Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2011 CVO Street Glide rear stop light turn signal queston  (Read 12788 times)

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
Re: 2011 CVO Street Glide rear stop light turn signal queston
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 09:31:52 AM »

May not look as integrated as the US models but who am I to be upset - ordered my Green / Black SVO SG today - can't believe I'm actually gonna get one after admiring from a distance in the last year as no 2010 CVO's into OZ. One question for the bretheren - is it common for CVO buyers in the States to keep their bikes long term or are they traded frequently for newer models as they come out?
All the best
Glen.

2nd photo.
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

lance100

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 02:00:52 AM »

Does anyone know of any smaller discrete LED rear light that might be available to fit/possibly lay flat on the rear guard instead of a large softail lump light!!  Lance

Kevinski

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 and lovin' it
    • CVO2: FLSTSE2 and loved it but sold it
    • CVO3: FLHXSE Tequila (sold)
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 02:57:26 AM »

Hi Rogersd,

In the UK red turn signals are not legal, but then again nor are loud pipes and small number plates.

I can always do hand signal is a copper is behind me  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kev

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 03:37:12 AM »

Does anyone know of any smaller discrete LED rear light that might be available to fit/possibly lay flat on the rear guard instead of a large softail lump light!!  Lance

Like "lastdergee" suggested, rather than replace fender we went to http://www.badlandsmotorcycleproducts.com/ and ordered a smoke layback rear stop lamp to replace the pig-nose and had them custome wire a plug-play run/brake/turn module. Then buy the USA spec lamps p/n's 69383-09 and 69407-09 to rplace the amber HDI lamps. Then add a Kury Curved LED plate frame and voila...
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

lance100

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 01:43:18 PM »

Like "lastdergee" suggested, rather than replace fender we went to http://www.badlandsmotorcycleproducts.com/ and ordered a smoke layback rear stop lamp to replace the pig-nose and had them custome wire a plug-play run/brake/turn module. Then buy the USA spec lamps p/n's 69383-09 and 69407-09 to rplace the amber HDI lamps. Then add a Kury Curved LED plate frame and voila...

Thanks for this!!

Royston

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 02:41:09 PM »

Hi,
Its frustrating, i had an RK and changed to a 2010 FLHX, NEARLY took the plunge on a CVO at the time and thought if they do them again this year, ( I was surprised they did) I had to have one but once again we with the International models get that bloody ugly light.........amazing since the moco managed to get it removed on the 2010 FLHX and create integrated turn stop signals.........decisions, decisions....
Cheers
R

Royston

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 05:02:19 AM »

hi, Have I missed something? I thought the lenses in the filler strips contained the turn signals ? If so its a simple switch to replace the tailight lens, J&P have a laydown smoked/clear or red one thats a plug in replacement.

??
Cheers
R

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum a.k.a Jack Sparrow
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 08:26:42 AM »

NDNIK is on the money with this mod IMHO.  I could have ripped out the lot and done a domestic conversion.  I worried that the UK drivers being what they are that two side lights in red only with use of the domestic wiring harness may confuse them and dodging rear enders could be too much of a part time role. 

HDNIK used the badlands rear LED lamp - great quality similar to OEM, the turn/stop/run module allows the rear turn signals to run all time with the centre tail lamp,  increased stop lights when you break and turn signals as and when.  Cost to replace the turn signals from amber to smoke ran around $300 each, $150 for the module (i think) and sub $100 for the tail light.   

Best mod I could have made without a rear fender replacement and I feel secure that some muppet's not going to run-up my rear. 

Cheers,
Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

Royston

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »

NDNIK is on the money with this mod IMHO.  I could have ripped out the lot and done a domestic conversion.  I worried that the UK drivers being what they are that two side lights in red only with use of the domestic wiring harness may confuse them and dodging rear enders could be too much of a part time role. 

HDNIK used the badlands rear LED lamp - great quality similar to OEM, the turn/stop/run module allows the rear turn signals to run all time with the centre tail lamp,  increased stop lights when you break and turn signals as and when.  Cost to replace the turn signals from amber to smoke ran around $300 each, $150 for the module (i think) and sub $100 for the tail light.   

Best mod I could have made without a rear fender replacement and I feel secure that some muppet's not going to run-up my rear. 

Cheers,
Hi, maybe its a dumb question but do the accents in your filler strips still act as turn signals with the addition of turn in the rear lamp assy you have fitted? Stop/brake is only in the rear lamp?? any chance of a pic??
Thanks for your help.
R :)

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »

HDNIK sent me the best pics that made me pull the trigger - HDNIK to the rescue?

The fillers act as stop, day running and turn.  When the brake's pulled and you have turn on the other turn acts as brake with the stop / tail.

It's a cool set-up.

Cheers
Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

Royston

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 11:19:37 AM »

HDNIK sent me the best pics that made me pull the trigger - HDNIK to the rescue?

The fillers act as stop, day running and turn.  When the brake's pulled and you have turn on the other turn acts as brake with the stop / tail.

It's a cool set-up.

Cheers
sorry Im bein a dope here maybe, but am I right on (our), international models, the accents as stock are turn signal only and the rear lamp is lamp/brake.
If I'm correctly understanding you added the module to link all three???
Cheers

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 12:12:13 PM »

I'm not making it easy.  Yes, international model uses accents for turn signal only and separate use of stop / tail independently.  Badlands module allows the use of all three together.   Quality of module allows for continuous light without blinking or shaky look rather than cheaper alternatives that I believe HDNIK used and said quality was poor.

It's a simple plug and play fitment. 

In the end it's whether or not you can live with the amber accents and a red tail lamp.  Cause of the UK's legal req for amber turn, red stop and yellow number plates the rear end on mine had to go.  I can now live with it and am mostly happy.  The next stage would be to swap out the rear fender for domestic, but as I said previously I appreciate the extra stop in the middle and either sides and having just completed 3800 mile round trip would say it's performed perfectly.

Royston

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 02:56:52 PM »

I'm not making it easy.  Yes, international model uses accents for turn signal only and separate use of stop / tail independently.  Badlands module allows the use of all three together.   Quality of module allows for continuous light without blinking or shaky look rather than cheaper alternatives that I believe HDNIK used and said quality was poor.

It's a simple plug and play fitment. 

In the end it's whether or not you can live with the amber accents and a red tail lamp.  Cause of the UK's legal req for amber turn, red stop and yellow number plates the rear end on mine had to go.  I can now live with it and am mostly happy.  The next stage would be to swap out the rear fender for domestic, but as I said previously I appreciate the extra stop in the middle and either sides and having just completed 3800 mile round trip would say it's performed perfectly.

:2vrolijk_21:Big thanks for that it has finally sunk in....apologies for bein confused.
Ride safe
R
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 24 queries.