Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what to look for when purchasing 2008 cvo springer  (Read 1551 times)

seltaeb

• Junior CVO Member
what to look for when purchasing 2008 cvo springer
« on: March 06, 2010, 01:08:31 AM »

I would appreciate any suggestions when looking at a used 2008 cvo springer. maybe you can get me pointed in the right direction. any hidden money pits? you folks on this site look like pro's when it comes to this topic. do they have solo seats for these bikes? thanx again.Frank

Harpoon

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE2
Re: what to look for when purchasing 2008 cvo springer
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 04:30:23 AM »

Hi there, and Welcome to this site!

When I started looking for my FXSTSSE2, there were a couple of things that I learned along the way:

*Make sure that all the recalls have been done.
*Check for rust spots in the paint (common problem)
*Check Service history, and make sure the warranty is still OK.
* If it´s tuned, it should be tuned with SERT or SEST, to be sure warranty is upheld.
I don´t know if there is a solo seat available for stock fender.
Other than that I can only say that it is a great looking bike with endless of options if You plan to do some mods later on.

Good Luck
/John
2008 CVO Springer

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: what to look for when purchasing 2008 cvo springer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:10:20 AM »

I would appreciate any suggestions when looking at a used 2008 cvo springer. maybe you can get me pointed in the right direction. any hidden money pits? you folks on this site look like pro's when it comes to this topic. do they have solo seats for these bikes? thanx again.Frank

Nope.....owning a motorcycle is like owning a boat.....a very well known and obvious money pit! :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 24 queries.