AM »

I ordered all the parts to mount my 550 on the Kuryakyn fuel door mount with a Techmount quick disconnect and a powerlet outlet mounted in the fuel door so I can hide all the wiring and quickly remove the gps.  Actually I ordered all the parts that I THINK will allow me to do this with some fabrication.  Don't know for sure if I can get it all to work but I think I can.  I liked the location of the fuel door mount better than a handlebar mount--especially since the SERG has a hydraulic clutch and I'm hoping that there might be less vibration on the top of the fuel tank
   If I ever get it all together I'll try to post some pic's on here.
Steve

Here's my installation with the Powerlet for the power.  When we're not traveling I'll probably take it off and put the stock fuel door back on.  I used a techmount quick disconnect with it also so I can remove the whole mount for overnights where it might be raining, but when just stopping for a while I can just pop it out of the regular mount and take it with me or put it in the saddlebag.
Steve

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member

Another Pic
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2010, 02:59:24 AM »

Another pic of mount
Steve

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member

Another Pic---Need a cover for this
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2010, 03:01:31 AM »

All I need now is a quick cover for this plate for when it's off the mount.  Had to drill some more holes to mount it all.
Steve
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 24 queries.