Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: A Special Moment to Recognize "One of Our Own"  (Read 4651 times)

Sklywag

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 06 CVO Ultra - Sold
A Special Moment to Recognize "One of Our Own"
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:43:53 PM »

Over the years and the miles, and for me there have been so many, we meet many people that have anywhere from no impact to a major impact on our lives.

Today I want to recognize one of our members that has provided all of us with so much good information, laughs, road trips, incredible pictures & will leave a lasting memory with us as long as we live.

Many of you know who I am talking about because of the recent changes in the future of Motorcycling for he & his wife.

Yes, I am talking about none other than our own JCZ.  JC Officially retired from 2 wheels this week with the sale of his CVO-SG.  We watched him build it piece by piece and watched him put 50k miles on it in 2 years with some of the greatest ride reports you could do.

I have no idea how many MC Riders I have meet, known, forgot about over my 50 years of riding, but one thing I know I will never forget or let go of the friendship I (Trudy & I) have with JC & Terrie.  While it has only been several years that we have known & ridden with them, we will remain friends with them forever.

So, I say we let JC know just how much we appreciate him, for everything he has done for CVO, the incredible pictures & ride reports he has provided for us.

My hope is he will continue to participate in CVO, bringing us "Ride Reports & Pictures" no matter what the mode of transportation is.  His Ride Reports are 2nd to none.  He may have left two wheels behind for his personal well being but no one can take away his right to wear a CVO - HD Shirt with Pride!  One thing we know, he will always be a great ambassador for the MC Community.

So, what do you all say to this?
Bill (Sklywag)
  There are too many roads for one lifetime...

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: A Special Moment to Recognize "One of Our Own"
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 10:49:06 PM »

A huge 2nd on this post! JC's ride reports have gotten me through several cold Minnesota winters. They have highlighted places I have wanted to go and a few I have actually ridden. The bikes he built up for he and Terri were absolutely 1st class and he was always willing to lead a ride, go for a ride, give advice on riding, riding equipment, talk about riding and enjoy the parties after the ride.

I have promised I will get out to CA to ride with him, even if it is just for a short few hundred miles.

Thanks for all of the wisdom, beauty, inspiration, and encouragement!

May you experience many days of pain free activity with whatever toy you wish to acquire next!

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 10:57:05 PM »

X3!  Sad to see him on 4 wheels now instead of 2, but it doesn't change our friendship one bit!  Besides, he always has a bike to ride when he comes here!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 11:28:55 PM »

X4..... Not sure what to think about all of this, but the odds are against him,  Im betting he saddle up again! :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 12:26:32 AM »

i'm right there with you guys..   I miss his posts already! JC... i sure hope you make a come back and your back does improve,,  Hopefully you will get the "want" to get back on 2 wheels again sometime..Till then I hope you can still be part of CVOHARLEY.  Your posts were the highlight of me getting on here everyday..   I hope I still get to see some,,, :2vrolijk_21:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 05:48:45 AM »

JC, love reading your posts and seeing your pictures, Keep them comming!
The best to you and Terri as you go forward in life.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 08:22:20 AM »

How does one say "He's my best friend" and yet I've never met him.  I guess you could call JC my "long distance" friend. When I first joined this forum, it was JC that asked me to introduce myself and it was his encouragement that got me through the winter while I was laid up on the couch recovering from my mc accident.  His ride reports were so inspirational that I truly believe they helped me recover faster.  Thank you JC for all the beautiful pictures and I look forward to seeing more ride reports from your truck.   :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 09:55:43 AM »

I think we need to create a new position at CVO Harley  and promote JC to 'Ride Scout' whereby he and Terri will scope out new places to ride, map out the ride routes and provide the awesome pictures and description of the ride..    So what do you say,,,  I vote him and Terri into the new position with CVO.. Of course he will still retain his moderator authority.    :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:00:34 AM by cvobiker »

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 11:18:41 AM »

Never met the man and his wife but I was still shocked to see both of them sell their Harley's in a matter of days! :(

I hope they both stick around here and keep up the ride/travel reports no matter what form of transportation is "in the wind" in the future...I really enjoyed them, especially in the middle of winter up here in Canada!

