Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problem with audio while on AUX on 2011 RG...plus Ipod question :-)  (Read 2734 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member

Okay 2 "challenges" as I am sure it is operator error.

1. What is the best EQ setting to put the ipod on for the best all around quality sound.
     1.a) Is there a way to change these without unhooking the Ipod from the NIM cable in the saddlebag each time?

2. I get way better quality sound when I hook a audio cable (3.5MM ? ) directly from my GPS to my AUX port in the front of the stereo. HOWEVER, when I do this the sound goes away at will and when I try and adjust the volume I see the Nav/Phn F and R volume pop up on the front of the stereo. If I switch the speaker rocker all the way down I get sound but under the NAV only volume and it is not as good of quality. All the way forward and I get the headphone emblem on the radio and of course zero sound. My THEORY is it is picking up some other signal (blue-tooth or CB) but I have the blue-tooth turned off on the GPS unit and the CB (com) is turned off on the radio.

If I could resolve issue number 2 I would re-route the AUX cable to hide it and only use my GPS for my tunes as it is better sounding and much easier (for me) to operate. The Ipod seems to have a mind of it's own and each time the bike shuts down, it starts back at the beginning no matter which setting it is on (Artist, song, album etc.).

Anyone have any ideas on these issues? Questions on my settings?

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Problem with audio while on AUX on 2011 RG...plus Ipod question :-)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 09:18:54 AM »

Bump.

Iron Cross Audio

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • Iron Cross Audio
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 06:25:20 AM »

I'm not to sure what's going on based on what I'm reading....may just be to early on a Monday

Give us a call when you can and we'll see if we can figure out what's happening

Tony
Iron Cross Audio
201-207-7157

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 07:05:09 AM »

Hi. For your question numer one, i use no equaliser setting. Just turn EQ off than you can adjust bass and treble to your liking.
For question number two, put the cable on the jack and the ipod while everything is off then turn on the engine switch.Dont forget to turn on your speakers.Theres a button there right below your tach. :drink:
Ridin Legend

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 07:19:31 AM »

I'm not to sure what's going on based on what I'm reading....may just be to early on a Monday

Give us a call when you can and we'll see if we can figure out what's happening

Tony
Iron Cross Audio
201-207-7157

Thanks Tony. I will call you soon.

Hi. For your question numer one, i use no equaliser setting. Just turn EQ off than you can adjust bass and treble to your liking.
For question number two, put the cable on the jack and the ipod while everything is off then turn on the engine switch.Dont forget to turn on your speakers.Theres a button there right below your tach. :drink:

I will try that this morning on the way to work. Thanks.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 08:31:53 AM »

For question number two, put the cable on the jack and the ipod while everything is off then turn on the engine switch.Dont forget to turn on your speakers.There's a button there right below your tach. :drink:

That didn't work. Actually made it worse... :-\  :P Beofre I could even pull out of the garage the music muted and when I pressed the volume button up the Phne/NAV Volume came up. So I took the cord out (without shutting the key off) and left for work. Cycled thru to the ipod setting and still hung up on the Phne/NAV Vlume setting with no sound. Had to shut the GPS off and cycle thru the settings and back to XM to get it to resume sound. Turned the GPS back on and in about 2 minutes, sound muted and there was the Phne/NAV Volume again when trying to increase the volume. So I shut the GPS off and left it off for the remainder of the ride in to work.

So it must be in the NIM as far as I can tell. I assume that once I got to work and turned the bike off, it will reset and be fine now on the Ipod/XM/or CD.

I will call Tony later today when I get a chance.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 09:07:04 AM »

Just had t0 run some errands and it STILL does it. This is weird. I'm wondering if somehow it's my phone. It did it twice on the ride and I had 2 new emails. Bluetooth is still turned off on both devices. The oly thing that stumps me is if it is somehow the phone, why doesn't it do it all the time?

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 24 queries.