Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: DEELEY WITH INPORTS NEW RULES  (Read 4574 times)

KID ROCK

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2009 orange crush
DEELEY WITH INPORTS NEW RULES
« on: February 28, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »

thers some new rules just starting as of march with inporting hds in to canada thanks to deeley.
canadian tires are up to date and are not passing nothing for your riv.
they know aboat the taillights and back fenders and speedos.

by the sounds of it a authorized hd dealer has to do the work too.
i would do some home work if your thinking aboat inporting a bike from the states to canada.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Re: DEELEY WITH INPORTS NEW RULES
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 11:34:31 AM »

This begs the question...

How does Deeley have control over what Canadian Tire or anyone else who does safety's on how they contuct their business?   :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:37:44 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

KID ROCK

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2009 orange crush
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 11:39:50 AM »

How does Deeley have control over what Canadian Tire or anyone else who does safety's on how they contuct their business?   :nixweiss:
im thinking transport canada is involved

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 11:44:05 AM »

How does Deeley have control over what Canadian Tire or anyone else who does safety's on how they contuct their business?   :nixweiss:
Deeley probably confirmed that Canadian Tire 'is aware' of the specific items (tail light and speedo) to be legal for street use in Canada
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Norm07

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 02:05:29 PM »

First, how can Deeley dictate where the modifications are done, unless it is to qualify the bike for Canadian Warranty.  I have imported two HD's one being a 2010 Streetglide last Spring.  There were modifications listed on the RIV Website but the Canadian Tire Mechanic I used was satisfied the bike, with existing light set up along with the stickers on the speedo satisfied the requirements.  When importing the bikes as well as a truck and three cars there was never any contact with Canadian Dealers.  Everything was done through the US Dealers (recalls and recall clearance letters) with no issues with RIV.  When we are importing we have to satisfy RIV not Deeley(again, unless it is a warranty issue).  If I choose to add a rear tail light/brake light/signal light set up on my 2012 imported streetglide I obtained say from a Canadian 2005 Honda VTX (approved in Canada) as long as it satisfies the mechanic Deeley should not have any say.  Same with the Speedo....what is to stop us from putting a clear  vynal overlay no different than what is on your  current speedo listing kph, in the same increments as a regular kph speedo.

Also, while I am on a Deeley rant....Deeley/Canadian price on three separate  items, with discount including taxes $234.00. Same items from US shipped to the border $158.00...and it will be declared upon entry and if there are 2 or 3 people in the vehicle In all likelihood  I will not have to pay. (My experience) :soapbox:

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »

I will go out of my way to avoid Deeley. After buying several bikes from them, I got a major run around when ordering my CVO this year. One of the best comments was......"you must be mistaken, it doesn't come in orange this year"......interesting! I was going to Mt Baker HD for service. as the oil change was 1/2 price. Not even to mention a full service discount. My understanding is Deeley had a big part in disolving their dealership. They were losing to much money. MB HD had a new building closer to the border but MOCO said their dealership was done! Now they are trying to dictate what Canadian Tire can do???  :nixweiss:

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 05:14:35 PM »

I really feel for all our Canadian Brothers. How can one dealer(even a huge one) control so much of what goes with HD in Canada. I don't know how much good it would do, but it sounds like time for a boycott. Does Deeley, directly or indirectly control ALL dealerships in the North? There has to be an answer to this, as all I have ever heard about the Deeley empire is negative :sauer005: :sauer005:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 05:18:52 PM »

I really feel for all our Canadian Brothers. How can one dealer(even a huge one) control so much of what goes with HD in Canada. I don't know how much good it would do, but it sounds like time for a boycott. Does Deeley, directly or indirectly control ALL dealerships in the North? There has to be an answer to this, as all I have ever heard about the Deeley empire is negative :sauer005: :sauer005:
ALL things Harley in Canada must go through Deeley. It's not that dealership controlling things....it's that Trev Deeley made a sweetheart deal with the MOCO to be the sole importer and distributor of ALL things Harley in Canada......which is why I buy as little as possible up here, and try to plan most of my spending to coincide with a nice Washington sate ride.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

KID ROCK

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2009 orange crush
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 08:30:09 PM »

hey all u Canadians.
my dealer dont sell screaming eagle clothing
he said ther some kinda copy right or something on it.
he said you can only buy screaming eagle clothing in the us.
is this true.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 09:06:06 PM »

hey all u Canadians.
my dealer dont sell screaming eagle clothing
he said ther some kinda copy right or something on it.
he said you can only buy screaming eagle clothing in the us.
is this true.

