Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Nor Cal winter weekend......  (Read 6435 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Nor Cal winter weekend......
« on: January 29, 2012, 01:18:58 AM »

Terrie and I rode over to the bay area last night.  Looking forward to seeing Van the Man's new SE Street Glide.  We left after work yesterday and headed for the bay.

Here's a couple pics as we were coming down off the Altamont Pass, sun setting behind the coastal range.  Winter is really rough here in Nor Cal....

and a couple shots of our Street Glides at the hotel....birds eye view.....

Arrived at Jim's early this morning.....a 10k service and a couple more mods.  Lookin pretty good considering this baby's got over 40k miles on the clock!

And some of the first photos of Van The Man's new SE Street Glide..........

This bike's paint is incredable in the sun.  It almost appears chamillion like, changing appearance, depending on the angle to the sun.  Both the bright orange and the darker color (not sure what the MoCo is calling either of these colors this year.....next year they may have a very similar color and call it something totally different) seem to change colors from different angles.

Van had the seat custom made down the road in Hollister, at Corbin.  He used two different colors of thread and a custom flame stitch pattern.....

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Re: Nor Cal winter weekend......
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 01:20:30 AM »

Back to focusing on the bike style and paint....

Jim did the standard mods that most SE Street Glides get.....the Fullsac treatment, etc.  It also got the chrome treatment via the inner primary and a chrome starter, etc......

Van......you missed shaving that big ol' license plate light. :o

These close ups show some of the flake in the paint....

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 01:21:53 AM »

Beautiful bike Van......congratulations! :2vrolijk_21:   And now back to big blue.....king tour pack in the solo position today.

and one of my new mods today......a spoiler w/LED brake light on the tour pack.  Note the shaved license plate light. :2vrolijk_21:

JC & Terrie, Don & Carol and Andy all went to breakfast.  When we got back, Jim was just about done with all the business end and Don & Carol decided to go for a ride with Terrie and I.  Here's Terrie leading the way over Kirker Pass....

Terrie's Street Glide has 50k miles on it but still looks really nice....especially out in the sun.....

We did let a SE Road Glide tag along.......but he had to stay at the back of the pack.   But he's use to it. :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 01:22:27 AM »

We're headed for the delta.....going to ride some of the river roads.   Up over the bridge that crosses the bay at this point.....

and down the other side.....you can see the windmill farms across the Sacramento River....

The Sacramento/San Juaquin Delta is one of the largest delta's in the world.....full of all kind of wild life....

Soon we arrived at Pirate's Lair where we stopped for a really great lunch.  Great food, good friends and a beuatiful, warm day.  I was riding in a t-shirt all afternoon......rough winter here in Nor Cal. ;D

The Pirate's Lair valentine tiki.....

On the roll again.....we headed back to Hwy. 12......up to Hwy 160 where Don & Carol headed to the back home to the bay area and Terrie and I followed the river road back to Sacramento.....

West Coast GTG   

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 01:41:18 AM »

Thanks as always for the pics. Sorry it was too warm for you.A bunch of great looking SESG's and of course a fine SERG.

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 02:34:09 AM »

Great pics, looks like you guys had a good time. I'm jealous of the weather your having.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 03:01:04 AM »

winter must be an awfull tough time for you  :D
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 04:29:07 AM »

Thanks to share !  :drink:
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 06:03:44 AM »

Great pics as always JC.  And beautiful bike Van.. :-*...love the Corbin also.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 07:12:55 AM »

nice pics, nice winter in NorCal.
no way of doing that in our area!!!
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 08:51:14 AM »

JC what a pleasant surprise to wake up this morning in cold Ohio and open up your pictures to a beautiful ride  :pepper:  My congrats to Van on his beautiful SG  :2vrolijk_21:  I have to say that you and Terrie have beautiful scooters  :). I love everything that you have done to both of them and your tour paks are next to fabulous.  I am making that my mission and promise in life and that is to meet you both and go on one of your scenic breakfast rides.   :multi:  Thank you again for the great pictures and sharing your trip with us here in the frozen states  :dankk2:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 09:14:16 AM »

Always enjoy seeing your ride reports JC.

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2012, 09:25:44 AM »

JC, great pics as always!  You have got some great riding out there.  My sister lives in Danville and I've wanted to ride out to visit but just haven't been able to take the time.  Maybe I can convince Duane (Porthole) to do a road trip!

You bike looks super.  Noticed you have a thicker pad beneath the backrest pad on your tour pack.  I need something similar.  Where did you get it?
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 11:09:14 AM »

Another thread of great pics of folks having a lot of fun on motorcycles! Thanks for sharing. I especially liked the head on photo of the new street glide fairing with Dan's sign reflected in the paint. At first I thought is was some sort of custom pin striping. Looks very cool. Could almost be a photo for an advertisement.

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »

JCZ, Great pics, of course I,ve came to expect that from your posts. From someone that has never rode California you show me a beatiful state. California is on my list. Thanks for sharing. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 24 queries.