Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: iPhone or iPad download.  (Read 2299 times)

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road glide. Traded
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited Sold
iPhone or iPad download.
« on: April 23, 2012, 09:14:47 AM »

Headed on a trip in 2 weeks and would like to download pics from my iPhone. Does anyone have the full proof way of doing this and walk us through the process?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: iPhone or iPad download.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 09:21:56 AM »

If you have a Windows Laptop you just connect up your Iphone to the computer and go into the hard drive and copy the folder with the pictures to your Windows Computer.  Thus keeping a 1 copy on the phone and having one copy on the Windows laptop.   I have not tried from our Iphone to Ipad yet.   
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 09:49:51 AM »

With the iPhone, there are several ways to share or save photos.  The quickest way is to use the USB cable and hook up to a PC or a Laptop, then sync.

I prefer to share photos on Facebook.  It's very easy to do and keeps them in albums on your iPhone and Facebook.  It is an instant way to share your pictures with everyone you care about.  It can be done via the 3G or 4G cellular link, or via WiFi.  

Loading pictures to share on this site is a little more convoluted the way I've been doing it.  I email the pictures to myself, then save them onto the PC hard drive.  Then I upload them to Photobucket.  From Photobucket I copy the "IMG" link (bottom one) and copy it into the text box on this site.  Works like a charm, but a little time consuming.  

I haven't tried uploading to photobucket from my iPhone, but this is the next method I'll be trying, to cut out a couple of steps.  There is a Photobucket APP for iPhone.  That will be the way I upload in the future, provided it works as expected.

There are other photo sites out there, but I've used Photobucket for seven years and find it a great archive for pictures.
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »

why not use the cloud sync?
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 12:38:47 PM »

Kraut ya beat me to it.   ;D

http://www.apple.com/icloud/
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 02:52:33 PM »

The only reason I didn't suggest it, is becaus I've had trouble getting it to work and have not spent the time and effort to get it there.  Any suggestions?  They keep referring to an activation Email that never comes to my mailbox.  I've looked in the trash, but nothing...

I'm now on my second iPhone, this time the 4G and think they're great, but his app has eluded me.  It would be nice if the iCloud works.

Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 07:08:26 AM »

Get the Photobucket app for the iPhone and play around with  the settings to put the pix where you want. You can then copy the IMG code on your phone and paste it right into a reply. I've been using it for a few years now.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 08:41:37 AM »

Can someone open this and tell me if it worked. I downloaded this from my iPhone. http://s1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg521/Kirk_Walters/Snapbucket/harley/?action=view&current=8b9309ca.jpg
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:43:34 AM by Fireguy »

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 09:16:12 AM »

sorta worked :)      have to link as an IMG to post the picture here instead of a link.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 09:17:43 AM »

Can someone open this and tell me if it worked. I downloaded this from my iPhone. http://s1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg521/Kirk_Walters/Snapbucket/harley/?action=view&current=8b9309ca.jpg

Yes it does.

With the iPhone, there are several ways to share or save photos.  The quickest way is to use the USB cable and hook up to a PC or a Laptop, then sync.

I prefer to share photos on Facebook.  It's very easy to do and keeps them in albums on your iPhone and Facebook.  It is an instant way to share your pictures with everyone you care about.  It can be done via the 3G or 4G cellular link, or via WiFi. 

The problem with facebook (aside from the normal issues) is that you are saving a copy at a reduced resolution, and with a ridiculous string of characters for a file name

The iPhone does take a decent picture, but yo really need to consider the lens, you have NO real zoom. Yes it is convenient.

I would really consider any of the pocket Powershot SD series cameras from Canon.
They are small, light weight, excellent battery life, removable storage cards, real flash and a real glass zoom lens.

And for those times you are still using the phone - I just email the pics to myself at full resolution.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 09:23:31 AM »

How is this?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 09:27:33 AM »

That worked fireguy :)   Nice job.

Fireguy

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 09:30:06 AM »

Photobucket was resizing the pics before downloading them to my album. I will post a step by step later of how I did this for the iPhone/iPad users.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »

Photobucket was resizing the pics before downloading them to my album. I will post a step by step later of how I did this for the iPhone/iPad users.

Please do post cause I downloaded the photobucket to IPhone but when it asks me to share the pic that I downloaded it only shows Facebook. I guess I need directions starting with taking the pic on IPhone and downloading to photobucket  :2vrolijk_21:  :'( 
Thanks ~ Judy
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 02:51:12 PM »

Go into your settings on Photobucket and set it for what you want.  The default is aways to reduce size, but you can upload full format pictures and videos if you like. Your hard drive space will be limited, but for a reasonable cost, they will allow unlimited storage.  I've been using it for seven years as I said before and it works for me. 

Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 20 queries.