As a matter of fact, it sadly is true...  A good number of years ago just when Screamin' Eagle was being born in the U.S. someone in Quebec got a jump start and trade marked the Screamin' Eagle name in Canada before H-D could do anything about it.  So if you ever get to Quebec you just may find a line of clothing, but not in any dealers anywhere across this great land of ours.

Some of the aftermarket people who import bikes also import a small selection of Screamin' Eagle clothing so you may see it around the odd spot.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Soot

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5- Road King in Crushed Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Typhoon (blew in and blew out)
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 09:31:47 PM »

ALL things Harley in Canada must go through Deeley. It's not that dealership controlling things....it's that Trev Deeley made a sweetheart deal with the MOCO to be the sole importer and distributor of ALL things Harley in Canada......which is why I buy as little as possible up here, and try to plan most of my spending to coincide with a nice Washington sate ride.

Maybe this will set the record straight.....Deeley Harley Davidson Corp is Canada's ONLY HD dealer and the MOCO's largest single dealer in the world. This lone Canadian Dealer sells in excess of 20,000 bikes a year (so I was told by a reliable retailer). It was actually Fred Deeley (Trev Deeley's father) that made the deal with HD MOCO back in the early 1900's.

Insofar as Canadian Tire - they are NOT directed by Deeley but in fact by Transport Canada to regulate all the Vehicles that come in to Canada under RIV. Deeley's does however control whether or not the bikes coming into Canada conform to what's needed for warranty. You can have thework done anywhere but then you need a clearance tag from your authorized retailer to qualify for warranty.

Soot

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5- Road King in Crushed Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Typhoon (blew in and blew out)
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 09:39:41 PM »

This is in fact a round about way of limiting if not eliminating Canadians from buying NEW bikes in the USA from American dealers that don't really care if you're from Canada. Most of the US Dealers that operate close to the Canadian border will not risk running into a chit show with their fellow neighbouring CDN retailer. It was the same thing up here a number of years ago when the Greenback was really strong and came in at almost .60 cents on the dollar greater than the Loonie. CDN retailers were advised against selling to American buyers or face sanctions by Deeley.I get this on good information from our local retailer who's been a Harley retailer for almost 40 years.

Used bikes are a different story altogether. Buy as many as you want from where you want; when you want. And now you have the skinny on that!! :   :-\
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:42:23 PM by Soot »

KID ROCK

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2009 orange crush
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 10:15:10 PM »

This is in fact a round about way of limiting if not eliminating Canadians from buying NEW bikes in the USA from American dealers that don't really care if you're from Canada. Most of the US Dealers that operate close to the Canadian border will not risk running into a chit show with their fellow neighbouring CDN retailer. It was the same thing up here a number of years ago when the Greenback was really strong and came in at almost .60 cents on the dollar greater than the Loonie. CDN retailers were advised against selling to American buyers or face sanctions by Deeley.I get this on good information from our local retailer who's been a Harley retailer for almost 40 years.

Used bikes are a different story altogether. Buy as many as you want from where you want; when you want. And now you have the skinny on that!! :   :-\
ya thats what were talking aboat inporting used bikes and what hoops you got jump through for your riv

cruzmisl

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 10:32:32 PM »

Yeah its a bunch of chit! I hear the name Deeley and I want to spit. I imported my 12 RKC cause the local dealers wouldn't budge from list price in September for a year old bike and I had cash. So piss on 'em I went to the US. Now my VIN is blacklisted (for warranty). I can get it reinstated if I do the following;

1. Have the local dealer perform an "inspection" on a brand new bike at a cost of $600
2. Have the local dealer install a speedometer that reads in km/h at a cost of over $600 (just a money grab to sell a part). How a speedo affects my warranty is beyond me :soapbox:
3. Pay $250 to transfer the warranty. 

Then they wonder why nobody buys anything. I won't buy an oring from a canadian dealer out of principle.

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 10:43:45 PM »

I did find a great Canadian Dealership. Mountainview HD in Chilliwack BC. I am a lifetime member there they tell me, and get discounts on parts and labour for life! My first service they came and picked up my bike in a trailer.........it's an hour and a half drive!!! I bought multiple bikes from Deeley and it was a one shot 10% off parts but only at the time of purchase.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:46:26 PM by screamincvo »
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 24 queries.