Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corbin Seat Question  (Read 2490 times)

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
Corbin Seat Question
« on: June 10, 2011, 04:00:41 PM »

I think I'm going to take the plunge and try one of these because of all the reviews I've read.  I have a '10 FLHTCUSE5.  I was looking at the Solo Touring Saddle & the Dual Touring Saddle.  What is the difference between these?  I'm 6'1 and want to be sure it fits right.  I also see they recommend pulling the handlebars back a couple inches to make the ride more comfortable.   Will I maintain my stock seat height with either of these seats as I don't want to have to change my windshield out?  Lasly, has anyone used their trunk arm rest.  My wife would like to be able to rest her arms on the sides but really can't do it comfortably with the stock one.  Any advice appreciated.
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Corbin Seat Question
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 11:58:01 AM »

The Solo sets the operator further back and the seat is a little wider to offer a bit more room (good for big tall riders) than the Dual, however the passenger suffers due to lack of space made up for driver. Im 6' 195 lbs and i find the Dual perfect and no complaints from the wife, (5'9" 145) she loves the seat. Also, you may want to consider keeping your backrest because Corbins backrest has shorter arm rest. My wife actually likes Corbins because it gives her more room, she doesn't feel caged in.. and she said its easier to mount and unmount. Your best experience with a new seat from Corbin would be a factory visit and so they can do a custom fit and build. They do this in about a 1/4 day.. Corbin seats are extremely firm, but dont let that fool you, they are the most comfortable long haul seat i've ever experienced, and i hear this by many other folks.  If you still not decided, dont pass on a Mustang seat, they're nice seats as well. Good Luck, either way you wont be disappointed  :2vrolijk_21:.  

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 12:03:22 PM by cvobiker »

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 09:11:20 PM »

Corbin Dual Tour Heated coming in a few days.  Thanks for your help.
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:09:41 PM »

You will sit lower with the Corbin dual tour seat than the stock one, FWIW..

SteveO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 11:39:37 PM »

I have the dual touring on my 08 SE3, had Corbin lower it 1".  Now my feet are flat on the ground.  Great seat once you get used to it, won't ever go back to the standard HD seat(s).

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 12:06:54 AM »

They both sit the rider back a bit further than stock however, they make up for it in regards to the passenger space, with the passenger back rest.  It sits nearly flush against the tour pack and has longer arms than stock. 

On the bottom part of the tour pack the passenger just has a thin foam pad rather than the little pillow that is on the stock backrest.  My wife rode from Colo. to Calif over a two day period and said that it's more comfortabe and more room than stock seat had. :2vrolijk_21:

The Dual Tourer has heat for the ride and passenger as an option.  The Classic Solo has heat option only for the rider but also has the versatility of riding solo (with no back seat or tour pack) or riding with the tour pack in the solo positin or riding with the tour pack in the two up position with the Touring Pillion in place.

Here's several links to pics of mine in various configurations:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg620522#msg620522

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg642302#msg642302

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg642311#msg642311

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg664196#msg664196

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg676281#msg676281
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »

Thanks for everyones help and advise.  I rec'd my seat, backrest & tourpack backrest and have put a couple hundred miles on it.  So far I really like it but I may have to have my handle bars pulled back an inch or two.  It is definitely more firm than stock but that doesn't bother me.   As a bonus my wife really like it also.  :orange:
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's

daleg3556

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 03:35:28 PM »

Thanks for everyones help and advise.  I rec'd my seat, backrest & tourpack backrest and have put a couple hundred miles on it.  So far I really like it but I may have to have my handle bars pulled back an inch or two.  It is definitely more firm than stock but that doesn't bother me.   As a bonus my wife really like it also.  :orange:
I have had a dual tour for over 2 years on my 07 SERK.  Really like the seat.  Anything over 300-400 miles in one day though I still use my Air Hawk. I did 600 once on the Corbin when the air Hawk had a leak and my ass felt a little rough by the end!

2007 SERK
2008 FXDC 105th S/N 0001/2000
2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
IBA #47074

I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect...Doug Sanders

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 07:19:56 AM »

They both sit the rider back a bit further than stock however, they make up for it in regards to the passenger space, with the passenger back rest.  It sits nearly flush against the tour pack and has longer arms than stock. 

On the bottom part of the tour pack the passenger just has a thin foam pad rather than the little pillow that is on the stock backrest.  My wife rode from Colo. to Calif over a two day period and said that it's more comfortabe and more room than stock seat had. :2vrolijk_21:

The Dual Tourer has heat for the ride and passenger as an option.  The Classic Solo has heat option only for the rider but also has the versatility of riding solo (with no back seat or tour pack) or riding with the tour pack in the solo positin or riding with the tour pack in the two up position with the Touring Pillion in place.

Here's several links to pics of mine in various configurations:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg620522#msg620522

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg642302#msg642302

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg642311#msg642311

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg664196#msg664196

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.msg676281#msg676281

Thanks  so much.  Ordering mine today

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 08:37:57 AM »

Thanks  so much.  Ordering mine today

You might want to think about ordering from Jim (hd-dude) at Metal Dragon in Hayward.  Not only to get the discount, but he knows what's peculiar to the CVO Street Glide from a regular Street Glide if you're going to get the passenger p-pad with it.

In short, if you run a tour pack and you're getting the touring pillion, the back end of it has to be shaved forward just a bit to allow the tour pack to be put on and take off without interference with the back of the p-pad. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 25 queries.