Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clear Bra Protection - Anyone Use It?  (Read 3474 times)

Musclehead

Clear Bra Protection - Anyone Use It?
« on: May 31, 2010, 05:12:55 PM »

Anyone tried a clear bra product like 3M, Venture Shield or Avery Nanofusion to protect their intricate CVO paint? I have Venture Shield on my Corvette and have been pleased with the results. My front fender and batwing have taken a beating on other bikes due to rocks, sand, etc. I hate to see the CVO paint receive the same abuse. I checked with my local installer and he has patterns for the Ultra Classic.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
Re: Clear Bra Protection - Anyone Use It?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 06:11:09 PM »

Give Michael D a shout. He is on this site and everyone is VERY pleased with the film and the leval of service. Below is a post from him with contact info.

I have read most of these posts regarding protective film.  This subject began with a customer testimony regarding Motorcycle Armor, a product that is custom engineered to cover and protect Harley Davidson touring model saddlebag lids.  We did a custom install on a CVO belonging to Mark Bierle, a member of this site and a CVO owner in Sturgis.  Somehow it was diverted to 3M protective film.  Motorcycle Armor is not 3M film.  It is a proprietary product with patents pending, owned by Motorcycle Armor. 

The adhesive in MA film contains similar chemicals as the clear coat applied to paint finishes, less the hardeners.  The result of using MA is that it not only protects the surfaces, it effectively  "repairs" exiting scuffs and minor scratches . .  resulting in a surface that looks newly painted! I have attached a pic showing a lid that is completely scratched, showing only 1/2 MA film, which effectively "heals" existing scratches . .   it is scratched the same under the film!

You can look at our website: www.motorcyclearmor.com  and see an install video. The install is simple . .  not to be compared with the difficulty experienced with window film.  In addition, we offer a lifetime warranty . . .  meaning that at any time the film is damaged, as often as you require, replacements are sent at no charge, other than the cost of postage. This warranty is fully transferable to subsequent owners of your motorcycle if you sell it!  You can order the film for your saddlebag lids on our website also - the kit comes with complete easy to follow instructions and all that you need to make the installation.  If you need this innovative film for other motorcycle parts, just order the kit and cut to film to the spec you need.   The website has an email contact point if you have further questions, or contact me at michael@motorcycle-armor.com

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 06:33:53 PM »

Oh forgot to mention they have other sets than just the saddlebag lid protection. You can read thruogh this thread for more detail

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40654.0

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 10:22:40 PM »

Another happy user of Motorcycle Armor. Here's the thread with the vendor and discount info:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=42620.0

Widows Son

• No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child - Shriners of America
  • Full CVO Member
  • narasimhalu.smugmug.com

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
    • Sanjay Narasimhalu Photography
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 11:35:56 PM »

Had it done on my CVO Streetglide. Posted the pictures of the procedure...hope this link works

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=43978.msg667268#msg667268

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
J&M 250W amp + 7.25" Speakers
Chrome Agitators
Harley Goodies floorboard extensions
Wheeldock EZ-up centerstand
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight
Brukus saddlebag & seat hardware
Gizmos: GoPro HD, SPOT

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 25 queries.