Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: ABS light came on adn is staying on.  (Read 8062 times)

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
ABS light came on adn is staying on.
« on: March 30, 2013, 05:13:39 PM »

Anyone have any ideas, 250 miles on the bike and another problem GEEZ!!!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
Re: ABS light came on adn is staying on.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 05:54:43 PM »

"another problem"?  what has been wrong with your Breakout?

I am guessing the problem is a connection has come loose from one of the satellite ABS sensors to the "mothership" primary ABS unit.

When I bought my V-Rod and took a test ride, the ABS was on solid......they took it back into service that that is all it was.,

I am guessing the vibration of the bike shook a connection loose.

Bummer, because you definintely DONT have ABS until that gets fixed...
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 06:53:05 PM »

Bad paint on rear fender (replaced under warranty) installed Bassani exhaust and PV tuner. running like crap. getting DTC code low/leaned front O2 sensor. the chrome ring around the fuel cap is falling off. the dealer said it may not be a warranty issue so I ordered a new one. Only 10.00 but still. this is all within the first 300 miles.

I'm guessing if the O2 sensor is bad they will not want to warranty that either as it has aftermarket exhaust. This thing is wearing me out.

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 08:03:25 PM »

Check the routing of your abs sensor wire in front, I have the same thing going on and what happened is the way they have the wire routed
when you go to full lock left the wire is getting pinched and finally causes a short. At least this is what happened to me.

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member
abs light
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 08:09:30 PM »

Hey all, Looks like I might not be the only one with this problem. Check the routing of your front ABS sensor wire. The way that they wired it, it can get
pinched by the lower triple tree and cause a short.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
Re: abs light
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 06:21:24 AM »

Hey all, Looks like I might not be the only one with this problem. Check the routing of your front ABS sensor wire. The way that they wired it, it can get
pinched by the lower triple tree and cause a short.
Yep, happened on mine too.  Easy dealer fix covered by warranty.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 12:02:27 AM »

the wires were cut and shorting out and the dealer had to order the part. this happened just as I was trying to tune the bike with the new exhaust and Power Vision. it would intermittently sputter and act like it was running out of fuel. engine code was low/lean O2 sensor. The dealer claims they were not able to duplicate the performance issue. this was after they found and eliminated the shorting wires.

does anyone think that the ABS wires shorting out could have caused the engine issues? I did get an error several times while trying to flash the ECM. Dynojet said they never heard of such a thing. does anyone know if the ABS unit runs through the ECM? the weird thing is I never got an ABS code.

HAWGZ1LA

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 14' CVO Breakout
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 12:32:53 PM »

Just put pipes on my brand new, 0 mile, 14' cvo Breakout last night. I forgot to unhook the battery before I did so (dont know if this can Burt anything when messing with the o2 sensors).

Got the pipes put on. Fired it up just to heat cycle it for retorquing header nuts, and the (ABS) light is flashing now. Guess I need to look for pinched wires?

smiley1049

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 12:35:19 PM »

ABS lite will flash until riden Harley does things backward

HAWGZ1LA

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 12:41:49 PM »

Really? Didn't realize it the times I had it running before the pipes went on. Must have been the excitement of getting it delivered! LOL thanks for chiming in sir! I was beginning to worry :-/

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »

yea, the flashing ABS is counter-intuitive that's for sure.
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount

HAWGZ1LA

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 01:00:56 PM »

yea, the flashing ABS is counter-intuitive that's for sure.

What year z06 you got? I got a 08'

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 01:22:59 PM »

What year z06 you got? I got a 08'

Hi!  Looks like Daytona Orange maybe?

I am lucky enough to have two.  I have a 2004 that has been modified slightly and is strictly my weekend track car, and a 2010 Z06 that I run on the street.  I and other weekend warriors have found the C6 Z06 rear end is just too nervous for serious track use.  Rear end does not communicate very well when it is starting to lose adhesion to allow throttle control to correct it....can snap around in a hurry. Much harder to drive near the limit(with my abilities anyway) than my C5.   i remember when the C6 Z06's first came out in '06, there were numerous crashes during track weekends, including several experienced instructors, as they were not accustomed to it.  Experienced racers love it though.....

The C6 is a fantastic street car for me.  Very comfortable for trips as well.  One of the only cars I have owned that I did not swap out the stock exhaust...has a great sound...

Looks like they are putting a LOT of the ZR1 goodies into the C7 Z06   :2vrolijk_21:

HAWGZ1LA

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 01:27:09 PM »

Yeah I'd like a c7z. Wayy to much $ for me tho. I got this one running pretty good.  I got a YouTube vid of me beating a stock zr1 from 50-160 one night.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 06:25:16 PM »

ABS lite will flash until riden Harley does things backward

i dont think it's backwards at all.  it flashes to let you know that the system is working.  as soon as you start moving, it goes out.  if it comes on again, then you know you've got a problem.  it's a lot like when you start your car, all idiot lights illuminate to let you know system is working.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.