Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Paint Protection before first miles  (Read 6744 times)

aero8

• Full CVO Member
Paint Protection before first miles
« on: December 26, 2010, 09:34:49 AM »

What would you use for paint protection before the bike is on the road??[/color]I like to protect/seal the paint with a clear coat already before making the first miles.

I would appreciate if I just can put something easily on the fairing, tank, bags,....... without preparing/polishing the surface to avoid swirls and scratches.

I like to avoid any abrasive materials and it should protect the paint from UV,dust and make it easier to clean later.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Aero8

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Paint Protection before first miles
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 11:00:30 AM »

First thing that comes to mind is to check out this thread/product - Paint Protection Film....

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 11:02:19 AM »

+1 for Motorcycle Armor. Use it on my bike and couldn't be happier. You can always remove and replace it after a few years of use.

tzeeb

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:40:37 PM »

Hi all. Newbie on this forum after trading in 2008 Ultra on a 2011 CVO EG Ultra.
I can only underscore the Motorcycle Armor. In Europe it's sold and installed by Paintshield (www.Paintshield.co.uk).  I had it on my old bike and am getting it put on the new one. The templates fit perfectly and cover the fairing, leg shields, front and tops of saddlebags and, if you clean off any sloppy waxing, is unnoticeable unless you are specifically looking for it.  Great stuff.  I have it on both cars as well.

Can't wait to ride once the White stuff is gone.
Be safe,
Tzeeb

rocrider50

• Let's Ride

• CVO1: 2011 FLHX SE2 Black Diamond Crimson Tag
    • CVO2: 2008 Ultra 105HP
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 06:52:55 PM »

ordered my Motorcycle Armor, they charged my credit card and I have never seen the product.  They don't respond to my emails and the phone number they gave the credit card company is fake.  What can I say, don't use.
Looking for modification tips for the FLHX SE2 if you have any.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 08:40:43 PM »

Funny, the owner was logged in here last week. You might want to PM him from here.

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 08:46:39 PM »

ordered my Motorcycle Armor, they charged my credit card and I have never seen the product.  They don't respond to my emails and the phone number they gave the credit card company is fake.  What can I say, don't use.

Something is not right, I got it , love it , try again........................... :oops:
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • Clear Coat Film Kits for Paint Protection
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 05:11:45 PM »

U h  h . .    well, once in a while those things that are perfect go array.   As you all know Motorcycle Armor has served the CVO group for nearly 2 years (with a Sturgis break in between) and we have NEVER "dogged" anyone.   The forum is replete with praise . .  not only for our products but for our service which has always gone beyond normal.  Many can testify to that.

In this situation there was in fact a glitch in our system.  The order was placed by this member, the CC charged, and the order to shipping was never received.   We have reloaded the system last night and whatever the error may have been (though we couldn't find an error in the system) has obviously been repaired.   

The phone number is not "fake" as dramatic as it may sound . .   and the customers order is shipping out today - the day after we found out about his situation and repaired the problem.

Michael Detwiler
Cell# : 303-803-0055
Company# : 970-674-8007

rocrider50

• Let's Ride

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 06:14:14 PM »

Great Mike, thats good to hear.  I don't believe that I have "dogged " your company.  I had emailed you several times with no reply and I phoned the number MA gave Visa for the bill (303-229-67xx) which did turn out to be some guys cell unrelated to MA.  So form my side you can understand my frustration.  I sent several of the unanswered emails today for you to trace the hole in your system and look forward to enjoying your product which so many have bragged about.  To be fair when I receive the product and use it I will be sure to post (what is bound to be positive) my results.  Thanks for correcting your mistake and mailing out the product.  :orange:

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 06:54:38 PM »

A happy ending  :2vrolijk_21:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 09:27:30 AM »

Update:      rocrider50 and I have spoken on the phone and resolved this . .    Again,   MA had some kind of glitch which we discussed.    I appreciate his concerns which are natural concerns that I would also have considering the missing shipment and the phone issue.    We have no idea where the phone number attached to his credit card came from and are looking in to changing that to our office number.  Also, we learned that when a person replies via email to the merchant receipt (generated from an online purchase) that the email goes to an incoming mailbox that is seldom checked. 

Anyway,  again, I appreciate his position on this and his product has been shipped . .  hopefully the email issue and phone number issue is repaired now and he can give us an update once he receives his order and makes his install.

rocrider50

• Let's Ride

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 01:44:01 PM »

ot it and installing today.  We'll see how it goes.  Mikchel made it right.  Thanks Mike.

semperfi81

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5B #860 of 999
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 08:27:57 AM »

Awesome product :2vrolijk_21:

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 03:33:49 PM »

Update:      rocrider50 and I have spoken on the phone and resolved this . .    Again,   MA had some kind of glitch which we discussed.    I appreciate his concerns which are natural concerns that I would also have considering the missing shipment and the phone issue.    We have no idea where the phone number attached to his credit card came from and are looking in to changing that to our office number.  Also, we learned that when a person replies via email to the merchant receipt (generated from an online purchase) that the email goes to an incoming mailbox that is seldom checked. 

Anyway,  again, I appreciate his position on this and his product has been shipped . .  hopefully the email issue and phone number issue is repaired now and he can give us an update once he receives his order and makes his install.

Mike ,
I want to order the armor for My FLTRUSE 2011, sides, tanks and bags, However I am not very handy. Any list of dealers that might install it for me in central FL???

Thanks

Michael D.

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
    • CO

• Motorcycle Armor
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »

Darth Davidson:

Bruce Rossmeyer's Daytona Harley.  Parts Department carries Motorcycle Armor in Central Florida.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 25 queries.