Both of you, take care, be in good health and don't forget to drop by this place!

Cheers, :beerchug:

OK...I'm taking bets...how long before JCZ buys a new Harley...state year and first mod (I think secretly JCZ wants a CVO Road Glide)! ;D

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 11:38:50 AM »

Never met the man and his wife but I was still shocked to see both of them sell their Harley's in a matter of days! :(

I hope they both stick around here and keep up the ride/travel reports no matter what form of transportation is "in the wind" in the future...I really enjoyed them, especially in the middle of winter up here in Canada!

Both of you, take care, be in good health and don't forget to drop by this place!

Cheers, :beerchug:

OK...I'm taking bets...how long before JCZ buys a new Harley...state year and first mod (I think secretly JCZ wants a CVO Road Glide)! ;D

I hope this is true.  ::).  And him and Terrie would look good on a RG.  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 06:08:06 PM »

Very sad news that they are not riding. JC has inspired us all either in person or here on the forum with his ride reports and pics. I hope his health improves soon to ride again. If not hopefully he will still lift us up with his thoughts and pics on CVO forum. Sorry almost started preaching... Wishing you both the best.  Arland and Vickie
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 11:19:59 PM »

I want to thank Bill.........and everybody else that's posted on this thread.  Some very kind words......a bit over rated....but very kind words just the same.  Thank you everybody! :2vrolijk_21:

I will take this opportunity to let everybody know that I turned in my resignation to Neal and the other moderators back in early June.  So far, Neal's refused to accept it and so I guess I'm still a moderator.  I made history again......the first moderator that doesn't even have a bike. :huepfenlol2:

Seriously now......just for a minute......I want to say that this forum has been incredable beyond words to me.  Andy was the first one that I met on this forum and Jim shortly there after and I've developed great friendships with those guys and many other since.....all due to this forum.  I've met members and rode with them all across this country from ocean to ocean and from Canada to Mexico and I have to say I've really enjoyed most of those I've met and hope that our paths cross again.  Just keepin it real here.

We're not going to be laying down and dying and I've never been accused of being a couch potatoe so we'll keep doing what we've always done.....just a different mode of transportation.  If it looks like areas that you folks might be interested in, I'll post it up in the "Pictures" board.  I promise I'll try to not make my car or truck be the center focus. :P

Haven't been on my bike in a couple weeks.  So when it was time to head south to the bank in Modesto yesterday morning, thought I'd ride it my last ride.  By the time I got 35 miles down the road my back was killing me.  To the point that we stopped in Lodi and I asked Terrie if she wanted to ride it the rest of the way.

So.........I'm taking on all bets that I'm going to buy another bike and the odds are paying 10-1.  Naitram will hold all the bets for two years.  At the end of the two years, he and I will split all the winnings.  He can then go buy a new bike and I'll go buy a new truck :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 12:56:41 AM »

Saw the thread title and thought the worst.  Reading it now realized had missed JC's decision to stop riding.  From the post prior to this one I take it all the aches and pains finally caught up. 

If so hopefully different transport will help you feel better JC.  You thought I was an ass for a long time now but still hate to see anyone who enjoys it so have to get off their bike.  It may not be a wrong choice.  But it still sucks when the time comes.  Feel better and take the great road pics from four wheels.

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 02:12:49 AM »

JC, I've enjoyed and appreciated your travel reports, and was looking forward to meeting the Legend one of these days.   :znotworthy:  I've had my share of back pain, and know how horrible it can be.  The odd thing with mine is that riding in a car can be harder on my back than riding a bike.   :nixweiss: I hope that's not the case for you.

On the bright side, I hear Jazzy and Hoveround are looking for moderators on their forums...   ;)

Best of luck to you.  This is just the beginning of a great new era for you and the Mrs.  :2vrolijk_21:

Dan

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 08:49:45 AM »

JCZ,

I too would like to thank you for all your knowledge and info over the years.  I love your mods and how you would try new gear or products.  I have to agree with everyone here that your ride reports also helped me get through the Michigan winters.  I hope that in time your back will heal and you can get back on your iron horse.

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 24 queries.