Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help finding a specific handlebar thread  (Read 3058 times)

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
Help finding a specific handlebar thread
« on: April 30, 2011, 02:19:57 PM »

I have searched hi and low, I am pretty sure it was on this forum that I saw the thread. Somebody posted a picture of the Stock FLHXSE2 bars, WO575 and the HD pull back bars. There was a picture with them all stacked on top of each other..... Can't find it anywhere

Thanks

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Help finding a specific handlebar thread
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 04:04:12 PM »

I don't recall ever seeing that but if you get up to Jim's (Metal Dragon) he probably has all three there.  If you're going to Solvang next weekend, you can see all three in person, on the bikes. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Widows Son

• No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child - Shriners of America
  • Full CVO Member
  • narasimhalu.smugmug.com

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
    • Sanjay Narasimhalu Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:22:18 PM »

Not really an answer to your question, but the WO575 is great. I'm 5'7" and the pullback worked out perfect. It even used the original wiring since the length was OK. I did swap the stock clutch and front brake cables for braided stainless. I did have to remove the fairing mirror and went with bar mounts instead. One point I read on several threads: the grip may not slide flush leaving a 1/8” to 1/4" gap at the transition from the 1" to 1-1/4" taper. So the shop had to grind down the end slightly.

Wild 1 Chubby WO575
C&C seat
Dynojet Power Vision
Jackpot 2-1-2 header
V&H Hi-Output
J&M 250W amp + 7.25" Speakers
Chrome Agitators
Harley Goodies floorboard extensions
Wheeldock EZ-up centerstand
Klock Werks 8.5"
Boogey Lights - 126 LEDs
3M Armor
Kury LED Headlight
Brukus saddlebag & seat hardware
Gizmos: GoPro HD, SPOT

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 09:26:19 PM »

I'm 5'6" and went with the WO575's....worked out perfect except I had to replace the clutch line--it was a little to short and got really tight when turning the bars full left. Other than that they went on fine and they are much more comfortable than the stock ones.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 11:44:10 PM »

If you did a handlebar search you've probably already saw all of our posts.  But just in case, here it is one more time.....

I'm 6'4" and sit on a Corbin Classic Solo (it moves you back a bit further from stock) and used the Harley Touring Pullbacks (2" up and 2" back) and switched to handlbar mounted mirrors.   I'm very happy and even when leaned all the way back against the backrest I ride with a bend at the elbows.....very comfortable.  No cables or brake lines were replaced (even though it says you have to).   There are several SESG owners that have done the same mod.

My wife is 5'7" and sits on a Corbin Classic Solo Close Reach seat (moves her up a bit from stock) and uses the same bars.  She has her bars pulled low enough that she can still use the fairing mounted mirrors.  We're both very happy with our bars and it was the least expensive option to go with. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 12:25:55 AM »

Klock Werks Ergo Handlebar
Check Klock Works website. They have the 3 color illustration of the different bars stacked together, I think its what you are looking for.

Wayne

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 11:33:31 AM »

I found what I was looking for, it was on another site, won't mention any names, but it must be the slowest site on the web!! Here is the post and picture from that site.

"The top bar is stock.
The Second bar is the Chubby 575.
The Third is the HD wheel barrow pullback bars.

This is the older 08 and below pullback bar. The new one they just put out is supposed to be not as narrow.

ALSO... I have already changed the bars on my 09 Ultra with ABS. There is nothing special about the 09 with ABS but be prepared to spend some cash on an upper brake line."

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 11:36:04 AM »

So are these the Harley Touring Pullbacks that people are talking about? Are they that "wheelbarrow-ish" or is it just the angle of the picture? The poster talked about a newer bar, maybe that is what everybody is running?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 11:50:19 AM »

I'd say those are the old bars in your pic.

Click this link for pics of the Harley Touring Pullbacks on the 09 Street Glide and 10 SE Street Glide....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=32927.msg681464#msg681464

West Coast GTG   

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.