Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: SOKZ....what about socks?  (Read 7625 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
SOKZ....what about socks?
« on: December 28, 2011, 02:21:31 PM »

Terrie and I bought a pair each of the Arrow Sokz at a motorcycle show several years ago. 

Wore them that winter and noticed that my feet didn't sweat and didn't get cold but never wore them in really cold weather (down around freezing temps).

We got the Gerbing eXtreme Element pants and jackets and now the only thing cold was our feet.  Talked about getting the electric boot insoles from Gerbing and then I remembered our skiing socks (haven't skied in a few years). 

Digging for the skiing socks, ran across the SOKZ socks.  We put them on last weekend and left Sacramento in 28F weather.  Our feet never got cold and while the temps were low each morning, over the weekend.....our feet just didn't get cold and didn't feel the sweat that normally acompanies winter riding.

http://www.rideaddict.com/sokz.aspx 

http://www.whitehorsegear.com/sokz-arrow-socks

http://www.whitehorsegear.com/sokz-silver-socks
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Chuck Pryor

• Elite CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 09 SERG Silver/Titanium
    • CVO2: 86 FLST
Re: SOKZ....what about socks?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 01:17:00 AM »

Oh that's cool...  I've never heard of them. When I bought the Gerbing stuff I got the sox as well. They work really well. I like to ride nice n warm. :)

I'll NEED a BMW friend soon.  Ha
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 01:17:52 PM by Chuck Pryor »

aushog

• 2008 Frosty
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 09:45:13 PM »

Glad you like them. I haven't tried them, but have found SmartWool to be excellent.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 10:31:20 PM »

Lots of comfort in a warm pair of winter socks. Bass Pro has a good selection of different brands. There are som hiking micro fibers that are amazing for winter time use on the bike. Also the ones geared to the snowmobile folks work even better when it is really cold.
Has anyone tried the new HD Battery powered boots?

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 05:47:44 AM »

I haven't tried any of the heated footwear but I took JCZ's recommendation on the SOKZ and ordered a pair. My feet get cold too. It is supposed to be 16 degrees F. in the morning here in Korea so those SOKZ would come in handy real soon. It's a 16 mile ride to work so it's not too bad.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 11:28:44 AM »

Thanks JCZ.  I'm always on the lookout for new and improved riding gear.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »

We have the Arrow Sokz as noted in my post above.

However, I just ordered a pair of the Ceramic Sokz (supposed to be the Ultimate for cold weather) for both Terrie and I.  I'll post my review once I get them and have test wore them.

A comany out of Victoria, Canada seemed to have the best price and free shipping.....imagine that.....   http://www.ridefreemotogear.com/index.php/web-store/clothing/hedz-sokz/product/78-sokz-ceramic-socks
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 04:40:10 PM »

We have the Arrow Sokz as noted in my post above.

However, I just ordered a pair of the Ceramic Sokz (supposed to be the Ultimate for cold weather) for both Terrie and I.  I'll post my review once I get them and have test wore them.

A comany out of Victoria, Canada seemed to have the best price and free shipping.....imagine that.....   http://www.ridefreemotogear.com/index.php/web-store/clothing/hedz-sokz/product/78-sokz-ceramic-socks

Well that makes two of us...I'll try them too...Just ordered them...

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 08:08:09 PM »

Got the Ceramic SOKZ in this weekend and haven't tried them yet. Hopefully will be able to ride in the morning with low temps and check them out. I will update. I can take a pic of my feet if this post is worthless.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »

Got the Ceramic SOKZ in this weekend and haven't tried them yet. Hopefully will be able to ride in the morning with low temps and check them out. I will update. I can take a pic of my feet if this post is worthless.
[/b]

Yea, but make sure you have the sokz on, would ya. :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao:

West Coast GTG   

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 09:43:07 PM »

Saw those a couple of years ago, thought they were a little on the pricey side. Purchased Soccer socks shortly after, they looked and felt the same, but a whole bunch cheaper and they cover clear up to your knees and won't slip down. That's all I wear year round under my riding boots.
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 09:49:01 PM »

Saw those a couple of years ago, thought they were a little on the pricey side. Purchased Soccer socks shortly after, they looked and felt the same, but a whole bunch cheaper and they cover clear up to your knees and won't slip down. That's all I wear year round under my riding boots.

Yea, that's what I thought about my ski socks, too.  Just no comparison.....ya get what you pay for. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 12:04:14 AM »

Yea, that's what I thought about my ski socks, too.  Just no comparison.....ya get what you pay for. :nixweiss:

Thanks JC....just ordered some.

Richard

:pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 09:56:01 AM »

Thanks JC....just ordered some.

Richard

:pineapple: :pineapple: :pineapple:

The lady was up late last night.....she sent me an email at 10:00 p.m. saying that mine and your orders were shipped from Vancouver, Canada (my first post said Victoria, but she lives south of Vancouver near the international boarder) on Mon.  Said she normally drives the US orders over the boarder to mail them but that she's been swamped since spending three days at an MC show in Vancouver.

By the way, she's a rider also.....riding 20-25k a year on her RT. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 12:14:58 PM »

We got the new ceramic Sokz a couple of days ago.  We wore them to the bay area this weekend.......no more cold feet and no more sweaty feet! :2vrolijk_21:   

We also had our new Gerbing heated insoles in our boots however, I didn't even plug mine in.

West Coast GTG   
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 24 queries.